PDA

View Full Version : The lads in NIgeria are getting bolder...

Prowler1111
April 15th, 2013, 12:06
Gents:
Check this out, i just received this email:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Intelligence Field Unit J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C.

I am Special Agent Jason Gale from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Intelligence Field Unit, we Intercepted two consignment boxes at JFK Airport, New York, the boxes were scanned but found out that it contained large sum of money ($4.1 million) and also some backup documents which bears your name as the Beneficiary/Receiver of the money, Investigation carried out on the diplomat that accompanied the boxes into the United States, said that he was to deliver the fund to your residence as overdue payment owed to you by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the security company in the United Kingdom.

Meanwhile, we cross check all legal documents in the boxes but we found out that your consignment was lacking an important document and we cannot release the boxes to the diplomat until the document is found, right now we have no other choice than to confiscated your consignment.

According to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) in Title 26 also contain reporting requirement on a Form 8300, Report of Cash Payment Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, money laundering activity may violate 18 USC 1956, 18 USC 1957, 18 USC 1960, and provision of Title 31, and 26 USC 6050I of the United States Code (USC), this section will discuss only those money laundering and currency violation under the jurisdiction of IRS, your consignment lacks proof of ownership certificate from the joint team of IRS and IRC, therefore you need to reply back immediately for direction on how to procure this certificate to enable us relieved the charge of evading the law on you, which is a punishable offense in the United States.

You are required to reply back within 72hours or you will be prosecuted in a court of law for money laundering, also you are instructed to desist from further contact with any bank(s) or person(s) in Nigeria or the United kingdom or any part of the world regarding your payment because your consignment has been confiscated by the Federal Bureau here in the United States.

Yours In Service,
Agent Jason Gale
Regional Deputy Director
Intelligence Field Unit

the senderīs email address is the following (who cares if he gets bombarded by spam ;) ) AGENT JASON GALE (UJEXT@proof.ocn.ne.jp)
If you got any friend in the Bureau, here is something for them to do in their spare time

BUT you got to give it to them, they are getting bolder with time.
Best regards
Prowler

Navy Chief
April 15th, 2013, 12:44
I googled Jason Gale, and it is obvious, as you said, Ron, that this is definitely spam!!!

NC

gradyhappyg
April 15th, 2013, 12:50
You should have known you couldn't slip 4.1 gajillion Nigerian dollars by the fake FBI agent with some of the worst grammar in the history of the agency. This coming from a near illiterate southern county boy. Come on Nigeria if you are going to try and scam us do us the courtesy of not butchering our language. Leave that to us.

Willy
April 15th, 2013, 16:13
Obvious scam. You would get a personal visit from the FBI over that kind of money.

glh
April 15th, 2013, 17:09
Prowler -- A possible response for you.

====== Sarcasm ======
Dear Mr. Gale:

I am the President and CEO of a drug company that was secretly contacted by the Nigerian government. They had uncovered an Al-Qaida plot to unleash a combined anthrax and smallpox biological attack within that country not
later than two weeks from now.

They contacted us, wanting to purchase our full supply of antidote to both biological toxins. We agreed to furnish them with 1 million units of antidote for each of the two toxins -- a total of 2 million units. Payment in the amount
of $4.1 million dollars US was agreed upon with shipment of the antidote to commence after payment was received, validated and deposited in our account.

Your seizure of the payment due us has had the effect of delaying the shipment of antidote to Nigeria. The clock on the two week window of delivery is ticking and we certainly cannot be held responsible for the actions of your agency to endanger citizens of Nigeria. After the forthcoming disaster in that country has occured, release of your communication to me will certainly result in massively predjudicial publicity against your agency, possible Congressional inquiry and, most certainly, the end of your career.

I urge you to reconsider and release the payment to continue on its journey.

Thank you.
====== Sarcasm ended ======

Sieggie
April 16th, 2013, 10:00
The illiterate use of the English language should tell you immediately that it was not from the IRS, most likely from DHS or INS!

Dave

mgchrist5
April 16th, 2013, 10:24
The illiterate use of the English language should tell you immediately that it was not from the IRS, most likely from DHS or INS!

:icon_lol: That would be even funnier if it weren't so maddeningly true!

Several years ago my friend had a rather amusing series of back & forth exchanges with one of these scammers; weaving an elaborate tale of how he needed to obtain funding from his mother, but she was inaccessible at the moment due to her ongoing commitments ruling her underwater kingdom of Atlantis. Over the top nonsense like that. Through it all, the scammer STILL kept responding to my friend's emails as if he was still a legitimate prospect for quick cash. I guess greed is a powerful (and illogical) motivating force.

Willy
April 16th, 2013, 10:48
Once, I made the offer to one of them to have Merc Air come in and take over the country for the small fee of $1000 Million. Never heard from him again.

Prowler1111
April 16th, 2013, 11:42
:icon_lol: That would be even funnier if it weren't so maddeningly true!

Several years ago my friend had a rather amusing series of back & forth exchanges with one of these scammers; weaving an elaborate tale of how he needed to obtain funding from his mother, but she was inaccessible at the moment due to her ongoing commitments ruling her underwater kingdom of Atlantis. Over the top nonsense like that. Through it all, the scammer STILL kept responding to my friend's emails as if he was still a legitimate prospect for quick cash. I guess greed is a powerful (and illogical) motivating force.

Actually, for these SOBīs any response is a good response as long as they get the info they need.It doesnīt matter what you say, if you give them your details, there is money on it (even as they are fake, they sell email addresses and personal information by bulk to spammers) and if you bite the hook, then youīre done. Funny stuff, talking to some guys over this, one reminded that back in the 80īs (pre-email era) you got these kind of scams via FAX, which back then, no internet or no real way to check itīs veracity, made it an extremely profitable scheme...

Prowler

oldpropfan
April 17th, 2013, 01:01
Since when did the FBI contract out it's email service to a network service provider in Japan?:pop4: Man, talk about outsourcing, ISP's must be getting too slow in DC :icon_lol::icon_lol:

KellyB
April 17th, 2013, 04:52
Since when did the FBI contract out it's email service to a network service provider in Japan?:pop4: Man, talk about outsourcing, ISP's must be getting too slow in DC :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sequester.

yank51
April 17th, 2013, 05:16
Along these same lines, I received a phone call supposedly from MicroSoft. The jerk on the line was trying to tell me that MS had discovered I had security problems with my computer. I said to him, "REALLY? are you sure?" I then proceeded to tell him to "give me a break will ya" and hung up on him. I then turned to my wife, as we were watching something on TV together, and just gave her a quick run down on what had just happened. I frankly couldn't believe that they would have called me for this, but, after thinking about it, I realised that there are many out thee who would have bought into this. What a scam.....