PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Studios forum??

WarHorse47
April 18th, 2013, 06:14
Two days ago I purchased the Vertigo Studios Stearman I package from PC Aviator.

While downloading and installing some additional repaints, I discovered five missing textures from the original package. According to the manual these five "paint schemes are only available via download from our forums. In order to download you will be needing to register an account on our forums."

Since I'm registered on their web site, this is no problem, right? Wrong. There is no forum. The link provided in their manual goes nowhere. Now what?

There is nothing posted on their main web site, nor can I find the additional textures through any kind of web search. I've logged two support requests and sent one e-mail, but have not received a response.

Anybody know where I can find these additional textures?

Thanks

fsafranek
April 18th, 2013, 08:12
I just pinged them on Skype. Will let you know what I hear back.

falcon409
April 18th, 2013, 08:13
Ok, I looked at the description and it does reference "5 additional textures via our downloads area". . .which, like the forums seems to be non-existent. Have you tried going to your products page to see if the textures are available as an additional download there? The only thing I've ever purchased from them was the Panther. I can go to "My Products" (after logging in) and still download that aircraft. . .possible your textures could be there. If not, I have no idea cause I was unable to find any separate "Downloads" area.

WarHorse47
April 18th, 2013, 08:26
Have you tried going to your products page to see if the textures are available as an additional download there? My purchase was with PC Aviator because of their 10% Tuesday sale (these things are expensive), and there are no additional downloads. My invoice, however, does say: "For Any Technical Support For This Title Please Visit: http://vertigostudios.co.uk/helpdesk"

The original digital download has two install files for 2048 and 4096 textures. Nothing more.

I continue to look in my inbox and on their support page for a response or update to my Support Tickets, but nothing so far. There is a general message indicating support to be closed between March 8th and 24th, but that time has passed.

fsafranek
April 18th, 2013, 08:30
Bruce Martin wrote back to say that the server that the forum was on was attacked and they have to rebuild it. Further, Dean has the only access to the support pages and he is away with real world work until the weekend.

:kilroy:

WarHorse47
April 18th, 2013, 08:41
Bruce Martin wrote back to say that the server that the forum was on was attacked and they have to rebuild it. Further, Dean has the only access to the support pages and he is away with real world work until the weekend.

:kilroy:Thanks, Frank.

I could not find a forum link on their main site, and assumed it was removed entirely. Bruce responded on Avsim as well.