PDA

View Full Version : P-39D remake

hurricane3
May 24th, 2013, 10:15
I installed the remake of the stock P-39D ,oridginaly by B-24 guy and updated by OBIO.
When the plane first shows in the loading screen the pilot(I have the Allied and Japanese pilot sets)is out front on the cowling ,just ahead of the windscreen,when you go to fly the plane ,there is no pilot at all, which is better than him setting on the cowling.
Also I have noticed when you fly the bomb racks are about a foot below the bomb,the drop tank doesn't show at all but when I get to my backup disk that has the P-39 weapons pak it might remedy that.(I'am rebuilding the sim after a crash)
Is there a way to get the pilot at least to show when you fly the plane?Thanks

Allen
May 24th, 2013, 11:50
From what I recall OBIO alpha-ed out the stock pilot and used a DP based one. If you delete the us_pilot_1.bmp and us_pilot_2.bmp in the texture folder the stock pilot should come back. Than remove the DP based pilot.

I think the rest of the aircraft was using the DB weapons pack.

hurricane3
May 24th, 2013, 14:44
The figure of the pilot on the cowl still shows in the loadout screen but there is now one in the cockpit. When you go to fly there is just the pilot in the cockpit nobody sitting in front of the wind screen.
Of course the bomb shackles are still flying formation with the plane when I carry the bomb ,but no biggy there ,I have several P 39's and can carry a bomb on them.
Thankyou so much for your help.

hurricane3
May 24th, 2013, 15:40
I missed the part about deleting the dp pilot figure so I went back and opened the dp file for the P-39 ,took out the // marks in front of drop tank and deleted all the lines that said RAF pilot figure then saved it.
That fixed all the P-39 problems ,took the pilot figure from the cowling in the loadout screen ,fixed the droptank,and the shackles are where they belong.I saved a copy of the new dp file in a safe place since when I tried deleting it I didn't have any drop tank or external ordnance and no exhaust effect ,when I put the dp file back that I had changed everything was back to normal.
Thankyou so much for the help ,I now have a perfect P-39 that can carry a droptank and bombs with out the pilot figure on the cowling in the loadout screen,a pilot in the cockpit and shackles on the belly instead of a foot below the plane:salute:. Your the best,happy Memorial Day