PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

Jagdflieger
May 24th, 2013, 13:22
Memorial Day is on Monday so I'd like to take a minute and thank all our Veterans here in the Outhouse as well as remember our fallen comrades.

Here's a link that says it all better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKqT0-3JV5E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Shadow Wolf 07
May 24th, 2013, 13:52
Thanks for the reminder Jagd.

Sunday night at 8:00 PM on TCM, see "Battleground." http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/9850/Battleground-Original-Trailer-.html

Captain Kurt
May 25th, 2013, 08:53
S! :salute:

p14u2nv
May 25th, 2013, 16:43
Happy Memorial Day to all of you veterans and thank you for serving.

I've never had friends like I had when I was in. Comes with the mindset I suppose.

Sure miss those guys...

:USA-flag:

Rami
May 26th, 2013, 14:28
Hey guys,

Many thanks to all those who presently or have, as Abraham Lincoln so succinctly put it, "given their last full measure of devotion" to keep our nation and its people free. :USA-flag:

SALUTE! :salute:

Just don't say "Happy Memorial Day" to me, it's one of my pet peeves. If you want to celebrate, that's what the 4th of July is for. This is a day of remembrance.

kelticheart
May 27th, 2013, 03:39
A salute from Europe, liberated by the Nazifascist criminal oppression with the sacrifice of thousands of young Allied lives. An historical fact that, sadly, is remembered by less and less young people, when not discarded as "just another of the horrible wars of the past".

:USA-flag: :unitedkingdom: :france: :salute:

KH

misson
May 27th, 2013, 17:23
my respectful salute to the American people on this day.:unitedstates::uruguay:

p14u2nv
May 28th, 2013, 19:17
I wish at this point to apologize to all veterans for my egregious comments wishing all a "Happy Memorial Day." As a veteran myself I know better, it was
inexcusable and I can't believe I mixed up a national military holiday like this. I too served my country with honor and dignity in the early 70's. This was simply an honest mistake. A senior moment, nothing more.

Again please accept my humblest and sincerest of apologies to anyone who may have been offended by what I inadvertinely posted. It was certainly not meant as apparently taken.

:USA-flag:

Rami
May 29th, 2013, 05:16
Hey guys,

It has come to my attention by a member who respectfully sent me a PM to discuss their issue that my comments about saying "Happy Memorial Day" may have rubbed people the wrong way. This was not aimed at anyone at SOH, and God knows it was NOT meant at anyone who has served in the Armed Forces of the United States (or any other nation, for that matter), and my apologies if anyone happened to take it that way. I was not offended, nor was it my intent to scold or shame anyone.

It was not an attempt at flag-waving, in fact I saw it as a show of support and respect for those who have served instead of it turning into just another holiday where we have a day off from work and use it as another excuse to eat. Here in Massachusetts, Memorial Day has become almost a joke of its true meaning...it's the first weekend of major-league Cape traffic and Monday is when many people clog up the roads on their way home from the Cape. This "marginalizing" of what should be a day of remembrance is what gets under my skin.

Lord knows, it was not an attempt to slander, scold, or otherwise marginalize anyone here at SOH. You have my most profound apologies if that was its effect.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Shadow Wolf 07
May 29th, 2013, 09:37
I certainly did not take your remarks as a slight, Rami. On the contrary they were a polite suggestion on the proper greeting of the day for a time set aside in memory of the fallen. :salute: