PDA

View Full Version : just dispatched a bomb threat,PCSO jail

Daveroo
April 23rd, 2013, 09:38
they just dispatched a bomb threat at the placer county jail..but darn em..they went to a freq i dont have,so i dont know whats happening..but theyve got everyone and his/her aunt and uncle responding..

stansdds
April 24th, 2013, 02:02
Around here, all police frequencies are trunked and secure, so listening in is not an inexpensive option. I understand that it can be done, but it requires some expensive radios and possibly some modifications by someone who knows the communication system. Fire and EMS do have a repeater frequency for scanner users, but as soon as units are on-scene, they switch to a secure channel, so you never know the outcome of most incidents.

Daveroo
April 24th, 2013, 08:08
i have a dual trucking radio ,radio shack "PRO-2052",but the PCSO,and the local fire/ems calfire dont trunk..if thats a term..lol..they went to a freq i just didnt have in my scanner..i had found it on radiorefrence.com..but by the time i got it input'd..the incident was over,and the court sessions inside the jail were back in session.

i dont know what it is about the "trunking system" but when they tried it here in the foothills,and on up into the higher sierra nevada's...it didnt seem to work,and they all went back to regular frequencies..but just below us,almost everything is trunked except the fire/ems