PDA

View Full Version : 'Yes, I Actually Somewhat Enjoy This Song'...

Panther_99FS
January 10th, 2009, 23:03
__VQX2Xn7tI

Brian_Gladden
January 11th, 2009, 04:25
Ahhhh, yes. Karen Carpenter. Another great talent gone too soon. Besides her incredible voice, she was an accomplished drummer at a time when 'girls' didn't play the drums.

Brian

Pepere
January 11th, 2009, 05:50
Very nice. Thanks!

David :sleep:

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2009, 07:40
I love the Carpenters. My wife, on the other hand, cannot stand them. Oh well,....... headphones are a good thing.

NC

stansdds
January 11th, 2009, 08:38
Ahhh, music from my youth.

rayrey10
January 11th, 2009, 11:07
My old man loves Karen Carpenter. I grew up listening to them

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2009, 11:55
I know I'll catch flak for this (and don't care) I actually like some of Barry Manilow's older songs.............

NC

cheezyflier
January 11th, 2009, 12:29
biting my tounge on this one...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/417971302_d648422698.jpg?v=1173656012

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2009, 13:18
Yeah, I know, I know....but my lp, cd, dvd collection also includes (amongst many others): Def Leppard (still don't understand naming a group after a big cat that can't hear:whistle:), Loggins and Messina, Doobies, AC/DC, Michael McDonald, Hall and Oates, Earth Wind and Fire, Wayne Cochran, Eagles, Sanford Townsend Band, Little Feat, Allman Brothers, Glenn Miller, Betty Hutton, Alice Cooper, Little River Band, Bob Seger, Glen Gray, Les Brown and his band of Reknown, Kay Kyser and his Band of Musical Knowledge, Motley Crue, and the list goes on. I even have some Tom Jones somewhere. By the way, I chauffeured T. Jones once. I have never seen more out of control fans, than at a Tom Jones concert. Those middle aged women are the craziest!!!!

And yes, I know how "deaf" is really spelled. I just kid my wife about that group's name.

Pete

cheezyflier
January 11th, 2009, 18:49
my uncle played drums for les brown sometimes.
Bill Bowe
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/BeBopBillBowe.jpg

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2009, 19:00
I knew a trombonist for Les Brown who played with him in the late 70s, early 80s. Trying to remember his name, but I know he went on to become the head of the music dept. for San Diego State Univ., and was with a jazz band that released two cds. I'll repost with more info when I can find it.

Pete

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2009, 19:04
Bill Yeager is the guy. Here is more information on him. I was wrong about his actual title, but he is still with SDSU.

Pete

http://jazz.sdsu.edu/faculty/yeager

Donkey
January 11th, 2009, 19:37
Most of the 70's music is before I was really musically aware, but have to say that my favorite old time band would be Pink Floyd. Big part of the reason that I like them so much is probably the concert I attended in '94 and the impression that left behind. To today still one, if not THE, most impressive concerts I have seen.

"Learning to Fly" at their Pulse concert. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ql6jKvwbKA)

demorier
January 12th, 2009, 00:10
Ok , somebody had to say it....Barry Manilow!!!!!!....I think I'm going to be sick.

Navy Chief
January 12th, 2009, 04:39
Well, I could've said "Slim Whitman".......but it might cause someone's head to explode!

NC

cheezyflier
January 12th, 2009, 05:53
Most of the 70's music is before I was really musically aware, but have to say that my favorite old time band would be Pink Floyd.

i have a hard time accepting pink floyd as an "old time band"
maybe that dates me somehow, i dunno. :faint:

Well, I could've said "Slim Whitman".......but it might cause someone's head to explode!

NC

only if they know about indian love call :caked:

Silver Fox
January 12th, 2009, 07:14
Thanks for that P!

Sometimes I want to hear talent, not just enthusiasm... Karen Carpenter had talent in spades! I've got most of 'Yesterday Once More' (Best of) loaded on my iPod Touch. It doesn't get played often... but it is nice to have available.