PDA

View Full Version : Gear up/down anomalies

jinx
May 9th, 2013, 16:56
Flying in easy settings, when I hit the water or the ground with gear down, the sim pushes me up to altitude, around 2000 feet plus some, and with some aicraft, when they reappear, the gear is retracted, with others it has stayed out. I had noticed this as long ago as 10 years and now I see it again.

Why does this happen with some planes and not with all? We have two different behaviors here when the plane respawns.

Does anyone know and can we mod this in any way?

Thanks for any enlightenment you may give.

Nick

Discus
May 10th, 2013, 13:48
jinx

Try looking if different behaviours come from "regular" airplanes or add ons.

I havenīt experienced that before. But I fly almost from the first day in CFS2 in hard/difficult mode. I had many hours of flying in simms.
When I touch the ground with the wheels up...propeller strike, and if you donīt finish the mission fast....big bang!! Yes. You see the stars!
To avoid that explosions I have tried to stop the engine and disconnect the magnetos and the main switch before making and emergency landing with a wounded bird but I canīt remember the results.

I have experienced strange things as loss of power without any other symptom as fuel starvation of the engine, excessive heat, bad settings of propeller rpm, fuel mixture, etc.. Never knew how to solve the problem.

Cheers, Discus

jinx
May 10th, 2013, 15:29
jinx

Try looking if different behaviours come from "regular" airplanes or add ons.

I havenīt experienced that before. But I fly almost from the first day in CFS2 in hard/difficult mode. I had many hours of flying in simms.
When I touch the ground with the wheels up...propeller strike, and if you donīt finish the mission fast....big bang!! Yes. You see the stars!
To avoid that explosions I have tried to stop the engine and disconnect the magnetos and the main switch before making and emergency landing with a wounded bird but I canīt remember the results.

I have experienced strange things as loss of power without any other symptom as fuel starvation of the engine, excessive heat, bad settings of propeller rpm, fuel mixture, etc.. Never knew how to solve the problem.

Cheers, Discus

Thanks Discrus.

I will try what say in the first line of your reply--that might give me a clue.

I fly mostly in easy settings but I will try hard ones more and more.

In the civil sims, fs9, fsx, and fs2002 pro, I always fly with hard settings--no problems at all there...no mishaps--or ratherm very rarely, say 1 in 20 flights...

:salute:Thanks again.

Nick

The B24 Guy
May 10th, 2013, 17:45
Hi Jinx,

Check your settings and make sure you are not "invincible"

Regards,
B24Guy