PDA

View Full Version : X-Country

falcon409
April 22nd, 2013, 06:51
I've steadily been rebuilding FS9 to where it looks good after not having it installed for quite a few years. I had forgotten a lot, but it's getting there. Anyway, I decided to try out an "Oldie but Goodie" and a recent masterpiece and do a X-Country flight starting from KPDX (Portland Int'l). I made one stop in Newport, Ore. for fuel problems in the Tracker, then continued on to Alameda NAS for an overnight stop. Next day took me Nellis AFB and another overnight stop (it is Las Vegas after all) and discovered the next day that the 457th had an F-4 that had maintenance problems from a deployment and was ready to be shuttled back home. . .Perfect!! Made my way over to Ops, did some fast talking with the Duty Officer in Ops at Carswell and got cleared for a "One Time" flight back home with an intermediate stopover at Holloman. Got suited up at Life Support, did my mask check and caught a Golf Cart out to the bird. Crew Chief already had the Dash-60 hooked up and running, so after a good walk-around I was up, strapped in and starting engines. Systems checks cleared good, (no write-ups so far.. .gotta keep the forms clean for the crew dog at home base, lol). Canopy down and locked, brakes off and with a salute to my Crew Chief I was off for Holloman. The rest of the flight was uneventful and after passing over a "very flat" West Texas I was finally in touch with Navy Tower at NAS Ft Worth and before long I had the end of the rwy in sight and touched down with a clean slate. Taxied over to the EOR so the guys could pin me, do some quick visuals on the bird and then I was passed on to taxi back to my spot. It's Good to be home!

Addendum: Apparently, there have been changes in the size and number requirements for posting images. . .what worked a month ago, no longer does. . .instead of 8 images, now it's 5....grrrr. I'll have to resize all my shots and post them after a while. . .sorry 'bout that.

falcon409
April 22nd, 2013, 07:19
Can't win for losing here....the cockpit shots go with the F-4 Obviously, and should have been the last two in the previous images...that's how I uploaded them. . .but noooooo, that would be too simple, lol. . .geeeeze. So, in probably not the correct order. . .here are the rest.