PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Mauro's Bf109E-7 Trop...

Typhoon Willy
May 22nd, 2013, 19:22
There is a broken link in the Warbird's Archive: MG_Bf109 E7 Z-Trop "Jabo Emil" Would anybody happen to have this plane backed up somewhere on their system?

Thanks,

TW

Captain Kurt
May 22nd, 2013, 19:53
Page 6 of the Warbirds Combat Flight Simulator 2 Add-ons Aircraft - German section

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=54&sort=h&page=6&pp=20

I don't think anything remains in the archive now

Typhoon Willy
May 22nd, 2013, 20:39
Hi Capt,

Sorry, but I've already tried that model, and although it's an E-7 trop, it's not the one I'm looking for. I found a couple of skins by RobH (Brian Hill) in the CFS2 German skins section of the SOH Library, just unable to find the plane to go with it.

Kind regards,

TW

kelticheart
May 22nd, 2013, 23:57
Hi Capt,

Sorry, but I've already tried that model, and although it's an E-7 trop, it's not the one I'm looking for. I found a couple of skins by RobH (Brian Hill) in the CFS2 German skins section of the SOH Library, just unable to find the plane to go with it.

Kind regards,

TW

Hi TW,

you are right. Brian painted a big collection of non-trop AH's Bf109E-4 in desert camo and only two skins for the still very nice, specifically built for North African theatre, Bf109E-7 Trop by Mauro Giacomazzi.

I long ago pushed for a preservation drive to upload all of Mauro Giacomazzi's production here at SOH but, evidently, all of Mauro's models and repaints were lost in both HDD crash and hacker attacks.

It's high time to re-upload again Mauro's models for preservation, there's no need to ask for any permission as Mauro declared his models freeware public domain a long time ago already.

The British aircraft section has only Mauro's Hurricane MkIIB and MkIID Trop, while Mauro's MkIIC, MkIIC Trop, MkIA Catapult and Sea Hurricane MkI are missing, while the MkIA and the Sea Hurricane MkIIC are available as AvHistory's rebuilds in the 1% library section.

I just reviewed the entire German section and there's no trace of Mauro's Bf109s.

He produced the following models:

Messerschmitt Bf109E-4N, flown by Adolf Galland during the Kanalkampf in 1940;
Messerschmitt Bf109E-7 Trop, 1941 Martubah, Lybia;
Messerschmitt Bf109F-4, 1941 Sicily;
Messerschmitt Bf109F-4 Trop, the famous "Yellow 14", flown by Hans Joachim Marseille in North Africa in 1942.

What's nice about the trop versions is that all tropicalised details, like dust filters over the compressor intake and such, are faithfully reproduced. Besides, they are an excellent compromise between details and fps performance.

I'll check if I have all the original files without my usual mods and, if I do, I'll start uploading Bf109s and Hurries tomorrow. Let me point out also that Sopwith Chameleon's, or SC, did a very nice collection of Mauro's Hurricane historical repaints three years ago, renewing their looks.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Rami
May 23rd, 2013, 03:21
Kelti and others,

By all means...if you have them, upload them! I'll take care of the rest.

Typhoon Willy
May 23rd, 2013, 05:28
Hi everyone,

I found the Bf109E-4N and Bf109F-4 trop at Simviation and believe Mauro's Sea Hurricane is there as well, although there's no reason we can't include them here.

I'll see about digging them up from my own archives and upload them here.

Thanks,

TW

Finn
May 23rd, 2013, 06:30
On the excellent Free-Flight site you can find a number of Mauro's aircraft. There are 6 pages of CFS2-planes (plus some WW1 and author-paged planes) where I found Hawker Hurricane MK 2C Trop, a BF 109 E-4N and the DAF Hurricane MK 1 C and D by Mauro. The address is
http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Aircraft_CFS2.htm Finn

Typhoon Willy
May 23rd, 2013, 07:17
Thanks to Irish_Rogue (aka alpha_1), I have uploaded Mauro's Bf109E-7 trop to the library!

Edit: I also uploaded Mauro's Bf109f-4, Hurricat v3.0, and thanks to Finn, the Bf109E-4N.

On a side note, I think Mauro also did a Watt prop Hurricane, IIRC.

TW

Rami
May 23rd, 2013, 07:56
Hey guys,

Thanks, they are all uploaded and in the new library. :cost1: