PDA

View Full Version : MOST frustrating mouse cursor problem!

Navy Chief
April 27th, 2013, 15:56
A few weeks ago, I started having a most frustrating problem with my mouse cursor. All of a sudden, it will start moving on its own, from left of screen to the right. No movement of my hand will stop it. I have to do a cold boot to stop it.

I will try updating mouse driver any help?

NC

gradyhappyg
April 27th, 2013, 16:00
Wired or wireless/optical or the lil ball thingy?

Navy Chief
April 27th, 2013, 16:15
Wireless/optical. Logitech M325. Just installed updated software and checking. I DO recall the problem started right after I installed SimLauncher. I uninstalled that just now.....

gradyhappyg
April 27th, 2013, 16:28
Sometimes the little lens can get some dirt/dust/pet fuzz on it and can make it go all screwy.
I keep a few Q-tips near by to clean mine with. Also check the USB plug on the receiver and make sure it's clean and tight.

Navy Chief
April 27th, 2013, 16:33
Sometimes the little lens can get some dirt/dust/pet fuzz on it and can make it go all screwy.
I keep a few Q-tips near by to clean mine with. Also check the USB plug on the receiver and make sure it's clean and tight.

USB plug or lens not problem. It is doing it again, although slower. Hmmm.. GGGRRRRrrrrrr

gradyhappyg
April 27th, 2013, 16:36
Well I am sure you checked the batteries so I guess I won't be of any help sorry.
Those are about the only problems I have had with my Logitech.

CWOJackson
April 27th, 2013, 16:36
It's not a laptop by chance is it?

I had a similar problem with a Logitech G-700; I had to turn off mouse acceleration in touchpad/mouse settings.

Tako_Kichi
April 27th, 2013, 17:02
I don't have that mouse but after reading the specs it appears to have a mouse-wheel tilt function. I sometimes get strange behaviour when browsing and usually it's because I've accidentally nudged the tilt feature on my mouse (I hate that feature to be honest). Try nudging the mouse wheel left or right and see if that cures the problem Chief.

Navy Chief
April 27th, 2013, 17:38
I don't have that mouse but after reading the specs it appears to have a mouse-wheel tilt function. I sometimes get strange behaviour when browsing and usually it's because I've accidentally nudged the tilt feature on my mouse (I hate that feature to be honest). Try nudging the mouse wheel left or right and see if that cures the problem Chief.

I think it was a combination of your suggestion and CWOJackson. When I readjusted the cursor acceleration settings, that seemed to fix it. Sure hope so. Thanks! NC