PDA

View Full Version : "All-Star" race qualifying

PRB
May 17th, 2013, 17:27
That was interesting. It was a bit startling to see the cars come screaming onto pit road at race speeds. As the 48 was starting his run I was thinking "ok, who is going to be the first one to screw this up?" LOLOLOL :icon_lol:

stansdds
May 18th, 2013, 04:24
I did not get to see any of last night's activities. I'm not a fan of removing the pit road speed limit, it's a safety issue.:isadizzy:

Terry
May 18th, 2013, 04:41
It was perfectly safe. The crew was not allowed over the wall till the car stopped. Makes me yearn for the old days with no speed limit. You would think people would have been bowled over like pins but they were not because they were used to it and knew how to get out of the way.

Panther_99FS
May 18th, 2013, 09:21
Makes me yearn for the old days with no speed limit. You would think people would have been bowled over like pins but they were not because they were used to it and knew how to get out of the way.

I hear ya!

eddie
May 18th, 2013, 13:55
Watch this video of Ambrose during practice. It at first looks like he might have cut a tire, when he went into the wall. But near the end of the video, you'll see what actually happened to his car. Believe it or not, he lost his right rear axle,lol You'll see it shoot out from the car, like a missle!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NASCAR?vid=38ef806f-b61a-4ed9-bb69-84e2a544ecb9&from=foxsports/Nascar+Sprint+Cup/headlines

Cazzie
May 19th, 2013, 08:08
I hear you Terry. I watched the forst 20 laps, but hit the sack. The "All-Star" race is NASCAR doing Barnum & Bailey to a tee. It's a sham. I knew from the get-go Danica would be fan selected and the 48 would win. No need to waste my time over a wrestling match with cars. It is all orchestrated to NASCAR's wants. There will never again be a "Pass in the Grass" at this fiasco.

Caz

Terry
May 19th, 2013, 08:45
Well, there never was a pass in the grass. He just ran off the track and pulled back on without spinning, part skill part luck.

That race last night was boring. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open.

Panther_99FS
May 19th, 2013, 09:48
I hear you Terry. I watched the forst 20 laps, but hit the sack. The "All-Star" race is NASCAR doing Barnum & Bailey to a tee. It's a sham. I knew from the get-go Danica would be fan selected and the 48 would win. No need to waste my time over a wrestling match with cars. It is all orchestrated to NASCAR's wants. There will never again be a "Pass in the Grass" at this fiasco.

Caz

The #48 team did put together a good race & seemed to steadily work their way up.
- Don't know what happened to Kahne there at the end - he really dropped off.
- Seems like Kurt was only good in clean air
- Danica did get some boos - is the "love affair" over?

Hypothetical:
- If Logano had been leading with Stewart in 2nd & Newman in 3rd, what would have happened? :icon_lol:

stansdds
May 20th, 2013, 04:05
The 48 team got a good number of boos as well. I think a good number of fans are tired of the domination by the 48 team.

Terry
May 20th, 2013, 04:25
What I found curious in the rules is they spent all the time and effort running 4, 20 lap segements and then averaged everyone out. That's good, now you have the teams in order of performance. Now they throw that all in the trash can with the mandatory caution and the order is now based on that pit stop performance. The order should have been frozen after the averaging and started the 5th segment in that order. It seems if your going to base the starting order of the 5th segment on one pit stop, why have segments. Just run 90 laps and see what happens.

stansdds
May 20th, 2013, 06:16
What I found curious in the rules is they spent all the time and effort running 4, 20 lap segements and then averaged everyone out. That's good, now you have the teams in order of performance. Now they throw that all in the trash can with the mandatory caution and the order is now based on that pit stop performance. The order should have been frozen after the averaging and started the 5th segment in that order. It seems if your going to base the starting order of the 5th segment on one pit stop, why have segments. Just run 90 laps and see what happens.

I agree, a 90 lap race would have been just fine. I know NASCAR wants the All-Star Race to be something special, but this race is about money, no points, so a short, let it all hang out sort of race would be fun.