PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia Skyhawk

RKinkor
May 14th, 2013, 04:59
With sale going on I am considering the Skyhawk from Virtavia and I have a question. How do the frame rates compare to their F-111? I have Core2 2.4ghz and nvidia gts450 4 gigs ram windows xp 32 bit fps limited to 25. The F-111 seems to be a bit of a frame rate killer on my system and I am wondering if I have finally found the limits of what my system can handle or is the scooter easier on frames than the Vark. Most other payware other than Milviz Redbull do not really impact fps except in metro areas where the performance is still ok. Just asking for a comparison as would like to have the scooter but don't want to spend the money on something basically gets uninstalled after purchase. Many Thanks in advance.

fsafranek
May 14th, 2013, 10:45
My system is an Intel "Bayfield" motherboard with a "Intel Pentium 4, 3.06 GHz Processor with Hyper Threading Technology". I'm not sure what that equates to anymore because I got it about nine years ago when working for a company that had software that was being bring bundled with the Intel motherboard boxes. They gave us a few complete systems to test with and this one somehow ended up at my home when we were bought out. Weirdest thing. I also have 3GB RAM onboard and an NVIDIA GeForce 7600 SE. Still running WinXP Sp2 with FSX Acceleration. Bottom line it is nowadays a low end system for FSX that is challenged by some of the more recent aircraft releases. But it handles the Virtavia A-4 with no problems.

RKinkor
May 15th, 2013, 05:44
Thank you sir!

hschuit
May 15th, 2013, 08:36
HU: PC Aviator now also has the V1.1 installer.

navy81
May 15th, 2013, 13:55
For the Scooter lovers out there, the Virtavia Skyhawk (IMHO) is hands down the best out there, and I have a few repaints uploaded to the FSX Skins folder in the Add-Ons Library, that will go well with the Oriskany created by Gary (gp183601).

fsafranek
May 16th, 2013, 07:15
For the Scooter lovers out there, the Virtavia Skyhawk (IMHO) is hands down the best out there, and I have a few repaints uploaded to the FSX Skins folder in the Add-Ons Library, that will go well with the Oriskany created by Gary (gp183601).

Thanks for the new schemes!
:ernae:

RKinkor
May 17th, 2013, 04:14
As an update I decided to get the Hind and the Scooter. So far the scooter is very smooth on the frames. Thanks for the advice guys.