PDA

View Full Version : Mission Builder screen

jinx
May 6th, 2013, 05:00
Thanks to Talon, I now have a mission builder for my WWI Aerocrate instal.

I decided to make a start screen for it and I am attaching the image.

I may need permission for both the painting and the Aerocrate logo I have used here. If I get permissions, I will upload them.

Any suggestions on color of lettering and other kinds of logos or heading for the top in letters are welcome.

Nick

Jagdflieger
May 6th, 2013, 07:44
Gee Nick. There's no end to your talents!

I always like to personalize my CFS 2 installations with shots like these. I often make my own to fit the install much as you have done here.

jinx
May 6th, 2013, 08:30
Thanks Jagdflieger.

Looks like we are alike in that manner. Your name in German mean Fighter flyer. Do you fly German planes only?

Nick

Finn
May 6th, 2013, 09:22
That's one awsome looking screen, but I would ask you also to upload your best resulting missions. We have far too few WW1 missions and campaigns, and could easily use much much more.
And thanks for sharing :salute:
Finn

Jagdflieger
May 6th, 2013, 11:23
Nick,

Back in the CFS 1 days with the ETO theater as the base campaign, it seemed like a good nom de sim. Now with so much here linked to it and having used it from day one here at the Outhouse, I've kept it for simplicity's sake.

As far as planes go, I really like the Korean War era straight-wing-jet fighters and the later piston engined attack planes like the Skyraider. That's probably because I saw the last of them while growing up and of course seeing the Skyraider in action in VN.

Over the years I've had a great deal of fun with the Great War in CFS 2. It's easy to make airfields on fields in this era by just using the Mission Builder and saving everything as a GSL or Layout file.

Here's a few allied aerodromes.

jinx
May 7th, 2013, 13:04
:salute:

Thank you fellows,

Finn, I will certainly pload some WWI missions, simple ones at first, as I had not used the Mission Builder for many years.
I also have, stored on disc, some Beaufighter missions chasing a Ju-88 Night Fighter at night, that I had made once after reading a Book on Cat's Eyes Cunningham, taking off from Manston and chasing at dark, as per the book by his navigator, Rawlings. I had also made Barracude toproedo attack missions and I am remaking one now. I wonder if Manston has been done by anyone as extra scenery.
So Far, onely one mission for wwI is almost ready, a Niueport chasing a a German bbiplane and hitting a German patrol boat. This is in the pacficif theater area, off Henderson, but I made it to remember the MB, as per Cody Coyote says in his tutorial,

Jagdflieger:
I remember your user name from many years back. I used to upload profiles of various aircraft and you always replied with nice comments. The screenshots look great. Can I download those aerodromes from anywhere? I would love to have them.

In an effort to clean out my drives I got rid of 60 gb of useless stuff and transferred some to dvd discs but in the process I deleted my LAN connection :isadizzy:and had no internet all day. Juts got it fixed 5 minute ago. Detoxication for 12 hours or so.:jump:

Cheers

Nick

Rami
May 7th, 2013, 14:11
Jinx,

Yes, Achim27619 made Manston, although the original airfield in CFS1 is misplaced. In CFS2, RAF Manston is called "Ramsgate."

Blood_Hawk23
May 8th, 2013, 05:58
Jinx,

Would you be interested in testing a few missions?

I'm doing my Belgian Campaign. I have 2 that are finished and one almost. and about 3 others in various stages.

I'll have my scenery finished this week. once that is done I can send it to you.

Have you tried my current Mission for WWI.

Most of it is here:

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/WW1_CFS2.htm

Its also at Sim. I have more at LWDesigns. I hope to get in on the Aerocrates site once Oldwheat is ready.

jinx
May 8th, 2013, 07:31
Blood_Hawk,

By all means, and please send me the necessary files. You have my email address.
I am going to England for 9 days, from May 25th to June 3rd, so I think I can test it before I leave, but send as soon as possible, so I can finish testing it in the next 10 days or so.

I am emailing you the older version of Cody's MISSION BUILDING TUTORIAL, as that is a word file and it suits me as I go through the steps.
What I do is I color the letters a different color through each individual section I finish doing (the various steps of the tutorial) and I save that with a slightly different file name and restart using that, and when I open it I know the colored sections (purple, blue, green, brown, red alternating at whatever order seems suitable) have been done and start from the next black section. That helps locate where I stopped and where to continue next.

I even think one can color code the steps in the doc text, say red for triggers, purple for events, blue for other actions, etc, etc...

Thanks

Nick