PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight Eurofighter released!

Ferry_vO
May 9th, 2013, 01:26
News item: http://www.justflight.com/articles/eurofighter-for-fsx-released-10-may-2013

And the product page with more screenshots here: http://www.justflight.com/product/eurofighter-fsx-download

noddy
May 9th, 2013, 08:41
Be good to get a decent one for FSX.

cortomalteseit
May 9th, 2013, 10:23
Thank you very much for this HU!!! I'm waiting a lot this aircraft!!! :salute:

Geomitrak
May 9th, 2013, 11:53
Nice, but I think their Canberra PR.9 will be my first JF purchase.

Sundog
May 9th, 2013, 15:19
If they have the intake lip schedule correct, I'll probably get it. I remember the Alphasim model was incorrect and it used to drive me nuts.

UKMIL
May 10th, 2013, 23:29
I am just downloading it. As a typhoon engineer, it will be getting my full scrutiny
The first thing I noticed, was the RAF colours are just all wrong. So some new skins are being made:salute:

miragecy
May 10th, 2013, 23:41
Not impressed at all with it

Andy

Ferry_vO
May 10th, 2013, 23:52

Why :ques:

Naismith
May 11th, 2013, 00:19
Be good to get a decent one for FSX.
Not always a guarantee with JF though.

bazzar
May 11th, 2013, 00:25

Andy

Thanks. That was well worth six months of our lives then.

daisan
May 11th, 2013, 00:51
I think it lacks of lots of good things:
- Radar?
- HUD modes?
- Weapons?
- Weight loss using weapons?

Anyway it looks great

miragecy
May 11th, 2013, 00:56
Thanks. That was well worth six months of our lives then.

HUD is ruining the experience... It does not have any clarity at all and flight vector is most of the times wrong. It just spoils the whole experience. That's my biggest concern but I'm sure you will find other people in other forums complaining about other things as well. Sorry, but I was excited when I was buying it but I'm not now

Andy

UKMIL
May 11th, 2013, 01:45
the intakes do not operate correctly, and I have no slats moving when they should.

The Canopy opens too far.

UKMIL
May 11th, 2013, 02:08
Does anyone know where the included paintkit is? I cant locate it anywhere:isadizzy:

wombat666
May 11th, 2013, 05:30
HUD is ruining the experience... It does not have any clarity at all and flight vector is most of the times wrong. It just spoils the whole experience. That's my biggest concern but I'm sure you will find other people in other forums complaining about other things as well. Sorry, but I was excited when I was buying it but I'm not now
Andy

I guess you would prefer the AFS or Alphasim/Virtavia offerings?
Nothing is ever perfect, however, this is far better than the alternatives and if one were to make the developers a polite critique of the initial release, via a PM, a remedial update would appear in the near future.
'Version I' of anything (be it software or hardware) usually needs a little fine tuning, but that would mean 'excited' purchasers might need to exercise patience.

:banghead:

cortomalteseit
May 11th, 2013, 06:35
I think that EF-2000, like F-22 or other 5th generation's aircrafts are very difficult to bring into FSX's world.
IMHO JustFlight did a very good job, despite all the difficulties and the lack of documentation; for me this is the best Typhoon available for FSX, nowadays.

IanHenry
May 11th, 2013, 08:15
Well, I like it
Approaching BAE Warton

Regards,
Ian.

DennyA
May 11th, 2013, 10:03
Anyone play EF2000 back in the day? Wow, if only they still made sims like that with modern PC technology...

Scratch
May 11th, 2013, 10:59
Anyone play EF2000 back in the day? Wow, if only they still made sims like that with modern PC technology...

I sure did. One of the most enjoyable sims I've ever played. I've been waiting for a good Eurofighter to come along for FSX. Not sure about this one though. I'll have to see more screenies from folks over here.

DaveWG
May 11th, 2013, 11:14
Still got the discs somewhere. Wonder if it will work on Win 7 ?

Naismith
May 11th, 2013, 11:28
The golden age for us fsimmers, seems there was a program released every few months around then. Not so much any more. I guess we require much more sophistication nowadays.
EF2000 was great. Then came Falcon4, which is still great (with the fixes) and probably the most in depth mil sim to date on PC.

cortomalteseit
May 11th, 2013, 11:46
I sure did. One of the most enjoyable sims I've ever played. I've been waiting for a good Eurofighter to come along for FSX. Not sure about this one though. I'll have to see more screenies from folks over here.

+1! Oh, yeah!

Daube
May 11th, 2013, 12:00

I loved that sim. The plane had a clickable virtual cockpit long before any plane in FS or XPlane :applause:

bazzar
May 11th, 2013, 14:36
A few adjustments have been made to the paintkit so it won't be out, I suspect until next week. The textures are high res so be aware please that the paintkit is extremely detailed but very large.:engel016:

SixGhost
May 11th, 2013, 18:15

I loved EVERYTHING about that sim, even the 300+ pages of manual! Fond memories of acquiring the target and bombing it with laser guided bombs, what a blast!!

Good luck with the release Baz!:salute:

Lionheart
May 11th, 2013, 19:50
Looks nice!

Nothing is ever perfect, however, this is far better than the alternatives and if one were to make the developers a polite critique of the initial release, via a PM, a remedial update would appear in the near future.
'Version I' of anything (be it software or hardware) usually needs a little fine tuning, but that would mean 'excited' purchasers might need to exercise patience.

:banghead:

Yep... Good advice.

A few adjustments have been made to the paintkit so it won't be out, I suspect until next week. The textures are high res so be aware please that the paintkit is extremely detailed but very large.:engel016:

Thanks for the heads up, Baz!

Lionheart
May 11th, 2013, 19:54
Just went to the website and found some pretty nice pics of it.

Shows a working HUD...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7399/8...2781eb0e_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/8729729501_1c47768eb3_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7360/8729729507_a17b36e860_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7411/8730849972_a0ea949b7a_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/8730849978_5d08c130a1_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7421/8729729537_b91fe21b75_c.jpg

StormILM
May 11th, 2013, 23:23
It looks good from this vantage point. Regarding the animations (slats and intake lips), if the movement in this model isn't perfectly matched to the real A/C's movements, it seems that it would be a matter of fine tuning the animations if they are gauge controlled or hard coded? The Afterburner effects to me are similar to the F-111 which when I purchased, I switched out for my own desired effect. But still, the Eurofighter looks on par with the F-111 which is a good model of that type and reason enough for me to place this model on my list to buy in the not too distant future.

GB
May 12th, 2013, 00:13
The Typhoon I've got from Justflight has a very high quality 3D model of the plane and its weapons, a very good flight model, a nice and well functioniong representation of the real VC and hires textures all around. I think that prospective buyers will enjoy flying it in their PC's.

As it happens always and with all, or almost all, products, when a new FSX addon is released there are always a few complaning and distorting reality.

UKMIL
May 12th, 2013, 05:24

all well and good, but the description clearly states a painkit is included in my purchase and it is not! So that is false advertising. You really should not sell something unless it is ready to sell. it's like selling me a TV and telling me the remote control will be coming next week!

Christoph_T
May 12th, 2013, 06:07
Well, the screenshots do look fine, and I would like to have that Typhoon in my Hangar, but there are some "minor" things that disturb me:

- the weapon loadouts are not realistic!
- There should be any options with only one single tank and two missiles, or a ferry version.
In normal daily flights you wont see any military plane with weapons on every station!!
And maybe a modelled Iris-T.
If there would be a way to modify this, I am in again.

- There is no comuniction on the justflight forum with potential customers (me).

- I have bought the 800 xp before and its a bit expensive for my personal view
- The same with the eurofighter! 30 bucks are still 30 bucks.

Cousre of that, I think I have to wait for an update or a better offer.
Lets see what the time will bring to us.

Chrsitoph :salute:

Roger
May 12th, 2013, 09:37
all well and good, but the description clearly states a painkit is included in my purchase and it is not! So that is false advertising. You really should not sell something unless it is ready to sell. it's like selling me a TV and telling me the remote control will be coming next week!

I don't think a short delay to get the paint kit right can be construed as false advertising and unlike a tv lacking a remote there is nothing to stop you flying the aircraft.
Let's limit our discussions here to constructive criticism and leave the rants at home!

miragecy
May 12th, 2013, 12:10
Looks nice!

Originally Posted by wombat666 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=804802#post804802)

Yep... Good advice.

Ok then, I'll wait to see what will be fixed :mixedsmi:

Andy

miragecy
May 12th, 2013, 12:27
As it happens always and with all, or almost all, products, when a new FSX addon is released there are always a few complaning and distorting reality.

Seriously? I have almost all expensive (and not so expensive) add ons from all well known (and some times not so well known) high quality aircraft and scenery creators, and I don't think I'm in the list of past complainers. Of course, I don't post much in various forums, but when an add on interests me, then I'll talk about it if it does not meet my expectations. If I'm disappointed and won't talk about it... well.. then I guess I feel that the people behind it reached their limits.. :mixedsmi:
Having a few people complaining whether be the HUD or paint kit or flight dynamics, does not always mean they distort reality!

Andy

Roger
May 12th, 2013, 14:36
Seriously? I have almost all expensive (and not so expensive) add ons from all well known (and some times not so well known) high quality aircraft and scenery creators, and I don't think I'm in the list of past complainers. Of course, I don't post much in various forums, but when an add on interests me, then I'll talk about it if it does not meet my expectations. If I'm disappointed and won't talk about it... well.. then I guess I feel that the people behind it reached their limits.. :mixedsmi:
Having a few people complaining whether be the HUD or paint kit or flight dynamics, does not always mean they distort reality!

Andy

I think we have to remember that if people with a "not so hidden agenda" knock product then this can undeservedly affect the sales of the product. Some engaging of brain needs to happen before you rubbish a product.

bazzar
May 12th, 2013, 14:40
We have used the official loadout specification layout sheet with diagrams, as our base for the loadout system.
This is produced by the Eurofighter manufacturers themselves and indicates six possible mission loadouts. So if it is unrealistic, I guess you'd bettter tell them.

We produced this model with assistance, guidance and beta testing by real world Eurofighter engineers and RAF personnel. Many,many changes and improvements were made to the original models as a result of their scrutiny and suggestions.

Pretty obviously, no official technical documentation is available on the open market. However, if you have any and wish to risk the wrath of the official secrets people, we'd be delighted to have it before any upgrades/patches are carried out!:engel016:

CG_1976
May 12th, 2013, 17:19
As I am a huge follower of the RAF 9Sq Green Bats and they use the Tornado still, I better pick up this euro Release and gather my Green Bat material and give 9sq a upgrade:icon30:.

Scratch
May 12th, 2013, 18:35
The EF2000 fan in me won out so I got it. Besides the Eurofighter is one sexy bird. Download seems awfully slow though.

Christoph_T
May 12th, 2013, 21:03
We have used the official loadout specification layout sheet with diagrams, as our base for the loadout system.
This is produced by the Eurofighter manufacturers themselves and indicates six possible mission loadouts. So if it is unrealistic, I guess you'd bettter tell them.

We produced this model with assistance, guidance and beta testing by real world Eurofighter engineers and RAF personnel. Many,many changes and improvements were made to the original models as a result of their scrutiny and suggestions.

Pretty obviously, no official technical documentation is available on the open market. However, if you have any and wish to risk the wrath of the official secrets people, we'd be delighted to have it before any upgrades/patches are carried out!:engel016:

Point taken, thanks for reply.
Let me correct the message of my words.
What I want to say is, that you won't see such loadouts on daily training flights.
Neither in the UK nor in Germany or any other country using the Typhoon.
For sure it is possible to put a missile, bomb or fuel-tank on any available position, but how many times have you seen these aircrafts flying like that.
I hope that I could clarify my intention.
But now I know, how you have chosen your collection of possible loadouts!

With regards

Christoph

bazzar
May 12th, 2013, 21:47
Point taken, thanks for reply.
Let me correct the message of my words.
What I want to say is, that you won't see such loadouts on daily training flights.
Neither in the UK nor in Germany or any other country using the Typhoon.
For sure it is possible to put a missile, bomb or fuel-tank on any available position, but how many times have you seen these aircrafts flying like that.
I hope that I could clarify my intention.
But now I know, how you have chosen your collection of possible loadouts!

With regards

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

No worries. It's early days so when we know of any patches or upgrades down the line, you never know what can be added!

Our reference shots show fully loaded aircraft.

Martyn
May 13th, 2013, 00:45
If you haven't already done so, please make sure to send any feedback/bug reports to our support team: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn

Scratch
May 13th, 2013, 16:01
Well I like it a bunch. There are all kinds of different things in the cockpit I haven't seen before. Lots of buttons to mash and knobs to crank that do stuff. The sounds are really well done!:salute:

CG_1976
May 13th, 2013, 18:02
Well I like it a bunch. There are all kinds of different things in the cockpit I haven't seen before. Lots of buttons to mash and knobs to crank that do stuff. The sounds are really well done!:salute:

I have to compliment you:salute: Sempar Fi. The last time I heard mashing of Buttons and knobs was in a USMC Ready Room at Corpus.

dvj
May 13th, 2013, 18:10
Regarding the green HUD. I assume that this represents a green projection onto the HUD and not green glass. Just looking at web images of the pit, the display surface is clear. But there images here and there that show a green projection onto it's surface.

Scratch
May 13th, 2013, 18:13
I have to compliment you:salute: Sempar Fi. The last time I heard mashing of Buttons and knobs was in a USMC Ready Room at Corpus.

Yup, it's a Marine thing. Keep it low tech and concise.

bazzar
May 13th, 2013, 18:54
Thankyou to those who have commented through JF. I should probably point out that the HUD is already undergoing
changes and will be incorporated in the boxed edition and also as part of an upgrade/bugfix patch.

miragecy
May 13th, 2013, 20:44
Thankyou to those who have commented through JF. I should probably point out that the HUD is already undergoing
changes and will be incorporated in the boxed edition and also as part of an upgrade/bugfix patch.

Thanks Bazzar, I'm looking forward to these changes

Andy

OleBoy
May 14th, 2013, 05:07
That's a nicely done model.

JensOle
May 14th, 2013, 06:36
Interesting, the model looks alright, but I also would like to see more realistic weapon variations as used by the user nations.

Most if not all of the pictures you show with a full load of bombs are from weapon trials and not representative of what you would ordinarily see on the Eurofighter. The JF promo shots shows unguided rocket pods, thats something I have never seen on the EF...

Just some thoughts on what looks like to be great model.

wombat666
May 14th, 2013, 07:08
Interesting, the model looks alright, but I also would like to see more realistic weapon variations as used by the user nations.
Most if not all of the pictures you show with a full load of bombs are from weapon trials and not representative of what you would ordinarily see on the Eurofighter. The JF promo shots shows unguided rocket pods, thats something I have never seen on the EF...
Just some thoughts on what looks like to be great model.

I think that the 'Average' purchaser possibly wants an aircraft with every possible weapon loadout, plus the Kitchen Sink and the Chief of Air Staff's medals!!
Just look at some of the weird things under wings we've seen in the past, most of them only used in trials or as a very limited 'Field Modification', or just as an Air Show Static Display piece.
For example, a Harrier GR.7 complete with 3xBL755 - 2xAIM9 Sidewinder - 2xTanks - 2xPaveway II LGB., or (my pet hate!) 'Bazooka Rocket Tube' clusters slung on P47's and P38's, along with assorted AA missiles that simply don't apply to Phantoms and Starfighters, in fact, we could probably fault most 'Military' additions in this way, but I believe this is really part of the package that purchasers expect and a developer needs to cater for the market.
We are (most of us anyway) not enthused about a load of crap spoiling our aircraft, and I'd be very happy to see a plain 'Vanilla' Typhoon wearing a couple if AIM9 launchers and a single belly tank, perhaps that might be incorporated in a forthcoming patch.
:jump:

hschuit
May 14th, 2013, 07:45
Fully agree with JensOLe and Wombat666, I took many pics at RAF Coningsby and most of the time training fits like these is what they use and that is what I like best:

kilo delta
May 14th, 2013, 09:57
Another +1 for alternative real world training loadouts. When I get round to picking up this addon, which I'll definitely be doing regardless of any future updates, I'd prefer if the Welsh farmers don't think that I'm waging a virtual war on them when tearing through the Mach Loop!:icon_lol:

Christoph_T
May 14th, 2013, 10:58
I think that the 'Average' purchaser possibly wants an aircraft with every possible weapon loadout, plus the Kitchen Sink and the Chief of Air Staff's medals!!
Just look at some of the weird things under wings we've seen in the past, most of them only used in trials or as a very limited 'Field Modification', or just as an Air Show Static Display piece.
For example, a Harrier GR.7 complete with 3xBL755 - 2xAIM9 Sidewinder - 2xTanks - 2xPaveway II LGB., or (my pet hate!) 'Bazooka Rocket Tube' clusters slung on P47's and P38's, along with assorted AA missiles that simply don't apply to Phantoms and Starfighters, in fact, we could probably fault most 'Military' additions in this way, but I believe this is really part of the package that purchasers expect and a developer needs to cater for the market.
We are (most of us anyway) not enthused about a load of crap spoiling our aircraft, and I'd be very happy to see a plain 'Vanilla' Typhoon wearing a couple if AIM9 launchers and a single belly tank, perhaps that might be incorporated in a forthcoming patch.
:jump:

Funny to see, that the "loadout"-discussion goes on.
As you might have seen I had mentioned it some posts before, but I don't think that the JF-team wants to share my opinion. Maybe, if some more try to make some advertising for some new loadout-options or a new loadout-system, they might include this in in update.

Nevetheless I am goeing to get this in the near future. It looks so sexy!!

BVR_Corsario
May 14th, 2013, 12:33
Where is the spanish livery? Spain is one of six primary users that use this plane, and one of the four manufacturer of this jet fighter.

noddy
May 14th, 2013, 12:49
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/3827/82725326.jpg

UKMIL
May 14th, 2013, 12:49
creating an aircraft, that allows the end user to select whatever they want as payload is not hard, as many of us developers have done. So it would not be too difficult for JF to follow. The FSX code for custom payloads is very easy

UKMIL
May 14th, 2013, 12:50
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/3827/82725326.jpg

ARGGH those textures are just wrong. THe base colour is not bad, but I have never seen an RAF Typhoon with a different colour nose, and those Sqn markings are simply not up to payware quality. Lets hope I get the paintkit I have paid for soon, so I can fix this:salute:

hairyspin
May 14th, 2013, 12:55
I'm really disappointed there's no option to bolt a kitchen sink under each wing... but in all seriousness has anyone looked at the promotional material at the JF site? I just did and I'm moderately sure a clean option is displayed in the video. :blind: But what do I know, I haven't bought it. Yet.

Baz, that's a really good-looking model, kudos! :applause::applause::applause:

noddy
May 14th, 2013, 13:22
http://imageshack.us/a/img46/4529/ty1g.jpg

Scandinavian
May 14th, 2013, 14:24
Looks like a sweet fighter addon. :) May just have to get it. But sign me up for a loadout upgrade. For a fighter addon to really get high marks in my book you have to be able to customize loadouts.

Scratch
May 14th, 2013, 17:54
And don't forget it has mashable buttons and crankable knobs and sounds like............well, it sounds damn good. Better than most kerosene burners for FSX.

Lionheart
May 15th, 2013, 13:33
I am close to getting this.

Does anyone know if it runs in Prepar3D?

Bill

IanHenry
May 15th, 2013, 13:54
I am close to getting this.

Does anyone know if it runs in Prepar3D?

Bill
Yes, it runs very well, but you will have to move it across yourself.

Ian.

p.s my screen shot was taken in Prepar3D

centuryseries
May 16th, 2013, 03:49
ARGGH those textures are just wrong. THe base colour is not bad, but I have never seen an RAF Typhoon with a different colour nose, and those Sqn markings are simply not up to payware quality. Lets hope I get the paintkit I have paid for soon, so I can fix this:salute:Apart from this one and a host of others I saw my google imaging "Eurofighter":

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/German_eurofighter.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Verteidigungsminister_Karl-Theodor_zu_Guttenberg_-_Eurofighter.jpg

Indeed some of the RAF have a darker nose.....

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2012/2/1/1328106048715/Eurofighter-Typhoon-006.jpg

bazzar
May 16th, 2013, 04:43
The Eurofighter nose is made of different materials to the main fuse so it will kick up a different level of specular in different lights. The RAF ones are having their specular levels toned down though to better simulate the latest schemes and will be incorporated in the next upgrade/patch. Along with a few other "suggestions" made.

dvj
May 16th, 2013, 07:25
Apart from this one and a host of others I saw my google imaging "Eurofighter":

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/German_eurofighter.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Verteidigungsminister_Karl-Theodor_zu_Guttenberg_-_Eurofighter.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2012/2/1/1328106048715/Eurofighter-Typhoon-006.jpg

A man and his Eurofighter. Sure beats a Porsche when you talk about what you drive!

dhazelgrove
May 16th, 2013, 08:11
Caption competition, perhaps?

Dave

vora
May 16th, 2013, 08:50
Caption competition, perhaps?

Dave

LOL, before this gets embarassing you should know that this guy is *not* a pilot but a disgraced politician :icon_lol:
(a former defence minister who left office in disgrace when it came out that he had plagiarized his Ph.D. thesis)

Lawman
May 16th, 2013, 09:05
LOL, before this gets embarassing you should know that this guy is *not* a pilot but a disgraced politician :icon_lol:
(a former defence minister who left office in disgrace when it came out that he had plagiarized his Ph.D. thesis)

In that case:"I designed this thing, you know.":blind:

JIMJAM
May 16th, 2013, 09:07
Not impressed.

SkippyBing
May 16th, 2013, 10:50
Apart from this one and a host of others I saw my google imaging "Eurofighter":

So not an RAF one with a lighter nose then....

Lionheart
May 16th, 2013, 19:20
Yes, it runs very well, but you will have to move it across yourself.

Ian.

p.s my screen shot was taken in Prepar3D

Thanks Ian!

I'll probably get it tomorrow night, my Friday evening weekend present to myself. :)

Lionheart
May 16th, 2013, 19:21
I wish that guy wasnt in the way so I could see the details on that beauty behind him.

Dave Torkington
May 17th, 2013, 05:00
Superb rendition of the Typhoon in my humble opinion :salute:

Looking forward to the update that will no doubt give her a 'spit and polish'...

WarHorse47
June 5th, 2013, 08:38
Just curious. Any sign of an update on this?? Any further remarks or reviews since it's release??

fox18delta
June 5th, 2013, 15:26
Just curious. Any sign of an update on this?? Any further remarks or reviews since it's release??

Just found this review on Rays

http://www.raysaviation.mono.net/upl/9477/EF2000.pdf

Martyn
June 6th, 2013, 00:13
We are just finishing off the service pack for the Eurofighter, so it will be available very soon.

fox18delta
June 6th, 2013, 14:37
We are just finishing off the service pack for the Eurofighter, so it will be available very soon.

Great news, thanks Martyn.

Barnes
June 17th, 2013, 22:29
Ive just bought this and am quite surprised how good it is. Has the paintkit been issued yet - I cant find it!

Martyn
June 18th, 2013, 00:10
Ive just bought this and am quite surprised how good it is. Has the paintkit been issued yet - I cant find it!

Hi Barnes,

Available here - http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/eurofighter-fsx#Update1

Thanks
Martyn

bazzar
June 18th, 2013, 00:35
New things on the way like trainiing loadout and a new HUD.:engel016:

Chris Sykes
June 18th, 2013, 01:02
New things on the way like training loadout and a new HUD.:engel016:

Looking good there Bazzar!

hschuit
June 18th, 2013, 01:37
New things on the way like trainiing loadout and a new HUD.:engel016:

Good to see you added that training fit :salute:

Barnes
June 18th, 2013, 04:25
Hi Barnes,

Available here - http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/eurofighter-fsx#Update1

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks

Martyn
June 18th, 2013, 06:41
Service pack is now available: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/eurofighter-fsx#Update1

cortomalteseit
June 18th, 2013, 07:48
Thank you JustFlight for the Service Pack! :salute:

This update includes the following content:

Training loadout added with 2 ASRAAM (featuring animated radar scanner heads) and single 1000L drop-tank
New HUD that more closely matches real aircraft - switches added to change between fixed and collimated mode, target tracking pipper mode added and ILS bars mode added
HUD projection reflection added and brightness increased
Exterior lighting updated for DX-10 preview mode
Spanish Air Force livery added
RAF liveries now have correctly coloured radomes
Cockpit MFDs now animated when viewed from exterior viewpoint
Saudi script spelling corrected
Austrian Air Force roundels altered and production number added to tail
Virtual cockpit viewpoint adjusted
Reflections added to virtual cockpit perspex
Virtual cockpit nightlighting fixed
HUD FPM logic changed
VOR needle added to WPT page on MFDs
NAV button added to engage navigation hold mode

SkippyBing
June 18th, 2013, 10:29
2 ASRAAM (featuring animated radar scanner heads)

Unusual feature for an IR missile...

swimeye
June 18th, 2013, 12:07
IF I buy it now, will the service back be included or do I have to download the service pack afterwards?

I am really weak for delta wings and this one looks sweet, Just flight has never made me regret the money I have spent on their Aircraft.

noddy
June 18th, 2013, 13:51
http://imageshack.us/a/img809/2533/kjmd.jpg

Barnes
June 18th, 2013, 14:33
Thank you JustFlight for the Service Pack! :salute:

This update includes the following content:

Training loadout added with 2 ASRAAM (featuring animated radar scanner heads) and single 1000L drop-tank
New HUD that more closely matches real aircraft - switches added to change between fixed and collimated mode, target tracking pipper mode added and ILS bars mode added
HUD projection reflection added and brightness increased
Exterior lighting updated for DX-10 preview mode
Spanish Air Force livery added
RAF liveries now have correctly coloured radomes
Cockpit MFDs now animated when viewed from exterior viewpoint
Saudi script spelling corrected
Austrian Air Force roundels altered and production number added to tail
Virtual cockpit viewpoint adjusted
Reflections added to virtual cockpit perspex
Virtual cockpit nightlighting fixed
HUD FPM logic changed
VOR needle added to WPT page on MFDs
NAV button added to engage navigation hold mode

wow thanks all involved for making a good addon - great!

Lionheart
June 18th, 2013, 15:54
Nice looking HUD. Goodness!

Martyn
June 18th, 2013, 23:33
IF I buy it now, will the service back be included or do I have to download the service pack afterwards?

I am really weak for delta wings and this one looks sweet, Just flight has never made me regret the money I have spent on their Aircraft.

Yes the download version has been updated to include the service pack.

Thanks
Martyn

swimeye
June 19th, 2013, 10:32
Yes the download version has been updated to include the service pack.

Thanks
Martyn

Thank you for the answer, bought it today, what a sleek bird =) Very nice first impressions! Great job

IanHenry
August 30th, 2013, 04:36
Hi,
JustFlight have just released an update for the Typhoon:
http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/eurofighter-fsx#Update1

Ian.

flaviossa
August 15th, 2014, 04:11
Eurofighter weekend deal: $12.90 :encouragement:
http://www.justflight.com/product/eurofighter-fsx-download

Got mine!

Dumonceau
August 15th, 2014, 04:25
WOW, with my redeem points I paid a bit less than 4€ for this! Way to go!!!

Dumonceau

fsafranek
August 15th, 2014, 07:15
Saw this one was on sale so started looking for reviews. Not finding much out there I wasn't sure. Don't know why I bothered looking anywhere but here in the first place. This thread gives a good coverage of the initial responses and how Just Flight listened and made it better. At this price I'm all in!
:ernaehrung004:

fsafranek
August 15th, 2014, 07:27
Big dang paint kit to download. So did some browsing while waiting and found a lot of repaints over at simviation.com using the search term "eurofighter" or "typhoon".

Dumonceau
August 15th, 2014, 07:43
Frank,

Did you find a JG-71 repaint??

Dumonceau

Daube
August 15th, 2014, 09:02
Are there any updates for that plane ?
From what I remember (I didn't use it much), mine seemed severely overpowered, like, it could almost keep flying with engines at idle...

fsafranek
August 15th, 2014, 11:18
Frank,

Did you find a JG-71 repaint??

Dumonceau
No "Richthofen" that I could see.

fsafranek
August 15th, 2014, 11:19
From what I remember (I didn't use it much), mine seemed severely overpowered, like, it could almost keep flying with engines at idle...
Looks like there was an update a while after release that really did a lot to improve it. That is now incorporated in the download. You can still download the update -- found it when looking for the paintkit.

It still doesn't want to sit still without the parking brake on and I had to use the air brake to get her to sit down and stay down when landing. I had introduced some flap out of habit on approach so maybe that was more my doing. And there is a lot of leaning when going around corners. From reading this thread from the beginning I don't see that anyone complained about that at the time.

big-mike
August 15th, 2014, 12:42

The same here.
Mike

sleightflight
August 23rd, 2014, 12:02
I also find this aircraft induces micro stutters to my sim when I use it, checking the frame rate it dances all over the place.
No other aircraft I have does this and I have loads of add ons including A2A, VRS, PMDG, Aerosoft to name a few, oddly the JF Canberra demo did as well.

Cleartheprop
August 23rd, 2014, 12:28
Same here.
A pity the FDE is so bad for a very nice aircraft and exterior model BTW.
Unusable add-on.

dhazelgrove
August 23rd, 2014, 15:05
There's a very good suggestion here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?89148-AH-Typhoon-speed-issue) that really makes a difference to this item.

Dave