April 18th, 2013, 18:06
Work In Progress....:cool:

http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_R3Y.html

YouTube video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=016igUcXe9g

Tommy

Sundog
April 18th, 2013, 18:36
Wow, I would have never guessed this would have been next. A follow up to Paul's. I have to say, they're the only ones I can recall who ever made military flying boats other than the Catalina. A nice follow up to the B-45.

PutPut
April 18th, 2013, 18:52
I don't want to highjack this thread, but, now that you mention it I do have another "BigUn" in the wings. Can you guess? There were only two built.
The Vitavia R3Y looks great!

Best, Paul

tommieboy
April 18th, 2013, 19:38
I don't want to highjack this thread, but, now that you mention it I do have another "BigUn" in the wings. Can you guess? There were only two built.....

Please, highjack this thread......:mixedsmi:

Shorts Sunderland something?

Tommy

Geomitrak
April 18th, 2013, 19:41
I don't want to highjack this thread, but, now that you mention it I do have another "BigUn" in the wings. Can you guess? There were only two built.

A Short Shetland ! Never thought I'd see one in FSX.

PutPut
April 18th, 2013, 19:42
Please, highjack this thread......:mixedsmi:

Shorts Sunderland?

Tommy

No, it is larger than a Sunderland and there were many more than two Sunderlands built.

Paul

PutPut
April 18th, 2013, 19:43
A Short Shetland ! Never thought I'd see one in FSX.

You got it! The next time you are in Long Beach drop by for a free Grolsch.

Best, Paul

Geomitrak
April 18th, 2013, 19:56
You got it! The next time you are in Long Beach drop by for a free Grolsch.

Best, Paul

Heh, will do. Best of luck with that boat. :)

OT...nice to see Virtavia really going back to its Alphasim roots; I've missed the diversity.

Jafo
April 18th, 2013, 19:59
The 'Tradewind'....did anyone refer to it as 'Snoopy'? [looking at that nose] ...;)

Ian Warren
April 18th, 2013, 21:21
This is one i am going to get , its just the type ... so unique , gawd! be interested to see the cockpit :cool: Paint kit supplied ... :icon_lol: only thirteen aircraft ever built <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

tommieboy
April 18th, 2013, 22:15
This is one i am going to get , its just the type ... so unique , gawd! be interested to see the cockpit :cool: Paint kit supplied ... :icon_lol: only thirteen aircraft ever built <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Yep, it has contra-rotating propellers too......we need more of these in FSX......:cool:

One of the best contra-rotating propeller aircraft I have come across for FSX is the freeware Avro Shackelton MR3, available at www.britsim.com (http://www.britsim.com;) just in case anyone is interested. It has an awesome third party sound set that you can add to the aircraft too!

Tommy

tommieboy
April 18th, 2013, 22:21
Work In Progress....:cool:

http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_R3Y.html

Check out the green Johnson outboards on the beaching cradle......:cool:

Tommy

wombat666
April 18th, 2013, 22:52
What a refreshing change to see Developers stepping out of the mainstream of 'Done to Death' subjects.
Bravo!
:applause::applause::applause:

Chris Sykes
April 19th, 2013, 00:20
Not one for me but ill agree with its nice to see them going back to the ones not done! Hope they might do a Jaguar again...

TARPSBird
April 19th, 2013, 01:26
Paul Clawson did a nice job on the R3Y but I'm glad Virtavia has decided to do one too. Little by little we're getting a pretty good selection of FSX-native (or at least dual FS9/FSX friendly) Cold War aircraft.

mgchrist5
April 19th, 2013, 04:27
Wow...this is certainly an offering out of left-field! I can't say it's my cup of tea, but Virtavia is to be commended for modeling such unusual craft for FS. :applause:

Sundog
April 19th, 2013, 22:45
Hey Paul, any plans to finish up the Shetland? I enjoyed reading about it in Aeroplane Magazine.

OK, to get back on topic, I would love to some of these Tradewinds painted up in some of the high viz gray and white paint schemes that were seen on Marlins. Maybe even in a JASDF orange and white texture as well.