PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Problem

airtj
May 15th, 2013, 19:26
Just wondering if these screen shots mean that my graphics card is over heating or is the card bad? When this happen the temp for the card was around 39-40*C. The card is not overclocked and all the settings are default. Should I turn up the graphics card fan up? The only programs that were running was FSX, Active Sky Evolution, NVIDIA Inspector, and Linda. Thanks for the tips.

Computer Specs
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Asus P8 Z68M
16 GB DDR3 1600
Intel i7-2700
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
FSX w/acceleration

OleBoy
May 15th, 2013, 19:41
I think my focus would be on the video card drivers themselves if the symptoms were not always like this.

TuFun
May 15th, 2013, 19:46
If you have other games, try those to see if your getting corruption also.

Skyhawk18
May 16th, 2013, 02:20
Temp sounds OK to me. Check your video card for dust (clean carefully). Check for driver updates and update for NVIDIA inspector.
Does this happens all the time, or only occasionally? If your video card is broken, I think you will see lots of vertical lines too

roger-wilco-66
May 16th, 2013, 04:22
If this effect is only bound to FSX your shader cache (FSX) could be corrupt.
You might want to flush the cache, see

http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

HTH
Mark

airtj
May 17th, 2013, 07:38
Anyone else having a hard time installing these drivers? Every time I installed the drivers and reboot the startup repair comes up and tries to fix the problem. I've tried uninstalling the older drivers through windows it does not work. I've tried using drive sweeper and that works but after I install the newer drivers the startup repair comes up again. I've disabled my anti-virus and that doesn't make any difference. I also tried booting into safe mode to install the new drivers but that does not work.