PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new aircraft...

Mach3DS
May 1st, 2013, 05:11
Any Recommendations? I'm considering the Just Flight 146-200/300 or the Majestic Q400...Anyone have experience there? I'm also considering the PC-21, just because I've always liked that aircraft. Really, I just can't make up my mind. Also, I'm debating just holding out...if I do, what do you think I should hold out for?

I prefer military, but I also like GA and smaller commercial. What would you purchase? The only criteria, I'm not too interested in Tubeliners larger than 737. But military cargo, yes, I could be swayed ;)

Let's hear your ideas!

Javis
May 1st, 2013, 06:01
Nothing is easier today : Majestic Q400.

The JF QW 146 series is superb so you might want to get that too but the Majestic Q400 is a little wonder. Believe me, you'll see.

Get it, you won't regret it!

cheers,
jan

dhazelgrove
May 1st, 2013, 07:26
Military?

The SimSkunkWorks F-104.

Dave

dvj
May 1st, 2013, 07:34
Some recent favs of mine..........

Military : Warbirdsim P51's or A2A Spit
: IRIS PC-21

Commercial: Majestic Q400

General Aviation: Lionheart Piper Pacer

Out of these, I'd probably pick the PC-21 to start.

jeansy
May 1st, 2013, 07:43
Majestic then the QW 146 over the JF 146

i will never touch iris again

Mach3DS
May 1st, 2013, 07:59
**EDIT**....scratch that.... LOL.....I'm still all ears! :D

Thanks to those who have posted! I'm trying to narrow it down...so many great additions from some very talented devs out there!

clmooring
May 1st, 2013, 08:41
the Trojan t-28 is a no brainer for me based on my earlier purchase from Ants.

The tbm-850 is another one for me as long as the price doesn't go crazy and frame rate reports are not too bad. I really like the looks of it and it is a fast turbo prop. could be a for hire commuter.

The pc-21 would wonderful, but I only have so many dollars to spend at a time.... of course it would provide both military trainer and fast turbo prop in one go. :ques: what to buy? :isadizzy:

I already have the wonderful tri-pacer, RA legacy and A2A civilian mustang.... really why do I keep buying? I guess because I they are all such great products.

gman5250
May 1st, 2013, 10:14
I've got the earlier MJ D8 Q3 and must say that it's an impressive platform. The new big brother is an automatic buy for me. (IMHO Majestic should offer a discount to those who have already spent 45$ with them. My total investment will be a C note to have a true FSX native Dash 8.:isadizzy:)

That being said the BAE 146 is a must. If you like the challenge of flying minus Vnav it's great. Descending from 30k and hitting your marks at altitude requires doing the math. Keeps you sharp.

If it were me, I'd go with the new MJ D8 Q4 first, then the 146 as soon as you can. You only live once.

skyhawka4m
May 1st, 2013, 10:49
the Trojan t-28 is a no brainer for me based on my earlier purchase from Ants.

This is out???

Anneke
May 1st, 2013, 10:54
Just checked and no :pop4:

MenendezDiego
May 1st, 2013, 11:40
How about this baby:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5502/188bskinn5851g1.jpg

I don't have it myself, but it's very tempting!

Mach3DS
May 1st, 2013, 11:56
Diego, awesome! I've been eying the Ag Truck for a while...great aircraft in RL as well!

Mach3DS
May 1st, 2013, 12:05
Quality Wings 146/RJ Vs. Just Flight 146?

Is the QW 146/RJ an FS9 redux for FSX or is it native and new product for FSX?

JF 146, Seems like it's native for FSX?

jetstreamsky
May 1st, 2013, 12:10
Both are FSX native

Dougie
May 1st, 2013, 14:05
Lotussim L39
IRIS A10
anything aerosoft

loeads more but theyre my favourite

Python231
May 1st, 2013, 15:16
i will never touch iris again

LOL :173go1:

Python231
May 1st, 2013, 15:20
Lotussim L39
IRIS A10
anything aerosoft

loeads more but theyre my favourite

The L-39 is simplistic but a lot of fun to fly, I fly it a lot in formation with friends :monkies:

clmooring
May 1st, 2013, 15:44
This is out???

Nope I dont think the t-28 is out yet. I meant it is no brainer when it released. I bought the little sport plane and loved it... still do. So based on that purchase and his freeware bi-plane, I definately plan to buy the t-28.

Javis
May 1st, 2013, 17:06
Quality Wings 146/RJ Vs. Just Flight 146?

Is the QW 146/RJ an FS9 redux for FSX or is it native and new product for FSX?

JF 146, Seems like it's native for FSX?

Both Flight1 and Just Flight sell the QW 146/RJ. Same thing. QW first developed it for FS9 (very nice too) several months later the native FSX version was released. You can buy either the FS9 or FSX version or both together. IMHO it's QW's best sofar.

jeansy
May 1st, 2013, 18:56
Both Flight1 and Just Flight sell the QW 146/RJ. Same thing. QW first developed it for FS9 (very nice too) several months later the native FSX version was released. You can buy either the FS9 or FSX version or both together. IMHO it's QW's best sofar.

After having both 146s, the QW IMHO is the better one, it has a working FMC both V and L NAV and more systems, I also found i had a better FPS outcome with it

Sadly I returned the JF after I found its limitations, I havent looked back on the QW, The second half of the QW package is nearing release at no extra cost

Mach3DS
May 2nd, 2013, 08:37
Well, I think I've narrowed it down to 3.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I won't be making the purchase quite yet, so feel free to continue with any ideas you think I should be aware of... Nothing's set in stone! :D

FentiFlier1
May 2nd, 2013, 09:49
You might want to take into account the fact the A2A C172 is for soon... It will certainly cost a penny or two.

Personally I've been holding off purchases for months now. Looking forward to stuff from Flight Replicas, Warbirdsim, Ant and A2A (maybe, not sure yet).

Happy shopping!

cortomalteseit
May 2nd, 2013, 10:14
I suggest you SSW F-104/G - S - ASA, or the AV-8B, if you prefer something more "naval"!!!

Javis
May 2nd, 2013, 17:14
After having both 146s, the QW IMHO is the better one, it has a working FMC both V and L NAV and more systems, I also found i had a better FPS outcome with it.
Sadly I returned the JF after I found its limitations, I havent looked back on the QW, The second half of the QW package is nearing release at no extra cost

Flight1 offers the QW 146 as 'The Ultimate 146 Collection' which includes the FMC and further enhancements. Just Flight offers the same QW 146 as '146-200/300 Jetliner' at a lower price compared to the Flight1 package but with an option to buy additional packs that add the FMC, more systems, liveries and freight version. It's a bit confusing but there's really only ONE native FSX 146 model on the market today and that's the one being developed by QW.

QW does a marvelous job with their 146 series but one could add a question mark to the way it is published. TWO publishers of which one makes it perfectly clear that the model is developed by Quality Wings while the other publisher chooses to keep the customer in the dark about that...

Maybe one day these two FS add-on publishers will merge together. "Just Flight1" , would make it a lot easier for the customer. :costum:

cheers,
jan

Barfly
May 2nd, 2013, 17:33
For sure you already have the Milviz F-86 :), so I'd agree with the other posters on the SSW F-104 and / or Harrier - both excellent.

Kiwikat
May 2nd, 2013, 17:38
The Q400 is amazing. It is in a completely different class than any of the other addons mentioned in the thread. It is also more expensive than everything else that was mentioned...

You get what you pay for! :mixedsmi:

The QW BAE-146 is on the short list of my favorite FSX addons, but the Q400 is just in a completely different league.

Ian Warren
May 2nd, 2013, 18:00
SeanTK just gave us a nudge nudge over at NZFF about the incoming AN2 , as yet i own a Sibwings model yet but from what i heard across the community about the design groups previous aircraft - this is going to be a real hum-dinger and suit me more lets getting away from the more regular GA types .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DaveWG
May 2nd, 2013, 22:05
Flight1 offers the QW 146 as 'The Ultimate 146 Collection' which includes the FMC and further enhancements. Just Flight offers the same QW 146 as '146-200/300 Jetliner' at a lower price compared to the Flight1 package but with an option to buy additional packs that add the FMC, more systems, liveries and freight version. It's a bit confusing but there's really only ONE native FSX 146 model on the market today and that's the one being developed by QW.

QW does a marvelous job with their 146 series but one could add a question mark to the way it is published. TWO publishers of which one makes it perfectly clear that the model is developed by Quality Wings while the other publisher chooses to keep the customer in the dark about that...

Maybe one day these two FS add-on publishers will merge together. "Just Flight1" , would make it a lot easier for the customer. :costum:

cheers,
jan

Just to clarify, the QW 146 as sold via Flight1 and the Just Flight 146 are completly different models by different devs, not related in any way.

dhasdell
May 3rd, 2013, 04:51
If it's not too late, a look at Just Flight's page might help - they are having a sale this weekend.

http://www.justflight.com/

Ferry_vO
May 3rd, 2013, 05:28
It's a bit confusing but there's really only ONE native FSX 146 model on the market today and that's the one being developed by QW.

The Flight1 Bae-146 is the Quality wings model, but the Just Flight version was made by CLS: https://www.commerciallevel.com/webshop.php?actie=pshow&pid=118&groep=20

Apparently the QWF1 version is the better but more expensive version, but the JF/CLS version is on sale this weekend......

Dougie
May 3rd, 2013, 05:59
The L-39 is simplistic but a lot of fun to fly, I fly it a lot in formation with friends :monkies:
Me and a few mates are starting formations this week in the l39, if you want to join in send me a pm and ill give you the details

Mach3DS
May 3rd, 2013, 08:16
After all the positive response, and really just a plain headache....really I mean that (there are so many great devs out there with fabulous products) I settled on the Majestic Q400.

I've not used the PMDG aircraft, however I can imagine that this either sets a benchmark in civil aviation and FSX development. I'm very impressed! I especially like that you can tune your throttle for each detent position real time. Very handy! I chose this addon, after much thought, because it would have been the aircraft I had flown had I not taken my current employment. (Well the -300 actually.... ;) but since I've always loved the newest q400 version, I'll take it!.. who's counting anyway!)

@gman, as for the QW146/RJ, I still plan on it. I completely agree with your assessment!

I also still would like the L39 as well -- I have a friend who is wanting to get back into FS, and the dual training pit and framerate friendliness seems like a good match up.

Thankyou all...the input was greatly appreciated. :)

Javis
May 3rd, 2013, 09:29
Just to clarify, the QW 146 as sold via Flight1 and the Just Flight 146 are completly different models by different devs, not related in any way.

The Flight1 Bae-146 is the Quality wings model, but the Just Flight version was made by CLS: https://www.commerciallevel.com/webshop.php?actie=pshow&pid=118&groep=20

Apparently the QWF1 version is the better but more expensive version, but the JF/CLS version is on sale this weekend......

Sjeeezzz, really ??... Better stand in the corner then and put on my dunce hat... :blind:

I bought the JF 146 when it was released. Couldn't believe another dev would release the same aircraft in just about the same quality.Kudos to CLS then. As a punishment for my stupidity i'll now purchase the Flight1/QW 146 as well.

Thanks Dave and Ferry for setting me straight. :redface:

I will now go play outside. :sheep: