PDA

View Full Version : Mission Crashes

PRang
October 4th, 2008, 13:14
Hello
I have downloaded the following missions:
1. "Graveley_airbase" series by SPQR33 and it keeps on crashing.
I have looked at everything that I can thing of, with no solution except that I do not have "Sweep1.Spawns" in my files and the "Directive = "Sweep1" is not recoqnized . Does these have any effect on the program and does anybody know how to fix it?

2. "Nachtjaeger vs Fortress Schweinfurt_Regensburg" by Mongoose44; it also crashes. Maybe "airdefense" spawns is the culprit? Where can I get that file? Any suggestions on anything will be greatly appreciated.

And by-the-way ETO Expansion looks and runs great. Thanks to all involved

Any help from anybody?

PRang :banghead:

rcafmad
October 5th, 2008, 11:17
PRang

The only one I can help you with is "Graverley_airbase." Scroll to bottom of mission and check Facility ID. These have to have number assigned.
Check your facility folder for number.

Hope this helps.

rcafmad
October 5th, 2008, 14:13
PRang

I should have said. flak_mobil_defences

Give it a try.

PRang
October 7th, 2008, 05:26
Thanks rcafmad

The Schweinfurt mission is working now; still do not know is the spawns are working.

On Graveley - I checked everything you mentioned. I have all the facilities and they are numbered; still it gives me "mission failed to load" I will keep on checking' it could be something simple that I am overlooking. I have changed Directive = "Sweep1" to just "sweep" since the game does not understand 'Sweep1".

I still do not have "sweep1.spawns". Will the mission still work even if I do not have that specific spawn??

I will keep on trying

Thanks

Prang

rcafmad
October 7th, 2008, 16:36
PRang.

The Graverley_airbase missions make reference to acc_electric_lights. Download these lights from SOH\Scenery\lights_ facilities_ zip. Page 3

This might be the answer.

PRang
October 8th, 2008, 17:46
Hello rcafmad :ernae:

I have narrowed it down to this line in all four missions on the "Graveley_field" series.

<Goals>
<Goal FacilityID="GR" Points="1" DamagePercent="15"/>
</Goals>

If I "comment out" this line, the game will not crash; but, then, I do not have a target to attack specially in the 'Gaveley Field Destroy" (Ju_88a_4) mission. The other three are mostly dogfights.

qclocation.xml does not have it listed; thou, global_layer.csv has it. ACC Graveley is 1942, I believe. Gobal layer uses CFS3europe1943.xml - a conflict? Scenedb has it listed as currently installed.

When I start the game and go to QC and I try to find Gravely it is not listed (gclocation???). The same with "GR"

The games have TargetID="9167" listed but I cannot find "9167" anywhere.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. In the mean time, I will continue with my search and fly those dogfight sorties and forget about destroying the field. They are a lot of fun

Thanks for your suggestions they were helpful. I have everything required for the game except for the "Sweep1.spawns"

PRang :cost1:

rcafmad
October 9th, 2008, 08:27
PRang.

This has been a learning experience for me. I am new to CFS3 and the help form this forum is always available.

"GR" stands for Airfield Construction Corps-RAF Graverley 1942. It is available from SOH. Read it carefully.

PRang
October 14th, 2008, 07:29
Problem solved :jump:

It had to do with the way Scenedb places the new airfields that was causing the problem. Thanks to Clive :applause: :medals: that resolved this problem for me and now I can play the games with a minor problem to solve.

Thanks to everyone for their help :ernae:

PRang:icon_lol: