PDA

View Full Version : P3D Booster.......

luckydog
May 11th, 2013, 19:11
I was fartin' around tonite in the Pilot Shop ( bored with a little money to burn ) and came across sumthin' called "Xtreme P3D Booster". I'm pretty happy with P3D, but decided to give this "booster" thing a try. HOLY GUACAMOLE !!! I've only flown once with it so far, but my frame rates have at least doubled in all areas. Only an hour on it tonite ( mountains and Vancouver ) so further experimentation is needed............but I am impressed so far. LD

OleBoy
May 12th, 2013, 04:46
I'm all ears. Your PC specs would be good to know so we have a guideline.

luckydog
May 12th, 2013, 06:47
I'm computer illiterate but I'll do my best: sticker on the side says AMD 6 core 2.8 ghz, 8 gig ram, and 1 gig integrated graphics. I'm running Windows 7.

luckydog
May 12th, 2013, 20:38
update: getting a curvature/distortion left and right edges of monitor that diminish in flight (or I just get used to it).........landings appear to be faster, visually. Could be my 27" monitor. FPS excellent (30 ++), occasional "stutter" has disappeared.

Lionheart
May 13th, 2013, 15:43
Sweet! I wonder what in the world it does to do this?

luckydog
May 13th, 2013, 17:58
Looks like it sets things up according to your computer.......... here's their blurb:

Xtreme P3D Booster has been designed keeping in mind the thousands of possible hardware configurations. The special software analyzes your computer hardware in depth (CPU, GPU, memory, hard disc speed and etc.) and sets a number of documented and undocumented tweaks to the correct values that is optimal for your PC.

No technical knowledge is needed. Just execute Xtreme P3D Booster, then Prepar3D and enjoy it with the maximum frames and smoothness you can get from your PC without changing any of your Prepar3D sliders.

While some tweaks have been posted at many forums, many of them can not work for anyone. Tweaks are values that configure Prepar3D internal code options. So, if you just copy a tweak with the value, Prepar3D will slow down or became unstable if this value is not suitable for your PC. Of course, many tweaks are tied together, so, if one tweak value is ok and the other is not, then the result will be the same. There are almost 10 important tweaks that needs to be calculated exactly and all of them need a lot of calculations. So, the maximum calculations can be millions. That's why we are using computers and software's. Computers do those calculations for us in just some milliseconds and not days, months, years. This is what Xtreme P3D Booster can do for your Prepar3D. Give the maximum from Prepar3D code.

So, at every execution, Xtreme P3D Booster while reading all of your current hardware will do special calculations about the tweaks that need to apply for your Prepar3D.

Also, most of the Simmers, except Prepar3D use also external programs/utilities like Active sky and etc. Any of those programs consumes a lot of CPU power that Prepar3D needs. Setting those kind of add-ons inside Xtreme P3D Booster, will handle them in a special way. Those programs will always try to find idle core or cores of your CPU will they are running without affecting the cores that works for Prepar3D. So, Prepar3D will always be the program with the most dedicated CPU Power.

Naismith
May 14th, 2013, 01:01
It does no more than what Kostas and Jesus websites do in reality. There are no magical solutions. There have been numerous reviews by reputable sites in the past to this sort of thing. They just relieve the simmer of the onerous task of doing the research themselves, but for free.