PDA

View Full Version : FSX textures question...

rdaniell
May 16th, 2013, 05:14
...I have Ultimate Terrain X installed and am very happy with it. My question is: "Do any of you'll who have Flight1's Ground Environment X installed feel strongly that it was a good investment? Or do you wish you had passed and saved your money?"

For simplicity sake, I have already looked at a lot of texture packages and culled them so please don't respond to this post with any comments about anything other than Flight1's Ground Environment X. :icon_lol: My cognitive ability :isadizzy: is maxed out now with trying to make a decision about it.

Thank you.

RD

Dimus
May 16th, 2013, 06:12
Randy, I have all GEX regions and strongly believe they are one of the best investments as they enhance large areas at a low price. Coupled with UTX, which you have, or another landclass product they provide a good representation of the general feeling of the area.

However, tastes differ and there are people who prefer default FSX to GEX. The answer is that with the Flight1 system you can return your purchase and get a full refund. So it does not hurt to try.

paiken
May 16th, 2013, 06:27
I'm currently using UTX and GEX North America and am very happy with the combination. UTX does a great job of placing roads and rivers, etc. while GEX fills in the default textures with something much more pleasing to the eye. Worth the investment.

JIMJAM
May 16th, 2013, 06:50
UTX+GEX+FEX+activesky 2012.
Ive been running each since they were released and all together for years.
But Yes,once you run and see GeX textures you will never want to fly vanilla Fsx.
Maybe if you loosen your helmet the decision will not be so tough.hahaha

rdaniell
May 16th, 2013, 06:57
I have been considering this purchase for over a year now. Now that there are no current aircraft releases that I just can't live without, I guess it's time to get the credit card out.:running:

RD

JIMJAM
May 16th, 2013, 07:09
Yeah both fex and gex are great looking textures.They have alot of options you can change to suit your own visual taste and also performance options. The clouds that fex has are incredible and I use them instead of the ones which now come with activesky.I have way to many planes and lets face it most sit gathering dust but the weather and ground textures and always being used and seen.The overall enviroment is the area I concentrated on a long time ago.

Rimshot
May 16th, 2013, 08:12
...For simplicity sake, I have already looked at a lot of texture packages and culled them so please don't respond to this post with any comments about anything other than Flight1's Ground Environment X.

Sorry, but ehm FTX Global. Due for release in June and judging by the screenshots far better textures than GEX as far as I'm concerned.