PDA

View Full Version : US Airways Express flight makes belly landing

CWOJackson
May 18th, 2013, 07:50
A US Airways flight with 34 people aboard was forced to make a dramatic belly landing at Newark International Airport last night.

87213 87214

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2326538/Terrified-passengers-escape-alive-US-Airways-flight-makes-belly-landing-Newark-airport-landing-gear-failed.html

n4gix
May 18th, 2013, 08:01
That was an excellent outcome for that flight! Kudos to the cockpit crew for their skills. One good thing though is that since there was no chance of prop/engine damage, a bit of skin work along with repairs to the landing gear should allow that airframe to be back in service rather quickly, all things considered.

SSI01
May 18th, 2013, 08:32
Not sure if I'd be photographed grinnin' next to that thing, just yet . . .

Kinda reminds one of the end of "The High and The Mighty," where the boss stands beneath the wrecked R2000 just barely hanging from the wing and fixes each of the crew in turn with that management look. He tells the AC and co-pilot, "We'll talk soon." He's not sure if he's going to give them a bonus for saving the aircraft and pax, or throw the book at them for not ditching instead of taking a chance flying over a heavily-populated area with nothing but vapors in the tanks. Mr. Gann really leaves one hanging with that ending - although the management type does express some affection for the old co-pilot with his closing remarks.

CWOJackson
May 18th, 2013, 14:17
Not sure if I'd be photographed grinnin' next to that thing, just yet . . .

I'm not sure I'd be able to stop grinning for a few days...whereas I would have had to change my trousers rather quickly.