PDA

View Full Version : got a forum question

Daveroo
May 20th, 2013, 08:29
and a confession.

i sometimes,when i see a photograph i like,right click and save as.for my private use....yes i have a habit of posting pic links from airliners.net here but i allways give photographer info and airliner.net info..

heres my question..why are the photo posts on SOH now ending with ".jpg~original" ?are the posters doing this? as i thought the first time i saw this extention ,as the poster had taken the pics and posted them himself,i assumed he was protecting himself and i pm'd a resquest for copies.
then i saw a post of a pic from WWII from another poster that couldnt possibly be the posters copywrite...he be to young...lol..but that pic has the same ".jpg~original" extention...so im just wondering....this a built in protection from jerks like me? or something yall came up with in a superduper secret soh meeting?

BTW i have a 20 inch photo frame thing,,i collect pics from the net ( i know many people dont like that) and i put them on a SD disc or USB flash drive thingy and do slideshows...

Bomber_12th
May 20th, 2013, 09:14
Dave, that extension is simply part of the Photobucket link. Through Photobucket, if you want the image to display in the original native size, it has to have that "~original" extension at the end - "original" refers to that fact that the image will be displayed in its original size, rather than a smaller size. This has nothing to do with SOH, and is no 'meaningful act' other than to just have the image display in its proper size.

Daveroo
May 20th, 2013, 13:45
i see....thanks