PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Slap for helicopters, not working

Lionheart
April 16th, 2013, 09:27
Hey all,

Does anyone have 'Rotor Slap' installed for their helicopters in Prepar3D and have any issues with it working? Does anyone know what might cause it to not function?

Bill
LHC

Marvin Carter
April 16th, 2013, 11:04
Bill the rotor slap really only work in turns and when you slow down. Have you tried that first???

OleBoy
April 16th, 2013, 11:53
To my knowledge, Bill, it has never worked at all in Prepar3D whatsoever. I messed with it back when I was painting the Nemeth AS350. At the time it sounded like a nice mod for feel. I mentioned it over at Hovercontrol back then and it was like no one cared to investigate why it wouldn't work. So I deleted it.

Dain Arns
April 16th, 2013, 15:24
I don't have P3D, but I would guess that the xml files that were written for BladeSlap are probably referencing Microsoft/FSX locations, and might need to be edited to P3D ones instead.

As long as the BladeSlap gauges and sub folder, and the BladeSlap Sounds and its sub folders are under the correct Gauges and Sound respectively, in the main directory...
Then it's just a matter of editing the corresponding panel cfg file for the helicopter you want to add the sound to, and adding the gauges notations in the VCockpit01 section, per the instructions. :kilroy:

Lionheart
April 16th, 2013, 19:02
I don't have P3D, but I would guess that the xml files that were written for BladeSlap are probably referencing Microsoft/FSX locations, and might need to be edited to P3D ones instead.

As long as the BladeSlap gauges and sub folder, and the BladeSlap Sounds and its sub folders are under the correct Gauges and Sound respectively, in the main directory...
Then it's just a matter of editing the corresponding panel cfg file for the helicopter you want to add the sound to, and adding the gauges notations in the VCockpit01 section, per the instructions. :kilroy:

BRILLIANT!

Thanks Dain! I'll check their routing.

Bill

Lionheart
April 16th, 2013, 20:15
Didnt work. All looked correct. Tried a couple of more tricks which also didnt work.

Its gone. Ive done all that I can. Declaring this one passed, time 9:14PM Phoenix time. RIP.

Naruto-kun
April 16th, 2013, 22:35
If the gauge uses DirectSound then it wont work in P3D as it will be looking specifically for a instance of FSX to be running.

Dain Arns
April 17th, 2013, 14:26
If the gauge uses DirectSound then it wont work in P3D as it will be looking specifically for a instance of FSX to be running.

Yep. That would be the cause. :kilroy:

Lionheart
April 19th, 2013, 11:47
Nope, this was using the dsd sound gauge; dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau

Naruto-kun
April 19th, 2013, 12:01
I believe Doug Dawson's gauge uses DirectSound. DirectSound is the audio engine of DirectX. I could be wrong though...

OleBoy
April 19th, 2013, 13:38
I was always curious why someone didn't fix it per-say so that it did work in Prepar3D. Not that I'm knowledgeable in any type of coding, although I would think (for someone skilled in those coding areas) it would be fairly simple process to get it to work.

n4gix
April 20th, 2013, 06:45
Nope, this was using the dsd sound gauge; dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau
Doug's gauge requires DirectSound...