PDA

View Full Version : A speed I could only dream of

AussieMan
April 19th, 2013, 02:22
Many years ago I switched from dial up to broadband and later to ADSL and ADSL 2+. Needless to say I was disappointed with the speeds I was getting. After many "discussions" with Telstra and being told I was too far from the local exchange. My argument was that the fellow 6 doors down the road from me was getting speeds in the range of 800kb/s while I was stuck with an average of about 70kb/s. Finally on Monday after another call Telstra finally admitted there was a fault. The fault was rectified the next morning and I did a speed test while the tech was here and could not believe that I was getting a download speed of 6.5mb/s. Yesterday I downloaded the new ORBX Library Files in less than 3 minutes at a speed of 693kb/s. While there is still room for improvement it is a huge jump from 70kb/s to nearly 700kb/s. Plus the fact I can now look at the screenshots that are put up here. In the past I would start to look at the screenshots and while they were loading I could go and make a cup of tea. Also I can carry out other internet tasks while downloading without any noticeable degredation of speed.

wombat666
April 19th, 2013, 03:45
For a minute I thought you might have been one of the very few connected to the NBN ................. :icon_eek:
Nice to know that Telstra came good for you Pat.

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 04:09
I have road runner, 60 MBPS:icon_eek:

IanHenry
April 19th, 2013, 04:20
I think I'm lucky, I have 72.8 Mb per second due to a recent free fibre optic upgrade from British Telecom! Regards, Ian.

AussieMan
April 19th, 2013, 05:25
For a minute I thought you might have been one of the very few connected to the NBN ................. :icon_eek:
Nice to know that Telstra came good for you pat.
Unfortunately at the moment I still have copper wire. Moving to the Central Coast shortly and over there they have fiber right to the house.

demorier
April 20th, 2013, 00:44
If it's Telstra they will still find a way to mess it up.