PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ray

Terry
May 9th, 2013, 04:10
Ray Harryhausen passed away yesterday, loved his work as a kid. The last I heard of him Spielberg had hired him for Jurassic Park but in the end CGI won out.

SSI01
May 9th, 2013, 05:09
Yes, his creations were entertaining indeed. His work is everywhere on the web and in film. He, along with Disney, set the standards in animation for others to follow.

arrowmaker
May 9th, 2013, 08:08
I have lost count of how many times I watched Jason and the Argonauts as a child, but it was a LOT. I always thought that the skeleton fight scene was one of the coolest things I had ever seen in a movie. Ray Harryhausen will be sadly missed.

dvj
May 9th, 2013, 08:15
I have lost count of how many times I watched Jason and the Argonauts as a child, but it was a LOT. I always thought that the skeleton fight scene was one of the coolest things I had ever seen in a movie. Ray Harryhausen will be sadly missed.

Ditto!

"The children of the Hydra's teeth"

tommieboy
May 9th, 2013, 16:54
I have lost count of how many times I watched Jason and the Argonauts as a child.....

I'll do you one better......I can't count the times I still watch Jason and the Argonauts (as an adult) when it pops up on cable every now and then.....:mixedsmi:

My wife gives me the "when are you going to grow up" look and walks away......:costum:

Tommy