PDA

View Full Version : AeroCrate Nieuport 17 RFC needed-where?

jinx
May 3rd, 2013, 18:01
I am installing Aerocrate's 1916 WWI campaign and I have found all the a/c for it except one:

the AeroCrate Nieuport 17 RFC

He says it is needed for sound aliasing to the other Nieuports.

Does anyone know where I can find it please?

I have looked at his site and could not find it.
:isadizzy:
Thanks....

Blood_Hawk23
May 3rd, 2013, 19:05
Its in the British planes.

RFC=Royal Flying Corps

Its called Nieuport 17 Lewis on the download page.

http://aerocrate.com/documents/Nieup_17L.zip

jinx
May 3rd, 2013, 23:44
Blood Hawk,
I had that and redownloaded it. It has no sound folder of its own. It only has an aliasing file.
It may have had a sound folder i the past that has been changed.
If you know this guy, please tell him.

Nick

oldwheat
May 4th, 2013, 19:29
Jinx- The sound file is in the Nieuport 17 folder in the British section. I am in the process of trying to update the Aerocrate site but having some medical & personal problems just now standing in my way ( Plus I'm still trying to get a better handle on html to hopefully avoid any major screw-ups :icon_lol:) ..

jinx
May 5th, 2013, 00:22
Oldwheat,

Thanks from the the information.
I assume from what you write that the creator of the Aerocrate campaign and most of the items on the site is you. Is that right?

I hope you get over those problems fast....I know they can be very distracting at times.

Thanks again

Nick

Blood_Hawk23
May 5th, 2013, 03:18
Jinx,
Gary Aumaugher would be the person your referring to. OldWheat is one of the original members I believe.

The sound is in the French Nieuport 17. Not the French Nieuport 17LV but the other one.

http://aerocrate.com/documents/Nieup_17.zip

OW,
If I can help you with the site let me know. take it easy and I pray all is well. LW is down again so we don't need you down too.

jinx
May 5th, 2013, 04:11
:salute: Thanks Blood Hawk.

I am having another problem with an error stating I do not have right Be-2c aircraft. I will check what it says and let you know.

Seems to me the maker of all this Campaign, Gary, has left it unfinished and with bugs in the downloads etc...

Maybe he got bored with it.

I have made a new "copied" install for this campaign alone and removed all the default a/c except the Wildcat.

Thanks for the help

expect an email

Nick

Robert John
May 5th, 2013, 07:44
Hi jinx,
Putting together installs and addons are not as easy as it first seems, I have had to redo many installs myself.
I produce a magazine, you may have seen it, well in issue7 I have stated if you make a voluntary payment I will email a paid content part of this magazine, I have produce a way of setting up your downloads and turn them in to an installer upgrader and restore to default,also with a html interface,you will need to know about editing bat files (just changing drives and paths)

I enjoy cfs2 very much and produce alot of free models etc for the community,

To produce this set up also took alot of hours and will save members of the community a lot of hours in the future.
Please note the screenshot, explanation in paid content magazine.
Robert John

jinx
May 5th, 2013, 09:54
Thanks John,

I fixed the problem by looking closer at the file. Within the a/c folder Be-2C I had a 2nd a/c folder with the same name, so the a/c did not show as the sim could not find it....
I moved that out and no error message right now. One has to look twice at the folder contents with messages like this. It was a simple problem after all, and not Gary's fault. My apologies, then.

Thanks again.

oldwheat
May 5th, 2013, 18:04
Jinx,
Gary Aumaugher would be the person your referring to. OldWheat is one of the original members I believe.

The sound is in the French Nieuport 17. Not the French Nieuport 17LV but the other one.

http://aerocrate.com/documents/Nieup_17.zip

OW,
If I can help you with the site let me know. take it easy and I pray all is well. LW is down again so we don't need you down too.

Yes, Gary A asked me a few months ago if I would be willing to accept the task of bringing the Aerocrate site up to speed. I volunteered to do so so naturally everything seemed go whacko in my personal situation all at once. I will get up to speed eventually with any luck at all. Thanks for the offer BH, I'll keep you posted.

kelticheart
May 6th, 2013, 01:32
Thanks John,

I fixed the problem by looking closer at the file. Within the a/c folder Be-2C I had a 2nd a/c folder with the same name, so the a/c did not show as the sim could not find it....
I moved that out and no error message right now. One has to look twice at the folder contents with messages like this. It was a simple problem after all, and not Gary's fault. My apologies, then.

Thanks again.

Hi Jinx,

you could resolove any problem related to sound aliasing by creating a dedicated sound folder inside CFS2 root folder and have all of your aircrafts aliased to one or another individual sound folder. I organised all of my CFS2 installs as follows:

.../Combat Flight Simulator 2/WWII_engine_sounds/Rolls_Royce_Merlin60
/Daimler_Benz_DB605

/Pratt&Whitney_Double_Wasp

/etc....

or

.../Combat Flight Simulator 2/WWI_engine_sounds/Early_rotary
/Jenny _inline

/Mercedes_inline

/Late_rotary

/etc...

Then you point at anyone of the sound folders within each of your aircraft sound.cfg as follows:

[fltsim]
alias=WWI_engine_sounds/Early_rotary

or

[fltsim]
alias=WWI_engine_sounds/Mercedes_inline

and so on.

This way of organising sound folders not only allows an easier troubleshooting in case of "no-show" aircrafts, but it provides better CFS2 overall performance. This method can also be applied to 2d panels aliasing with the same results. As long as your aircrafts show up in Free Flight, you will not have any trouble with missions and/or campaigns.

I recently downloaded all of Aerocrate's addons necessary to setup a WWI CFS2 install and I found sound packs, specific for either rotary or inline WWI-era engines, included in several of Aerocrate's aircrafts. When I archived them, I extracted the sound files from the aircraft addons and made individual sound packs out of each one of them. I then stored the aircraft addons with an aliased sound.cfg already.

You will also find good soundpacks in Stuart Green's WWI addons over at his website.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

jinx
May 6th, 2013, 01:51
:salute:

Thank you Kelticheart.

In fact I have been doing that for all sims for many years--since 2002. I have made 2 folders for panels and sounds, one named 'p" for the civil sims in my E drive and a second one named "ps" for cfs2 install (within the a/c folder of cfs2 in C drive, this one) and I have both panels and sounds in those two and alias to those very often. It saves a tremendous amount of space. I have this system working in fs2002 pro, fs9, cfs2 proper, and fsx and I can also use it for my cfs2 Aerocrate individual\separate sim folder, if I want to--created a few days ago.

An example for my fs9 A-4 Skyhawk jet is:

fltsim]
alias=E:\p\sa4fsx

;; alter\sndf14 \\sa4fsx \\sfa18

Note that the ;;;-commented-out line shows alternative sounds I can use within the folder p. All I do then is copy one of those, e.g. sfa18 (sound for FA-18 Hornet) and pasted it to the top line.
:jump:Also, all my sound folder names begin with s or snd. And none of the panel folder names begin with those same letters. For example, I have 4 panel folders for the Spitfire and they are named pspit1, pspit2, etc... For the F-14, they are named f14a, f14b, f14c, etc.. I keep to small letters and do not use capitals to make typing quicker.

Not difficult to do and most useful. That said, a lot of people are afraid to do this sort of thing or cannot understand it. I have been trying to get an 83-year-old Englishman to do this for years, no success. I am going to visit him on the 25th of March (soon) for 9 days and if he lets me, I will do it for him--though I doubt it.
He is a man I help with (with the sims) and we met through the net and have been exchanging emails to the tune of 2-4 per day for over 5 years now and
I have never seen him or met him, so I thought to go meet him before he passes away. His name is Barrie Larke, a retired mechanical engineer. He has made two sceneries you can download at flightsim.com...That is why we exchanged our first emails. He lives in the middle of the countryside in Shropshire, with foxes and pheasants running around at times, and for a megacity person like me (Athens, Greece) that will be some big change. Wife is 84 and they also have 4 children and many grandchildren and a cat. Curiously, his chidren do not much communicate with him and he relies on me for morale and I help as best I can in that field....

Thanks again

:salute:Nick