PDA

View Full Version : Moore, OK

PRB
May 20th, 2013, 13:21
Send your prayers towards Moore Oklahoma. They just got nailed by a massive tornado, and the destruction appears to be huge.

arfyhun
May 20th, 2013, 13:34
I stand with them.

Graham

Daveroo
May 20th, 2013, 13:40
man...what a bad situation in that entire area...

Kiwikat
May 20th, 2013, 14:07
There are still a bunch of other tornadic storms in OK and surrounding states. This'll be a day that won't be forgotten for a long time. I hope people stay ahead of these things and get to safety.

RL_201
May 20th, 2013, 14:40
For those interested; here is a link for Broadcastify's Oklahoma City's Police Department streaming feed: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/9683/web

aeromed202
May 20th, 2013, 15:49
Looks like it was up to two miles wide. Can't fathom what destruction that can do. Thanks for the radio link.

Moses03
May 20th, 2013, 15:50
I remember when Moore got slammed by a F5 tornado back in 1999. Gosh!

TARPSBird
May 20th, 2013, 15:55
When any tornado has a funnel base almost two miles wide, that's basically Armageddon for whatever/whoever is in its path, regardless of where it marks up on the Fujita scale. Horrible images coming out of Oklahoma this evening.

Willy
May 20th, 2013, 16:03
My prayers to the folks in Oklahoma. We got slammed here on the north side of town with one in '06 that killed several people.

I keep a national weather radar site bookmarked to keep an eye on storms that might be heading my way ever since that last one. What rolls through NE Texas and Oklahoma usually ends up here within about 36 hours. Think I'll go check flashlights and stuff.....

Anyone else who is east of that storm front best be prepared to hunker down.

aeromed202
May 20th, 2013, 16:53
For sure keep a weather eye and take Warnings seriously- those mean a tornado or dangerous storm has been sighted. You may only have minutes or seconds to respond so have a plan.

Listening in sure confirms things like this bring out the best and worst of people. While PD deals with looters and the usual calls I just heard what sounds like a school that managed to get some staff in and are opening up dorms and food supplies for those needing shelter. Going to be a long week.

Dain Arns
May 20th, 2013, 17:15
I remember when Moore got slammed by a F5 tornado back in 1999. Gosh!

Me too. :frown:

Dr. Greg Forbes from the Weather Channel is on scene, he stated there is no doubt in his mind this was an EF5.
He saw curbing from the streets ripped up and imbedded in the earth some distance away from where it was picked up.
Also being reported now that this tornado was 3 times larger than the 1999 one.

When any tornado has a funnel base almost two miles wide, that's basically Armageddon for whatever/whoever is in its path, regardless of where it marks up on the Fujita scale. Horrible images coming out of Oklahoma this evening.

Looks like if you were not in an underground shelter in the path of this one, your chances of survival were very slim. :frown:

But Plaza Towers Elementary School is the real heart breaker in this tragedy.
Looks like none of the K-3rd grade students made it out.
Prayers, thoughts, and condolences for the parents and families.

Kiwikat
May 20th, 2013, 18:12
At least 7 children dead, 40 still missing. The video, photos, and stories will be truly heartbreaking tomorrow morning. It is going to be a long night. :(

wombat666
May 21st, 2013, 04:34
Reports in the Australia (18:00 EST) media are sad, 91 fatalities so far and many missing.
:kilroy: