PDA

View Full Version : Stick+yoke

miragecy
April 28th, 2013, 00:53
Hi guys,
I have the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and I love it. However, I would also like to fly planes, where appropriate, with a yoke. Can I have a yoke connected to my PC as well, or do I have to disconnect the Warthog in order to connect the yoke due to conflict with the axes? I would like to have a combined yoke with the Warthog's throttle.

Thanks!
Andy

P.S I use FSX gold

Naismith
April 28th, 2013, 01:03
I would think so unless there is something peculiar about Tmaster. I have a Saitek X52 and connect up a CH Yoke periodically without disconnecting the X52. Works fine.

miragecy
April 28th, 2013, 02:49
I would think so unless there is something peculiar about Tmaster. I have a Saitek X52 and connect up a CH Yoke periodically without disconnecting the X52. Works fine.

So you have the yoke checked in fsx axis settings as well?

srburger
April 28th, 2013, 11:26
Andy,

I have a CH yoke, fighterstick, throttle, and pedals connected to my PC through a powered hub. When flying FSX, I just go into Settings/Controls and disable the control I'm not using by dragging the axis sliders all the way to the left and the null zones all the way to the right. No problems.

miragecy
April 28th, 2013, 13:15
Thanks guys!

Andy

HighGround22
April 28th, 2013, 13:22
Thanks, Andy! That was a good question -- meaning it's something I'd been scratching my head about for some time now.

And thanks, Guys, for your helpful answers.

Alan_A
April 28th, 2013, 14:40
An even easier solution (though there's a slight cost involved) is to set up your controllers through the registered (payware) version of FSUIPC. It allows you to create different profiles for different aircraft, with specific controllers assigned to each. You can even change calibrations from one aircraft to another. Once the profile is in place, controller assignment is automatic when the aircraft loads, so there's no need to change any settings. My setup includes a yoke, a throttle quadrant, a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS rig and a set of helicopter controls. The throttle quadrant has different settings for piston singles, piston multis and multi-engine jets, and there's a separate profile for the A2A B-17 and 377, which require a single axis for prop and mixture. All the hardware is in place all the time, and FSUIPC picks the right one for the right occasion. Worth a look.

miragecy
April 28th, 2013, 22:59
An even easier solution (though there's a slight cost involved) is to set up your controllers through the registered (payware) version of FSUIPC. It allows you to create different profiles for different aircraft, with specific controllers assigned to each. You can even change calibrations from one aircraft to another. Once the profile is in place, controller assignment is automatic when the aircraft loads, so there's no need to change any settings. My setup includes a yoke, a throttle quadrant, a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS rig and a set of helicopter controls. The throttle quadrant has different settings for piston singles, piston multis and multi-engine jets, and there's a separate profile for the A2A B-17 and 377, which require a single axis for prop and mixture. All the hardware is in place all the time, and FSUIPC picks the right one for the right occasion. Worth a look.

Aha! You got me thinking now! Thanks Alan! :salute:
Andy