PDA

View Full Version : In a cast, again...

Navy Chief
April 22nd, 2013, 12:51
I injured my left elbow a couple years ago. Since then, I've dealt with pain issues by getting cortisone shots every so often. But a few months back I had a MRI of the elbow. It showed that a tendon was 20% torn. I consulted an ortho surgeon, who told me how she could repair it, so I scheduled the surgery for this July. I had to move the surgery up, however, because the pain got worse. This morning, around 10 AM, I had the procedure. The surgeon told me afterwards that the tendon had torn further (80%); the worst she'd ever seen!

So now I'm in a cast from the top of my left arm to the hand. They'll take the cast off when the stitches are removed on May 1st, and then physical therapy will begin.

I am glad I had this done now. Once Obamacare hits, I have a feeling things won't be so simple!

Anytime now, the painkiller will wear off, and Percocet will be a friend of mine:). NC

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
April 22nd, 2013, 13:04
I Hope your Left elbow heals well.
Get well soon.

Navy Chief
April 22nd, 2013, 13:08
I Hope your Left elbow heals well.
Get well soon.

thanks:). I must add that everyone at that surgery center, here in Fort Myers, was wonderful! So caring, professional, and made me feel like royalty!

arfyhun
April 22nd, 2013, 13:21
Thank heavens it's not your saluting arm!!

Good luck mate,

Graham.

TARPSBird
April 22nd, 2013, 13:21
With Obamacare they'd simply replace your tendon with a bungee cord from Home Depot. :icon_lol:
Best wishes NC, hope ya heal up fast. And yeah, you'll need those pharmaceuticals.

JoeW
April 22nd, 2013, 15:46
Obamacare has already arrived.

jrbirdman
April 22nd, 2013, 17:18
I know what you mean. I just had a lumbar fusion done on the 22nd of last month. Thank God for morphine. I hope your healing time is faster than mine. I was told 4-6 months. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Kind regards, Jeremy :salute: :icon29:

Bushpounder
April 22nd, 2013, 17:21
Hope you are back on course soon, Chief. Enjoy the pills! LOL!

Don

Navy Chief
April 24th, 2013, 06:11
feeling MUCH better today, since I quit taking Percocet. That's some nasty stuff. I realize there's times one would need it, but I hated how it made me feel....

cast comes off on May 1st, along with stitches, thankfully....:jump: NC