PDA

View Full Version : Boston Again!

Ickie
April 18th, 2013, 14:01
OK, Here is the 2 that the FBI is looking for bombing Boston Marathron.

To Provide
Tips in the Investigation

If you have
visual images, video, and/or details regarding the explosions along the Boston
Marathon route and elsewhere, submit them on https://bostonmarathontips.fbi.gov/.
No piece of information or detail is too small.

You can also call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324),
prompt #3, with information.
All media
inquiries should be directed to the FBI’s National Press Office at (202)
324-3691.

- Boston
FBI
(http://www.fbi.gov/boston)- Boston Police
Department (http://www.cityofboston.gov/POLICE/)

Allen
April 18th, 2013, 22:33
Gunman(s) shoot and killed a campus officer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Than apparently took police SUV, reports of explosives being tossed out of stolen SUV and automatic gun fire from SUV as well.</SPAN>

One suspect in custody. 2nd or more possible still loose. Bomb disposal has/being called in to remove unexploded bombs laying in the streets.</SPAN>

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Live Videos and Scanner.
http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon
http://www1.whdh.com/video/7newslive (http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathonhttp://www1.whdh.com/video/7newslivehttp://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/)
http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/

Dumonceau
April 18th, 2013, 23:35
According to the news over here, the apprehended individual is one of the bombing suspects. hats off to the law enforcement community who acted really fast and decisive on this one!

Allen
April 19th, 2013, 00:18
Sources reporting 1st suspect is dead.

About half hour ago the came across the scaner that they would be slowing down the manhunt for the other. The guy was droping bombs as he was running and bombs are all over the place and they are afrad they may step on one. Bomb disposal is trying to get them but the plan is to try to contain the guy in the area and wait for daylight.

Dumonceau
April 19th, 2013, 00:22
I sincerely hope that the other individual is apprehended alive for questioning. Eliminating monsters can be a good thing, extracting information is better.

Allen
April 19th, 2013, 00:38
Dosn't sound likely. First guy had a bomb on him confirmed by scanner warning to police.

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 00:43
Update, 1 DEAD

StormILM
April 19th, 2013, 00:59
I've been tuned into the scanners for over 2 hours now, one suspect dead, the other still on the loose. They have a perimeter set up, clearing house/building by house/building , street by street. The evacuated-displaced residents are being boarded on city buses from what I can tell.

I heard a recording of the firefight with the first suspect, multiple volleys of gunfire followed by a powerful blast(apparent suicide vest). In the last 20 minutes, Boston PD Chief was on the radio warning ALL Officers/Agents that the second suspect may have an explosive vest and a long barreled weapon.

Just now, EMS is being called to the BPD command post for 3 injured Officers(not sure how they were injured).

Scary situation!

Seagull V
April 19th, 2013, 01:51
Stay safe everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards SGV

SSI01
April 19th, 2013, 02:49
Wait'll we get the background on these guys . . .

EDIT - FoxNews, Yahoo are reporting these guys are either from Chechnya or an area near Chechnya - they are generally from the same crowd that took those Russian schoolchildren hostage several years ago and wound up killing a number of them, plus others, before dying themselves during the rescue by the Russian Army. Putting their pictures out to the media last night spooked them into losing their cool. The (apparent) use of bomb vests by both individuals indicates their willingness to be taken alive (none) - not afraid to die or take others with them. It would seem they also both (allegedly) have combat experience against US or allied troops in AF/IQ. There are many things the FBI & others are not saying (wisely) about what's happening, but everyone should note this - in the past we've heard about success after success by FBI/DHS/others re: breaking up alleged terror plots because the ring was infiltrated, sources placed, etc; these were wanna-bes and not truly dangerous people. These two brothers come from an insular community, had combat experience and motivation, and there was no advanced notice of the attack, meaning the group (if any) they belonged to has extremely good internal security. They will act decisively and aren't afraid to use deadly force. Sorry to say it, but I think we'd better get ready for more of this, with increasing frequency, in the future.

stansdds
April 19th, 2013, 02:50
I hope number one is taken alive. Obviously, suspect number two had no intention of surrender.

Dangerousdave26
April 19th, 2013, 03:57
From Reuters

The two suspects are Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

Found on the BBC Live coverage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22213651

FBI just confirms names per the live feed.

Dangerousdave26
April 19th, 2013, 03:58
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, aged 19 is the one still alive at this time.

Dangerousdave26
April 19th, 2013, 04:31
Per BBC live feed Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was born in Kyrgyzstan and has a Massachusetts driver's license.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev the second suspect is dead and was 26 not 20 as previously reported. He was born in Russia.

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 05:19
nother pic, they say they have him cornered, 9:20 am

aeronca1
April 19th, 2013, 05:31
I hope number one is taken alive.

Me as well, then use micro explosives to systematically blow off parts of his body........

brad kaste
April 19th, 2013, 05:47
Me as well, then use micro explosives to systematically blow off parts of his body........

But first apply a dentist drill to his teeth to see how well he jumps in the dental chair while being restrained........

Rami
April 19th, 2013, 06:11
Hey guys,

People in the Boston area are heeding the warning and staying indoors under lock and key. Boston and the surrounding western suburbs are in lockdown mode and are virtual ghost towns. This in unprecedented, but understandable given the conditions.

Dangerousdave26
April 19th, 2013, 06:24
Some speculation that he is in Connecticut

1445:

Police in the neighboring state of Connecticut have put out a alert for a vehicle that could "possibly be occupied by a wanted suspect".

Nothing confirmed at this time

From BBC Live Feed

Crusader
April 19th, 2013, 06:32
Every time I see that little 8 y/o boy's picture on the news I shed a tear and I think of the others that have died , and now a MIT police officer and another seriously injured . My mind just draws a blank as how a person or persons , or an organization can have so much hatred and absolutely no conscious , especially when the dead are young babies and children . My buddies and friends all tell me it's their cause . They are so dedicated to their cause . Bull s--t it's their cause ! They are pure evil and IMO they are not even part of the human race ! This is not intended to be a political statement . Just venting some rage and anger .---------------Rich:censored:

Dangerousdave26
April 19th, 2013, 06:37
Update

1534:

Connecticut state police, updated the vehicle they were looking for has been found in Boston.

Dumonceau
April 19th, 2013, 06:47
My most positive thoughts go out to the people of the Boston Area. I hope all of you will be safe and the monster apprehended!

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 07:12
since 3:30 am I found more info here @ SOH, than on cnn, fox, lol and google

rdaniell
April 19th, 2013, 07:49
since 3:30 am I found more info here @ SOH, than on cnn, fox, lol and google

Ickie, I've found that to be true with a lot of breaking news stories. :stop:

RD

Allen
April 19th, 2013, 07:53
Ickie you don't know that the 24 hour news channels are now telegraphs of the moden world?

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 10:03
testing IE-10

hey it works

aeromed202
April 19th, 2013, 10:22
This is just crazy stuff. I can't imagine living where bombings are common place. I really, really, really don't want that to become our reality here in the states. So the aunt and father were just on the news saying the suspect couldn't do something like this and is being set up. My brother moved from the search area a few years ago but has been following events closely. At least he wasn't at the race. Stay careful out there guys.

Edit.. so maybe CNN put up an incorrect title, now I'm confused if it was the father or uncle, and another video shows this man begging the suspect to turn himself in and ask forgiveness of those injured and killed. I do think the press has done a better than usual job of getting facts out ahead of speculation though. Still house to house searching so far.

Dain Arns
April 19th, 2013, 11:13
Edit.. so maybe CNN put up an incorrect title, now I'm confused if it was the father or uncle, and another video shows this man begging the suspect to turn himself in and ask forgiveness of those injured and killed. I do think the press has done a better than usual job of getting facts out ahead of speculation though. Still house to house searching so far.

There are several uncles, I guess.
Apparently, (according to the media for what its worth), the families all immigrated to the US seeking political asylum from the Chechen civil war years ago.
Once here, there was some major split within the family, and many haven't talked to each other for several years.

SSI01
April 19th, 2013, 12:47
Every minute that goes by without contact increases likelihood that

1) This guy has slipped through the cordon and is on the loose;

2) He's really gone to ground, in someone's attic, crawlspace, beneath a shed in the back yard, in a culvert somewhere, in a water tank or some other location, and things will become extremely interesting once he's found.

The most interesting comment so far is from the guy's father, who said if his son is killed, "all hell will break loose." Hyperbole? Or is this guy part of a cell composed of like-minded individuals who will be quite upset one of their members was killed by the coppers? (I say "one" as FoxNews just aired an interview stating the younger brother ran over and incapacitated the older brother during the scramble earlier this morning - hence the PD is not directly responsible for the older brother's death - his younger brother sort of assisted in an "own goal").

Can someone please fill me in on something I read once some time ago? I have been told the Northeast is haven to many immigre Russians, and those of similar ethnic origin. Most are Eastern Orthodox, or have no religious beliefs - some are Muslims. Just how big a "sea" of similar people does this guy have to swim in - IOW, get lost in?

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 15:15
shots fired and a report is saying this turd is down.

CWOJackson
April 19th, 2013, 15:29
shots fired and a report is saying this turd is down.

7:28PM Suspect is surrounded, alive and still moving. (local Fox News)

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 15:51
He was hiding in a boat in a back yard and it was shrink wrapped. The owners noticed blood and called police. I think he is dead, there is no rush to find out by police, lol, somebody got shot.

Rami
April 19th, 2013, 15:57
Hey guys,

RIGHT AFTER they lifted the shelter-in-place ban, automatic weapons fire, numerous exchanges of semi-automatic gunfire, and they may have the suspect cornered with a very tight perimeter. The suspect may be hiding in a stored boat.

CWOJackson
April 19th, 2013, 16:08
Hey guys,

RIGHT AFTER they lifted the shelter-in-place ban, automatic weapons fire, numerous exchanges of semi-automatic gunfire, and they may have the suspect cornered with a very tight perimeter. The suspect may be hiding in a stored boat.

Rami, a lot of folks in Boston have performed very impressively these past few days but one incident that tickles me is how four local Dunkin' Donuts opened/remained open, with permission by the authorities, to give response personnel places to take a break and get coffee/snacks for free. Hats off to them for that.

Rami
April 19th, 2013, 16:24
CWOJackson,

Yes, that's true. Dunkin' Donuts is a New England institution, and like you said, they gotta eat, shake the lizard, and drop anchor like everyone else.

aeromed202
April 19th, 2013, 16:47
Hey, just part of ICS, got to keep the guys fed. I really miss DD's out here, the're practically on every block out there. As of just now, sounding like in custody. 2047 EDT

Rami
April 19th, 2013, 16:51
Good evening,

HE IS IN CUSTODY, ALIVE. Scores of applause and cheering on the streets of Watertown, and throughout Massachusetts. :wavey:

Ickie
April 19th, 2013, 16:54
Boston PD to this turd, "Make My Day"

CWOJackson
April 19th, 2013, 17:00
Good work everyone.

I'm going to go have a celebratory Dunkin' Donut tomorrow morning!

(I'm reading now that besides the free service to the officers, DD is also donating $100,000 to help the victim's families. I might just get two donuts.)

aeromed202
April 19th, 2013, 17:04
Heck of a job by everyone :salute: Might try an online order of donuts.

Allen
April 19th, 2013, 17:07
Thank goodness this wasn't LAPD or we wouldn't know what the fark set this guy off...

paiken
April 19th, 2013, 17:31
Here's where they found him...84984

aeromed202
April 19th, 2013, 17:38
I&#39;m taking a minute here for all those killed and injured from the first explosion to the extaordinary hunt and successful apprehension. Thank you all for your sacrifices and best wishes in your recoveries.

Rami
April 19th, 2013, 20:20
Hey guys,

One final note before going to bed. Bostonians rallied outside the TD Garden and Fenway Park, spontaneously singing "God Bless America" and "Sweet Caroline" to show the pride of the city. This was in addition to cheering the Police and other officials in an impromptu parade celebration in Watertown.

It's hard to define why "Sweet Caroline" has become a Boston anthem and a song of unity, but every true Bostonian of age knows the words by heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxHqMEcSuQ

And...dare I say this...thanks to all of New York, the Yankees, and the rest of the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN807-wxPW0

Now, let justice take her sweet time. Let's make this one airtight...get those ducks lined up beak to tail! And to all those recovering and those who have passed, our hearts and prayers are with you. Keep the faith.

brad kaste
April 19th, 2013, 20:57
Rami,....seems like I heard years ago the song "Sweet Caroline" written and sung by Neal Diamond,.....was in honor of Caroline Kennedy. JFK's daughter. And of course the Kennedy name has a historical presence in Boston and Massachusetts.

Dumonceau
April 19th, 2013, 23:19
WOW! Hats off to the law enforcement community and the people of Boston! Good show!

Naismith
April 19th, 2013, 23:30
Way to go Boston! A fine example of Law Enforcement and teamwork working at its best. I have to share this photo I came across, with this guy on board, the good guys had to win. He's so mean he don't need no weapons. :salute:
I'm trying to think who he reminds me of.

Rami
April 20th, 2013, 00:07
Naismith,

He reminds me of Charles S. Dutton.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001165/

Among his many roles, he was the field manager in Rudy who watched out for him and gave him the kick in the a*s that prevented him from quitting.

kilo delta
April 20th, 2013, 06:37
Congrats to the various law enforcement agencies on capturing the suspect.

It's a bit of an eye opener,and somewhat surreal, in this technological age that I was able to follow the chase , in real time, from a country thousands of miles away from where this was taking place. Police scanner feeds direct to my computer and smartphone plus video feeds from the various news channels meant I knew exactly what was going on minute by minute. I'm surprised that the agencies involved do not exclusively rely on encrypted digital TETRA style radio's. Surely this will be looked at in the wake of this manhunt?

Daveroo
April 20th, 2013, 08:59
well i was wondering about this as well,if they thought he had access to a cell phone,laptop or other device he could have monitored them on,even though it would have been a burdon on the locals..wouldnt you think the would cut power to local cell towers?...shut off local internet access?..possibly even go as far as turning off power (but that would cause people to lose food ect).

but as far as the LE communications,with all the combined ,from Watertown police/fire/EMS all the way to ATF,DEA,Homeland security,national guard and on...the communications would have been turned over to a central comand post or an ICP..with a COMVAN,with its own power supply ..and last option..which should have been used here..satalite communications between units,with short range handhelds within each unit..

anyway....i guess they did...so they muct have known he didnt have anything on him...

kilo delta
April 20th, 2013, 09:30
A number of radio scanner feeds were shut down (or politely requested to cut the feed :P) but there were still some that were operating. Also, Twitter and Facebook was filled with real time updates and photos of the operation...many of which gave away tactical information.

Allen
April 20th, 2013, 13:36
Scanner for the most part are legal in the US. From looking around Massachusetts no laws restricting scanners. They can request that scanners not broadcast on the web but is not against the law to do so. They have encrypted channels if they really didn't want things to be public.

I for one had the web scanner on and was waiting for things to go full LAPD with a hail of bullets and incendiary grenades. Insead there was a simple "suspect in custody" and a rerquest for pic of "White hat" to confirm that they had the right guy. Than a load of "The suspect in custody is the guy that was in the boat?" from others.

It was the most anticlimactic ending but I'm glad it did end that way.

kilo delta
April 21st, 2013, 03:06
Scanner for the most part are legal in the US. From looking around Massachusetts no laws restricting scanners. They can request that scanners not broadcast on the web but is not against the law to do so. They have encrypted channels if they really didn't want things to be public.

I for one had the web scanner on and was waiting for things to go full LAPD with a hail of bullets and incendiary grenades. Insead there was a simple "suspect in custody" and a rerquest for pic of "White hat" to confirm that they had the right guy. Than a load of "The suspect in custody is the guy that was in the boat?" from others.

It was the most anticlimactic ending but I'm glad it did end that way.

Lot's of "Open mic...Officer XXX XXXX, check your mic"

I had to laugh when the helo pilot was asked to shine the Night Sun on the suspect (prior to this he'd been using FLIR to locate the perp,iirc). Just as he was leaving the scene to refuel he was told that he was broadcasting his downlink all across the internet!

Roger
April 21st, 2013, 07:55
I'm taking a minute here for all those killed and injured from the first explosion to the extaordinary hunt and successful apprehension. Thank you all for your sacrifices and best wishes in your recoveries.

Well said:engel016: and well done Boston:medals:

aeromed202
April 21st, 2013, 08:49
Some ways for anyone who wishes to help, lifted from a local news site...

Here are a few ways you can help in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings:
Mayor Menino announced the One Fund Boston donation site during a press conference Tuesday: http://www.onefundboston.org/
The Kraft family announced they will match $100,000 in donations to support victims. Donate at www.patriots.com/donate (http://www.patriots.com/donate) with "Boston Marathon" in the message field.
Donate to Boston University's Lingzi Lu Scholarship Fund: https://www.bu.edu/alumni-forms/forms/lu-lingzi-fund/
Donate to the Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
Register as Safe and Well with the Red Cross: https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php
Donate to the Salvation Army: https://donate.salvationarmyusa.org/
Google Person Finder: http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions/
Donate to Boston's First Responders Fund via the Boston Firefighter's Credit Union: http://www.bosfirecu.com (https://www.bosfirecu.com/)
Offer a place to stay: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dqIKVq6IqX4BVXqOW_a9-qmXt1KJ_4Nu3NPNnC1g1mw/viewform
Find a place to stay: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r2dbf7q2sIiiQWynPNgH74qNeheNycTyk7hXue9AJhs/viewform
Register to offer mental health services or receive them: http://www.giveanhour.org/
Donate to the Vince Wilfork Foundation by texting VINCE to 50555 to donate $10, all proceeds this month will benefit the victims: http://www.vincewilfork75.com/
Resources for Boston businesses affected in the tragedy, are being held at the Park Plaza Hotel: http://www.cityofboston.gov/news/default.aspx?id=6080
Ways to avoid scam charities: http://boston.bbb.org/article/BBB-Warns-of-Charity-Scams-Offers-Giving-Tips-in-Wake-of-Boston-Marathon-B-41366
Donate to the Richard family. 8-year-old Martin was killed in the blast: http://richardfamilyfund.org/
Donate to Jeff Bauman who was severely injured in the Boston Marathon bombings: http://gofundme.com/bucksforbauman
Help for Pat and Jess: http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/ygf1/helpforpatandjess

Read more: Marathon Bombings: How you can help - KMSP-TV (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/21993168/marathon-bombing-how-you-can-help#ixzz2R7KqfJFC) http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/21993168/marathon-bombing-how-you-can-help#ixzz2R7KqfJFC

n4gix
April 21st, 2013, 10:28
Lot's of "Open mic...Officer XXX XXXX, check your mic"

I hear that frequently here in Hammond, Indiana. I've even spoken with the dispatcher and tried to explain that if someone's "mic is open" that means they can't hear her, so the request is nearly useless...

...unless there's more than one radio in the immediate area from which the offender can hear the request. :isadizzy: