PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Parking Brake message

jinx
May 9th, 2013, 16:50
When I apply Parking brakes, I get the Parking brakes message in red letters.

In some aircraft the letters appear in the middle of the screen, in others at the bottom of it.

What is it that controls their position and is it something we can modify to taste?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

Shadow Wolf 07
May 10th, 2013, 12:15
When I apply Parking brakes, I get the Parking brakes message in red letters.

In some aircraft the letters appear in the middle of the screen, in others at the bottom of it.

What is it that controls their position and is it something we can modify to taste?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

From what I have noticed it appears to adjust itself to a "clear" part of the screen. In panel view, I see it in the canopy, in the "open" view it is always on the bottom left. I doubt you can set where it is displayed but the wizards we have here may know a way.

Shessi
May 10th, 2013, 22:35
Hi-Jinx,
I know what you mean, and no you can't it is hard coded into the sim........BUT a great little addition is this file attached. What it does is replace the brake text with two asterisks in the lower screen corner, much better IMO. You can also turn off the messages display and still have these small icons.

To install, go to your CFS2 main files, rename the 'english.fll' file to something else (so you can re-activate this version if you like), unzip and place the attached file in the same location and go fly!

Cheers Shessi

jinx
May 10th, 2013, 23:19
Many thanks fellows.

Shessi,

Thanks for the file, I will install it as you said and see how it is..

Nick

jinx
May 11th, 2013, 10:37
:salute:Shessi.

I d\Did what you said and it is much better.

Thanks.
:jump:

Shessi
May 11th, 2013, 11:54
παρακαλώ!

Shessi