PDA

View Full Version : Kingair photo plane over auburn..norcal

Daveroo
April 24th, 2013, 13:51
the past few days,and kingair..appears to be a C90 has been flying very low over the auburn area,today i heard him on the unicom reporting he was a "photoplane" and he "would be making many passes over the auburn city area",and there he goes now...lol...anyone have any ideas?....

BTW..it doesnt show up on flightaware or skyvector,even as it passes overheard..

SSI01
April 24th, 2013, 16:17
Saw the same type of aircraft this afternoon on approach to Hunter AAF near Savannah . . .

Howellerman
April 24th, 2013, 21:09
the past few days,and kingair..appears to be a C90 has been flying very low over the auburn area,today i heard him on the unicom reporting he was a "photoplane" and he "would be making many passes over the auburn city area",and there he goes now...lol...anyone have any ideas?....

BTW..it doesnt show up on flightaware or skyvector,even as it passes overheard..

Welllll... Given the Feds attitude towards pot farms versus California, it could be a GA version of a black helicopter. Certainly has happened enough up in Humbolt.

Daveroo
April 25th, 2013, 07:51
Welllll... Given the Feds attitude towards pot farms versus California, it could be a GA version of a black helicopter. Certainly has happened enough up in Humbolt.

true,i hadnt thought of that,,,and were one of those "urban-interface" places,litterally right on the edge of a deep canyon..could very well be lookin for pot grows...

srgalahad
April 25th, 2013, 10:08
Without a registration it is more difficult, but there are numerous KingAir possibilities. A company called Dynamic Aviation operates a variety of KA's on photo survey and aerial spraying contracts. They currently have a B200T (N45N) operating out of Moffat but it was running high lines at 16,000 south of the Bay. Interestingly they also have ex-mil U-21's (the unpressurized ones). BTW, Their Website seems broken and their Twitter page is focused on the mosquito spray operations

Among listed C90 operators under "Government" is the DEA. "hobby agriculture" is a big business :icon_lol:

http://www.skytamer.com/Beechcraft_90C.html

Howellerman
April 25th, 2013, 21:05
Being increasingly suspicious of anything the government does (drones, SWAT teams in cities big and small, not to mention CISPA and Carnivore and on and on), I think we have a winner.