PDA

View Full Version : Fireman's Revenge.

Paul Anderson
April 23rd, 2013, 08:37
You gotta love the Fireman that made this decision...

This is one of the best photos I've seen in years!
I bet the driver, a city councilman, won't think he is above the law next time...
I've got one thing to say to the Firefighter who did this...
That's' the attitude I want if my house is on fire!!!

rdaniell
April 23rd, 2013, 09:22
Yep!....that's PRICELESS:applause:

RD

Daveroo
April 23rd, 2013, 09:32
ok..now im sure you guy will think im full of BS now..but its the honest to god truth..back in the 1960s..my dad and bill mispley were responding to a structure fire on Sacramento St near old town auburn,mater of fact..a firehouse called Gietzen(in hounor of the fire chief who served as chief for more than 65 years) Hall,now stands where this house that burned stood...when dad and bill got at scene..there was a auburn police car parked infront of the hydrant,the officers name is Cy Daniels,in those days,the dispatcher would send an officer to the call first,and if there was an active fire,then they would send the fire department..this led to many foundation saves and was ended not long after this incident..

well as stated,Cy had parked dead center in front of the hydrant..and was now down the hill at the house helping the distraught woman and her kids,back then the officers didnt lock the patrol car doors when they got out,so dad and Bill just rolled down the windows,ran the supply line from the engine to the hydrant and began to fight the fire,well i dont know about other states or countries,,but on a fire scene or even vehicle accident...fire is in charge,even over the police,unless ofcourse an obvious crime has been commited..well Chief Gietzen would not allow the engine dad and bill spotted and connect to be reliesed,nor water flow inturrupted since it had been first on scene ( this was all BS,he was trying to teach Cy a lesson)and the police car was left where it sat for almost 15 hours until the chief reliesed it....Cy didnt get fired...but he never parked close to a fire again after that...

i have another Cy story,,,when Auburn first got the plectrons,they still used the siren system as well,that was still in use until about 2005...so around 1960?...the city got plectrons...there was a fire on top of a railroad tunnel back in whats called the Baltimore ravine,happens to be across a ravine from my home now...when Cy hit the tones button...he got on the radio and yelled......FIRE FIRE FIRE..... and then there was dead silence....he didnt say another word...the vols had to just go to the firehouse,BTW he did not set off the sirens,so the guys had to open the doors manulay and then get on the radio and ask Cy where the fire was.....to this day..he denies he did it...lol...

he retired at some point for the police force and started bartending at the old Shanghai Bar and restaurant in old town auburn... this was known widely in placer county as fire station number one...two brothers owned it,,and both of them were assistnt chiefs in the AVFD..thier sons all became firemen as well..and yes...all chinese...and through marage..my cousins..first time id been in the bar i was still in diapers,there was a fire and my dad ran across the street to the old "maple street firehouse" and off he went...left me to be baby sat by an 85 year old chinese man...my mom was livid when she was called to come get me like 6 hours later...

then i began to race cars ect,and joined the AVFD at age 18..i started going to the bar..they served me and as ong as i didnt say anything i was fine...just keep my mouth shut..and ok...small town..early 1980s..family..well on my 21first birthday...mike..a close friend of mine.who became my brother inlaw later..wanted to buy me a birthday beer...i sad ok fine...but dont tell Cy its my 21st....just say bday....

well mike...god love him..was as dumb as a rock and as slow as a slug..mater of fact his "biker nickname" was slug,..he ordered the beers..and we did a tip of the glasses..ect...Cy asked what was up..slug says...daveys 21 today!!!...Cy looked at me..said...today?..you little SOB...you finish that beer and get out....dont come back until you talk to your cousin..for now you sir!! are 86'd....lol..he was livid....lol

ok...im done..

arfyhun
April 24th, 2013, 08:12
Thank you Paul for an ace piccy.

Marvellous anecdote Daveroo. Once again you have raised my spirit with a good laugh.

Graham.

aeromed202
April 24th, 2013, 09:03
I grew up in Boston where streets are tight, nobody knows what a garage is much less has one so it's all on street parking, and consequently the locals tended to get very small cars, when one took the burden of buying one that is. So it wasn't at all uncommon that when we heard sirens coming to our part of town we would don shoes and coats and head outside. There, we would be available to lend a hand when the ladder or other apparatus couldn't fit around a corner and all of us would literally pick up and move cars to the sidewalk or anywhere handy to make room. These cars were usually parked illegally, too close to the corner or on a hydrant. Often enough we set off the car alarm too and these people would come out in a huff screaming obscenities until they saw a Jakes expression. I suspect the cops weren't far behind, ticket book in hand. There seemed no end to the supply of these thoughtless inhabitants. Never saw a line through the front seat though, would have made my day.

Daveroo
April 24th, 2013, 13:47
a "jake's face"? who is that?...a bystander?..fire fighter?..cop?

just curious..never heard that term..

aeromed202
April 25th, 2013, 09:19
I don't know if it's still in use but a Jake was department slang for a Firefighter. Like the Jakes are making up now, means the guys are packing up the fireground gear to go back to the station. A good read about Boston Jakes is "Thirty Years on the Line" by Leo Stapleton, one of my faves.

Daveroo
April 25th, 2013, 11:20
well i'll be.....never heard that here in my area... interesting..thanks for the info..

Brian_Gladden
April 26th, 2013, 13:03
I don't know if it's still in use but a Jake was department slang for a Firefighter. Like the Jakes are making up now, means the guys are packing up the fireground gear to go back to the station. A good read about Boston Jakes is "Thirty Years on the Line" by Leo Stapleton, one of my faves.

Had the pleasure of meeting the "Commish" AKA Boston Fire Commissioner Leo Stapleton back in the 90's. A truly great guy. I had a couple copies of his books autographed but I lost them somewhere in a move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm3RugCJxlE