PDA

View Full Version : Microphone problems...so annoying

Navy Chief
April 28th, 2013, 06:54
I have always had problems with microphones. Rarely have I gone to use one, and everything worked ok.

Finally broke down and ordered an inexpensive USB mic headset. I've been using a Edimensional headset (old type, with sound card connections). I do not have a sound card...only onboard sound. I've checked all settings. Nothing gets mic to work. I sure hope the USB type works. MP flying w/o a mic is a waste of time. NC

srgalahad
April 28th, 2013, 08:56
NC,
The USB mic should work fine. The nice thing about them is they nromally allow your speakers to work simultaneously so you can have FS sound thru the speakers and voice in the headset.
In Teamspeak you have to set the "Capture" and "Playback" settings to use the USB device but that's straightforward.
Also set up a Press-to-talk. Many people use voice activation but not all mics work well as they are too sensitive, or have to be cranked up ( can be a bunch of fiddling).

Navy Chief
April 28th, 2013, 09:47
NC,
The USB mic should work fine. The nice thing about them is they nromally allow your speakers to work simultaneously so you can have FS sound thru the speakers and voice in the headset.
In Teamspeak you have to set the "Capture" and "Playback" settings to use the USB device but that's straightforward.
Also set up a Press-to-talk. Many people use voice activation but not all mics work well as they are too sensitive, or have to be cranked up ( can be a bunch of fiddling).

I had a Edimensional USB headset a few years back. It had been, at the time, new technology. But it gave me problems consistently. But I built a new system since then. Hopefully this headset will work better. Thanks. Nc

TARPSBird
April 28th, 2013, 10:40
"Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca."

Navy Chief
April 28th, 2013, 10:58
"Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca."

Never saw that movie, but it's on the top of my Netflix DVD list now! Thanks, NC

TARPSBird
April 28th, 2013, 11:44
Never saw that movie, but it's on the top of my Netflix DVD list now! Thanks, NC
Great airplane flick with a great cast. I remembered the "Calling Barranca" line from an old Bugs Bunny cartoon but never knew what movie it was from until I saw Only Angels Have Wings on cable. :icon_lol: