PDA

View Full Version : Glasair III

SirBenn21
January 11th, 2009, 01:15
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Glasair III?

Link HERE (http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.php?productid=233&cat=36&page=2)

Thanks

Ben

Nick C
January 11th, 2009, 01:33
It was a nice aircraft, but I don't think I've tried it in FSX SP2/Accel.

simkid22
January 11th, 2009, 01:44
If you liked it in FS9 You'll love it in FSX. Its fun to tear around the sport class course at Reno too!

CBris
January 11th, 2009, 02:42
I have it, and I painted it a couple of times, but it's too "plastic" a plane for my taste. Nothing wrong with it, but it's just too modern.

Flies nicely, behaves well.

SirBenn21
January 11th, 2009, 03:05
Thanks

:typing:

Nick C
January 11th, 2009, 05:22
I've just re-installed the Glasair and despite the installer not completing (hung on registering fonts) it is working fine in FSX Acceleration. I did install the patch which is available in the Aussim forum, it may be worth doing the same if you are running FSX SP2.

What I had forgotten is how much fun it is to fly and how nice the VC is.

Off to tootle around the south coast of the UK in her.

JohnC
January 11th, 2009, 09:14
Wow, what a pleasant suprise. I unstalled this months ago because the frames were so bad. The patch includes FSX compiled models and it provides a 100% improvement.

Ferry_vO
January 11th, 2009, 09:30
Thanks for the HU on the patch! :applause:

I didn't reinstall this because of the prop and glass issues, but it looks like I can get back to flying this one now!

Lionheart
January 11th, 2009, 09:40
Thanks JCagle for the screenshots and info.

Man, looks like I need this in my hanger!!

Bill

kilo delta
January 11th, 2009, 09:50
I've just re-installed the Glasair and despite the installer not completing (hung on registering fonts) it is working fine in FSX Acceleration. I did install the patch which is available in the Aussim forum, it may be worth doing the same if you are running FSX SP2.

What I had forgotten is how much fun it is to fly and how nice the VC is.

Off to tootle around the south coast of the UK in her.

Download Link ---> http://www.aussim.com.au/glasair/public/asg3_fsx_sp2.zip

:)

Ferry_vO
January 11th, 2009, 13:20
Man, looks like I need this in my hanger!!

I think this one's enough of an 'oddball' to be right up your alley, Bill!

With the update the framerate is excellent, and it's still a joy to fly.
Stabil enough to cruise and enjoy the scenery, but it will also do aerobatics and it will fly circles around any piston-powered Cessna or Mooney when you go flat out. :d

The only thing that seems to be missing with the update are dds textures, but since this one's made out of plastic I guess there are no bumps to map anyway. ;)