PDA

View Full Version : airforce "call signs"?

Daveroo
April 30th, 2013, 14:30
hearing "stalkers" and "cougars"...i know the cougars are the MC-12W liberties that are based at Beale AFB,these Stalkers are also flying out of Beale....would the "Stalkers" and "Cougars" just be the "groups" name?...like on aircraft carriers..the aircraft allways have groups of planes/pilots broken into named teams...

there have also been US ARMY RC-12 KingAirs flying in and out of McClellan..awhile back they went to Nellis AFB and returned a week later,i know this as i heard a pilot tell another pilot where he was going and why,they are ID'd as "Rail"

its been fun to listen to them... i really get a kick out of it..as ive posted in the past..like the recient photo plane....and the helicopters this past weekend...loads of fun....

was just thinking....maybe i need a life......

Victory103
May 1st, 2013, 04:40
Both could just be assigned callsigns for the Liberty's out of Beale, much like "ROPER" is used for the T-38's. "RAIL" is short for Guardrail, or the Army RC-12's. Most Army will use ARMY/GUARD/PAT, rarely are we allowed to use tactical callsigns like the other services.