PDA

View Full Version : 30 Minutes Of Wind Tunnel

Panther_99FS
April 21st, 2013, 16:16
I hate how this show has been shortened with the 're-org'....:pop4:

Terry
April 22nd, 2013, 04:46
I hate how this show has been shortened with the 're-org'....:pop4:

The Speed network took a lot of time and hard work to bring it up to what it once was. The last three or so years someone has been working hard to destroy it. Trackside which was once hard news and humor is now a kiddy game show, The Hub is up to about half game show, and like you said Wind Tunnel is 30 minutes which is too short to do justice to any subject. It's a damn shame but Speed is ruined thanks to some misguided exec at Fox.

wombat666
April 22nd, 2013, 05:28
IMHO this is just the way 'Television' all over seems to be drifting, certainly we have most of our (once excellent) FTA HD Networks filled with rubbish, repeats of repeats, more 'Commercials' than 'Content', while the so-called 'Sports Channel' is loaded with American Football/Basketball/Baseball/NASCAR and garbage 'Worst Of/Best Of' reality shows. And I'm not sure how something like 'Sons of Anarchy' fits into this supposedly 'Sports' channel.
:icon_eek:
Just to add insult to injury, 'Foxtel' is almost as bad as FTA when it comes to 'Commercials', we cancelled out of 'Pay TV' several years ago, makes no sense to me if I'm paying money to get away from the Advertising.
Back to the case of 'Speed' and the 'Programmers', the trend seems to be toward the shallow end of the Gene Pool, it certainly is a case of aiming for the bottom of the pond on our Networks.
I'm just thankful that I built up a PC for live streaming ........ :kilroy:

Daveroo
April 22nd, 2013, 06:43
speed lost creditably with me when the changed "inside Nextel cup"? i cant remember the exact title now,but it was originally a panel show hosted by Allen Bestwick,with Mike Waltip,Kenny Scharder and Jonny Benson as commintaors ,it was a great show for many years..then some new programing director came in and put dave dispaine in place of bestwick,and changed the panelof drivers..and screwed with the format..then put it on showtime...

shame how some pencil pushing,college graduate who probably never really had any real racing back ground comes in and tells race fans what we need more...

Panther_99FS
April 22nd, 2013, 16:53
The Speed network took a lot of time and hard work to bring it up to what it once was. The last three or so years someone has been working hard to destroy it. Trackside which was once hard news and humor is now a kiddy game show, The Hub is up to about half game show, and like you said Wind Tunnel is 30 minutes which is too short to do justice to any subject. It's a damn shame but Speed is ruined thanks to some misguided exec at Fox.

I hear ya!

Panther_99FS
May 26th, 2013, 19:16
Alright I'll say it again....
This 30mins is just horse doo-doo :ipepsi2:

Howellerman
May 26th, 2013, 19:34
I hear ya!

+1. Pretty much anything Fox touches nowadays (news, sports, etc) turns to ****e... Blame Roger Ailes, one greasy SOB if there every was one... :(

Panther_99FS
June 30th, 2013, 16:30
I can't take this 30 minutes anymore...I wonder how Despain feels :ques: