PDA

View Full Version : Some aircraft wanted for CFS 2

UncleTgt
April 27th, 2013, 07:59
Does anyone know if any of the following ...

Piper L 4 Grasshopper - (US Army for Cape Gloucester/ flying off USS Ranger during Operation Torch)

or

Fairey Gordon or Seal, & Boeing Model 69 (Brazil, "Plan Rubber" what if)

that will work in CFS 2?

I can convert the MS J3 Cub, but it needs a lot of further work ...

Jagdflieger
April 27th, 2013, 08:54
I don't recall a Grasshopper, but HerbieG's nice little Stinson L-5B for CFS 2 might work in its stead. It's a nice little plane that flies quite well.

My wife's uncle went MIA in WWII in one of 'em.

Blood_Hawk23
April 27th, 2013, 11:18
yes there is a grasshopper. i'll look for it.

UncleTgt
April 27th, 2013, 11:46
Jagd,

I knew about the Stinson. How d'you think I got the Cub flying in CFS 2? ;) (shameless plug for earlier repaints)

I can use the L5 instead, but it would be nice to use the "correct" aircraft. btw sorry to hear about the MIA - war is hell, especially for those left behind when there is no "closure" following a loss.

UncleTgt
April 27th, 2013, 11:50
BH,

For info, this is the FS2004 Cub, converts to FS 2002, then to CFS 2. I haven't compared with the "old" FS2002 bird.

Blood_Hawk23
April 27th, 2013, 12:33
No there isn't. well not really. the one that i was thinking of is a L2 repaint for the stock FS2004. but i'm sure we could do something with it. i'm checking out the fs2000-fs2002 model right now as well.

this is one we talked about at LWs a couple years ago.

Blood_Hawk23
April 27th, 2013, 15:46
UT check your PMs.

I think I have someting that you might be able to use. It needs work. some of the animations didn't make it. But i have and airfile, CFG and DP finished. also needs the textures fixed. or new ones made.

kelticheart
May 2nd, 2013, 03:03
Hi UncleTgt,

a Taylocraft Auster would be nice as well. If you happened to read Pierre Clostermann's book "The Big Show", he wrote that the only warning that announced January 1st, 1945 surprise attack known as "Operation Bodenplatte", the last Luftwaffe's important operation of the conflict, came from an Army Communications small Taylocraft Auster. According to Clostermann's account, its pilot spotted the German Jabos on their way to the Allied airfields in Holland and Belgium during an early morning flight.

Just to mention something bigger, an Arado Ar234 Blitz. The only model I ever saw was built by Hauke Keitel in the very early days of CFS2, I even think it derived from a CFS1 model, because it has a few glitches in CFS2.

Then CFS2 needs badly an updated Macchi C.200 Saetta, the only one available from the IS4G group is, again, a CFS1 derivative. If I'm correct, Rami just released two campaigns and announced a third one where Macchi 200's are heavily involved. There's a Kazunori Ito's FS8 model available, it comes in Eastern Front livery, but it's not multi-res and it's subject to Ito's well known limitations of usage.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Blood_Hawk23
May 2nd, 2013, 03:05
i think and Auster was done. Check LW's. maybe i'm thinking of a different plane.

jinx
May 2nd, 2013, 03:42
The Amiot 143 for fs2000 and fs2002 may be convertible.
I installed it in fs2002 and it is nicely done, and many repaints can be done easily. I will do some.
I then transferred it to cfs2 and I got the message that it could not be displayed, so it may need some conversion, to its mdl, I suppose, though I am not sure.

Elsewhere here I have posted rare photos concerning this aircraft and they show panel, interiors, top of cabin, etc. Check them out.
The model is very pleasing in fs2002 and looks right. It also features the chamois color for the interior cabin walls etc, which is correct for French bombers of the period, according to my French documentation.

See my other post here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?78043-Amiot-143-1930-s-bomber-photos&p=802378#post802378

From the Readme of the fs2002 model, at flightsim.com, we have this:

FS2000/2002 AMIOT 143

The Amiot 143M entered service in July, 1935. The design was already ten years old and was quite out of date.
Nevertheless, 87 Amiot 143M were in the front line. 50 equipped four metropolitan groupes: GBs I/34 and II/34
in the north, GBs I/38 and II/38 in the East, and 17 equipped one African groupe as of 10 May 1940.
During the Phoney War, Amiot 143M groupes carried out reconnaissance and leaflet raids over Germany.
Upon the start of the Battle of France, the Amiot 143M was used in night attacks on German lines of communications.
The most significant action involving the Amiot 143M was a daring daylight raid on German bridgeheads near Sedan
took place on May 14, 1940

models & texture
Richard Alexander van Hien
rvanhien@uol.com.br, or ravhien@fazenda.sp.gov.br

If you search under his name at flightsim com you will find many interesting candidates for cfs2, including some Jap machines. One for Cfs2 is:

CFS2 DO 216 Patrol Flying Boat. Dornier developed this flying boat project after their Do P.192/Do 214 project was cancelled by the RLM in June 1943. It started its design life under the designation P.174/I, but was given the Do 216 number by the RLM later. Model and textures by Richard Alexander van Hien. CFS2 flight model, .dp and .air file by Pedro Paulo Rezende.

Nick from Athens, Greece

jinx
May 2nd, 2013, 04:07
:salute:Talking of Austers, at Britisim.com we have plenty of those by David Molyneaux and many other British types as well, plus some excellent sounds and pilots' handbooks. Some may be convertible to cfs2--I do not know.

Cheers

fde_bressy
May 2nd, 2013, 06:35
I confirm all Auster models from British classic files convert easily to CFS 2

Blood_Hawk23
May 2nd, 2013, 15:45
I found it at LW's.

http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=500

you'll need to be registered to download.

UncleTgt,
its you baby so upload her if you'd like.

UncleTgt
May 3rd, 2013, 01:00
The Auster is already at SOH
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=5012

but its a Korean War AOP6

kelticheart
May 3rd, 2013, 02:43
i think and Auster was done. Check LW's. maybe i'm thinking of a different plane.

Thanks Blood_Hawk23!

I forgot I had downloaded already UncleTgt's Auster conversion and Korean War repaint, but I would like a WWII skin for it.........

Cheers!

jinx
May 3rd, 2013, 13:14
Just installed it and flew it. Very nice.

Someone should make a dop for it that makes drop small, light bombs, or flares or something ...

Blood_Hawk23
May 3rd, 2013, 15:20
Better yet lets mount on the bazookas. now that would be Kool. i wounder if the spitfire rocket tubes would work?

Jagdflieger
May 3rd, 2013, 17:48
You could try these triple Bazooka tubes.

blohmundvoss
May 4th, 2013, 01:46
Hi UncleTgt,

Then CFS2 needs badly an updated Macchi C.200 Saetta, the only one available from the IS4G group is, again, a CFS1 derivative. If I'm correct, Rami just released two campaigns and announced a third one where Macchi 200's are heavily involved. There's a Kazunori Ito's FS8 model available, it comes in Eastern Front livery, but it's not multi-res and it's subject to Ito's well known limitations of usage.

Cheers!

Hi Kelti

Have you come across this one? It's an FS9 model by I. D'Attomo and G.Quai which converts easily enough - but it's probably not multi-lod. Nice looking model though.

Cheers
BuV

Rami
May 4th, 2013, 03:24
Hey guys,

Does anyone have aircraft Container manager besides me? I can't use it any more, because it won't run on Vista or Windows 7. If someone has XP, they could check it to see if it is multi-lod.

jinx
May 4th, 2013, 04:57
Rami,

I think I do have it and I have a 2nd Pc that runs Windows XP.

Let me know what plane to look at and what to look for exactly. And where to download the a/c.

I had used that once to add lights to planes.

Nick

Rami
May 4th, 2013, 09:35
Hey all,

Thanks to OBIO and a heads up from a fellow friendly member, it looks like we're in business! :jump:

Rami
May 4th, 2013, 09:58
Hey guys,

I checked the model, now that ACM is working, but the model is not multi-lod. Oh well...

kelticheart
May 6th, 2013, 02:24
Hi Kelti

Have you come across this one? It's an FS9 model by I. D'Attomo and G.Quai which converts easily enough - but it's probably not multi-lod. Nice looking model though
Cheers
BuV

Thanks for the H.U. BuV!

No, I wasn't aware of D'Attomo and Quai MC.200 and it looks like it's dressed up as Ito's model with a Russian front camo, easily reckognisable by the yellow theatre bands on the cowling, fuselage and wingtips underside plus the white triangles on the wings.

I am not surprised that it's not multi-LOD, models built for civilian FS very rarely are since there's no need to display them in large formations.

Cheers!