PDA

View Full Version : FSX to P3D migration tool....How to use it?

Navy Chief
April 17th, 2013, 14:25
The manual that accompanies this utility (bought from Simmarket today) has me more confused than when I read it.

Anyone familiar with this program?

I understand (sort of) about the "virtual FSX" thing, but I don't understand how to actually migrate stuff from FSX to P3D. And I could not find ANY youtube videos about this program...

NC

SRAces
April 18th, 2013, 05:46
If you are referring to the FSX to P3D Migration Tool by Flightsim Estonia, just start the application and enable the "virtual FSX" mode. As long as you have that enabled it will make any addon you install point to the Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D folder for installation. The program basically inserts an "fsx.exe" file in the P3D folder for you FSX addon's installation folder so he installing application will see it and install. Once you have your addon loaded, you can then go back to the FSX to P3D Migration Tool and turn off the 'virtual FSX" mode. That's all there is to it.

Navy Chief
April 18th, 2013, 06:37
If you are referring to the FSX to P3D Migration Tool by Flightsim Estonia, just start the application and enable the "virtual FSX" mode. As long as you have that enabled it will make any addon you install point to the Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D folder for installation. The program basically inserts an "fsx.exe" file in the P3D folder for you FSX addon's installation folder so he installing application will see it and install. Once you have your addon loaded, you can then go back to the FSX to P3D Migration Tool and turn off the 'virtual FSX" mode. That's all there is to it.

So, if I understand correctly, if I want to install anything, it's as if it is for the first time into FSX, but it would go into P3D instead?

What about an aircraft or other addon that does not have an installer?

NC