PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Customer Support

OleBoy
May 3rd, 2013, 09:18
I thought this to be a nice gesture, as/to my experience with both Logitech products, and their support to any issues that arise.

I've been a consumer of Logitech products for many years. The fit and finish of their products in general have been appealing, and comfortable for my needs, and the longevity of the components used within the products, of good quality with years of satisfied use. Occasionally there have been issues arise with a product I have purchased, and Logitech has always made well based on length of use and warranty time.

While modeling, and recently I have been having issues with "left click" button on my mouse. The action for rotate will jump off the part and onto another. Causing havoc and making my work flow very frustrating. My not being able to find the receipt to return the mouse to Best Buy where it was purchased, I took the mouse apart to clean out any fuzz that had accumulated. Of which, my doing so VOIDS the warranty immediately. There was quite a bit of fuzz inside and around that I'd cleaned out. I figured this to be the trouble to the issues I was having. Upon re-assembly of the mouse and testing, this time cleaning out the fuzz was not the issue. The left-click button is obviously the problem.

I was now destined to purchase a new mouse due to the need, and voiding the warranty by removing the screws under the strategically placed pads on the bottom of the mouse.
Considering the mouse cost $60.00 and the fact that I can not afford a replacement of the same kind (laser optics), my intentions were to buy a cheap (get me by) unit.

Today I decided to call Logitech about the troubles I am having. The whole experience was very gratifying from the time the tech took my call. He had me do a few tests, and give him some numbers. Come to find out that the mouse I had purchased had a 3-year warranty, and there is a new one (no charge) on it's way.

Logitech has been very upstanding, and I will continue to be a consumer of their products. :medals:

Navy Chief
May 3rd, 2013, 10:14
It's always nice to read positive reports about a company's customer service. Most of the time, the opposite is the case!

In addition, such things can be the deciding factor whether to purchase a product from one company or another!

NC

Willy
May 3rd, 2013, 11:52
I've used a Logitech rollerball for years and swear by 'em. The current one is about 5 years old and going strong.

arfyhun
May 3rd, 2013, 13:03
Given I cannot tell you the name of the card I'm using on the PC which my son has left me as a gift, (though I bought it for him 14 years ago); I'm sure all the gentlemen and ladies who make graphics cards must be 'work'n their nuts orf', as a Londorner would say, to make them the best they can. So I'm sure, in all the worlds great envelopment, I'm clueless!

Trust everyone, believe in nobody!

Graham.

Sorry. Second thoughts.

Daveroo
May 3rd, 2013, 14:11
this just reminds me that when i call to talk to someone on the phone,be it att,dell,radio shack..or who ever i allways make sure i hear the name,.then be sure to say in a freindly tone..even if im totally mad..hello (name of person) how are you today?..sometimes it will make them stop in their tracks and listen to you...if it becomes tense at all ,i will make a joke or some silly coment to diffuse it some ..and 9 out of 10 times..i "win"...either with getting what i want..or a refund,new parts..something..or some sort of satisfaction...my sister and my niece do the phone calls for theyre husbands and they yell and are full of attitude..and never get anywhere.....i spent more than half my life in stressfull situaions,alot of which ive talked about here..and ive decided..none of its worth it...

TARPSBird
May 3rd, 2013, 14:22
I had a good experience with Logitech tech support some years ago when my Wingman joystick's rudder and throttle controls went stupid. Phone rep walked me through all the troubleshooting steps with no success, they sent me a brand new replacement stick and I didn't have to ship back the dead one. Doesn't get any better than that.

hurricane3
May 4th, 2013, 06:49
I had an issues with both my CH F-16 Fighter stick and throttle Ouad and though both are at least ten years old ,customer support talked me through the issues and fixed both problems.
Very pleased with CH products customer support.

TeaSea
May 4th, 2013, 07:53
You know, I do like Logitech products, but I must say do not like my new Logitech mouse. Just can't get it adjusted the way I like. My daughter is going to inherit it.

rvn817j
May 4th, 2013, 18:15
Most of the stuff from Logitech is great. The only product I have an issue with is the most expensive Logitech product I have. That product needs more support. I think the product number is G940. I like it and I don't like - I hope I'm making sense??