PDA

View Full Version : Miss Haley saw the vet today...not good news

Daveroo
May 6th, 2013, 18:31
i may be just looking at the worst case scenario,but took Haley to the vet today...he checked her out..at first said he thought she was fine,weight is fine,temp is fine,her heart sounded fine,breathing was fine,lungs sounded clean and healthy ,which i was worried about because she wheezes at times,he said that is most likely allergies or sinus as her lungs sounded open and clear..the vision he feels is not a full blindness which is what ive been thinking..she seems to be able to see in high light situations..but cant see a thing in low light levels..so he went ahead and took her back for a grooming..i went out front and just a few minues later he came out with a concerned look on his face and asked me if she had been injured or in a cat fight or anything lately.not that i know of.but she does go out and sometimes i lose sight of her..but she comes back.well she has a sore on her right rear quarter panel, or leg..and her limph node is swollen...he says there are no others swollen..and with every thing else seemingly ok...it could well be an infection,so they gave her a $54.00 USD antibotic injection,and sent her home.....now its a wait and see thing..$130.00 for a blood panel..cant do it...he said if it is a tumor..could be a week or a month..or a year....if its just an infection...she will be fine...

i know its just a cat....but damn it..shes my best buddy...

Typhoon Willy
May 6th, 2013, 22:55
Hi Daveroo,

Sorry to hear about Miss Haley, but let's face it, they're never "just a cat" or "just a dog." Our furry friends are just as part of our families as a human and when we lose a pet it hurts like hell. Hopefully she'll be around for a while longer.

Kind regards,

TW

Navy Chief
May 7th, 2013, 01:57
am hoping for the best for Miss Haley. She's definitely not just a cat, as she is your best friend! Pete

Quicksand
May 7th, 2013, 03:09
Daveroo, I am praying it's not serious. I know how you are feeling. They become close to our hearts, in ways closer than our kids. They truly are buddies. My girl and I have two that are siblings, a boy and a girl, now six months old. They have brought so much happiness to our house. They always seem to brighten even the darkest days....

Odie
May 7th, 2013, 09:00
Chin up, Dave! Let her know she's loved, it'll help more than you know for both you and her. Never "just a cat, dog, critter"; they find their way into our lives and soon they are
part of our family and always in our hearts. I'm told that owners don't choose their cats, their cats choose them. I know that's true in my case. Will keep both of you in our
thoughts.

Daveroo
May 7th, 2013, 10:22
thanks for the thoughts guys...weve had a good morning..she laid on the desk in front of me and purred..she just left and went to bed.yeah i didnt mean "just a cat" the way it shows..Haley is everything to me...when i got injured,and stopped drinking..i wasnt a lush..but i went a a place called the Shanghai restaurant and bar,old town auburn.( the movie Phenomenon was filmed in old town,and the inside bar scenes were filmed in the bar,the big scene where he breaks the big mirror behind the back bar,that mirror was a exact replica of the real mirror of the one that was there)...i even drank coffee with travolta during filming..sat and talked for a little over two hours while the owner Herb and the movies director argued..hes a nice guy no mater what his religion is..we talked airplanes and cars..was a nice time..

back to my point..lol...all my friends abandoned me because i could no longer leave the house to party/go to the track/go camping..ect..but haley was with me allways...even family members gave up on me..but haley was allways next to me purring...and im not going to abandon her until its over...
i took a good look at the "thing" on her leg this morning..and its twice as big today as it was yesterday....i fear it wont be long as the vet said...but ill make her time left the best it can be..

HouseHobbit
May 7th, 2013, 10:35
I hope your beautiful Miss Haley recovers.
I do understand. I have had my Katastrophe for 15 years and she has become family..
I will hold you both in my prayers..
:engel016:

Gdavis101
May 7th, 2013, 12:49
Sometimes you wish that they could just tell us what they are feeling huh? Its hard to watch them, knowing that something might be wrong but you just have to hope for the best. They are our best friends and there are a lot of people that do not see it that way and can't seem to understand the way we feel about our pets.. Daveroo, my Buddy Bo that I posted about 2 weeks ago, was diagnosed with melanoma cancer almost 2 years ago, vet told me at the time he only had about 3-6 weeks left and he ended up living a rather healthy 2 years before it got the best of him. There is always hope and to be honest no one really knows, but still sad nonetheless.

SSI01
May 7th, 2013, 21:10
I am thinking about you and your situation. How true that animal friends are far more loyal than ANY fickle human could ever be, their love (animals) is complete and unconditional and no self-interest is involved. No matter how long you are gone, even just a few minutes, your return is the occasion for a one-dog ticker-tape parade in your honor. A cat's affection is more low-key but just as deeply felt on the animal's part. We have two cats here (litter-mates) plus one dog that's caused a hell of a row in the wife's family - nuts to them - and I am extremely attached to them all (the pets, not the family!), and in many respects prefer their company to that of most people I know. How nice to have three beings around me with no ulterior motives to their actions, or some hidden agenda to fulfill. Will Rogers said it best - "When I die, I want to go where dogs go." I think you could say the same for cats as well. As has been said, the vet may be way off on his prediction; here's hoping you've got much longer with your friend than anyone has so far predicted.:salute:

Daveroo
May 8th, 2013, 08:26
again thanks to all whove send their well whishes..as far as the ticker tape reception upon returning home...for yours i swore Haley could tell time,for as i came into the RV at 6pm there she would be on the arm of the recliner,facing the door,as soon as she could see me..she would begin "talking " to me..and before i could get all the way up the steps,she would be under foot....the sound was "meow,meow meow"..but i heard.."hey dad,what'd ya do today dad?.i been waitin for you,im bored daddy,lets play k?"...and she would allways bring me her catnip mouse..and we would play catch....well as well as you can with a cat....i throw it over by the tv.....she looks at me as if...."what the heck you do that for?" then she would run over grab it..roll around a bit..then bring it back in her mouth and drop it somewhere near me....if it was within 3 feet it was a "good return"...lol..i love her...:icon_lol:

browngib
May 8th, 2013, 09:10
My Sheltie of 8 years was struck by a pickup truck and killed instantly on Friday, April 26 when she ran into the access road at our vacation home. She loved unconditionally which friends and relatives do not do. You have every reason to love her, worry about her and be concerned.

God Bless and Best Regards,

86495 Sandi

Hooligan56

Daveroo
May 8th, 2013, 13:50
My Sheltie of 8 years was struck by a pickup truck and killed instantly on Friday, April 26 when she ran into the access road at our vacation home. She loved unconditionally which friends and relatives do not do. You have every reason to love her, worry about her and be concerned.

God Bless and Best Regards,

86495 Sandi

Hooligan56

oh man,thats such a shame..so sorry that happened..she was such a pretty girl.my heart felt condolences to you and your family..

Gdavis101
May 8th, 2013, 22:11
Sorry for your loss Browngib...