PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight - Canberra PR9 soon!

ZsoltB
April 14th, 2013, 23:38
http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra

noddy
April 15th, 2013, 04:49
Great news, look forward to having this in my FSX collection. Also the Typhoon is most welcome.

thefrog
April 15th, 2013, 11:01
http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra
Great! How soon is soon though, I wonder....?

Ian Warren
April 15th, 2013, 11:34
For some off us lucky buggers , we get the oppitunity to climb into a cockpit and get the real feel as the nose of the Royal Air Forces ex raspberry ripple Canberra B MkII , would be nice to see fish bowl variant added with the glazed bombardiers position and let me tell that is one heck of a tight squeeze getting into that prone position , but if not be great to have this one .:cool: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Martyn
June 25th, 2013, 06:04
We have posted new screenshots: http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

bruce448
June 25th, 2013, 08:48
Cant wait for this, Just need a T17A to recreate my time on 360 (RN/RAF) Sqn at one time we had the youngest squadron in the RAF with the oldest airframe WD955 (Echo Mike).

Bruce

burcham8
June 25th, 2013, 10:45
Great news...simply cannot have too many Cranberries! :applause:

Marc

warchild
June 25th, 2013, 11:16
Paul and I started the flight model together some months ago, then my health gave out and he ran with it on his own finding a PR-9 pilot to get information from and hopefully some testing. `You all know how persnickety paul and i can be about our flight models so I know he did a great job..
Pam

delta_lima
June 25th, 2013, 12:30
That's great news (that the FDE is progressing well, not about your health!) - and of course about the PR9 materialising in FSX in general.

I've been itching for either a PR9 or a B (1) Mk 8 - love those off-set canopies!!

Hoping that not just the hemp-coloured scheme of the 1990s will be included - this variant saw service from the 1960s - hoping some of the camo paints either come included, or get repainted. For some reason, most representations of this plane focus on its later life-would be exciting to see the earlier schemes too ....

Looking forward to this - a likely buy for me!

DL

warchild
June 25th, 2013, 13:15
That's great news (that the FDE is progressing well, not about your health!) - and of course about the PR9 materialising in FSX in general.

I've been itching for either a PR9 or a B (1) Mk 8 - love those off-set canopies!!

Hoping that not just the hemp-coloured scheme of the 1990s will be included - this variant saw service from the 1960s - hoping some of the camo paints either come included, or get repainted. For some reason, most representations of this plane focus on its later life-would be exciting to see the earlier schemes too ....

DL

Well, I have not been in touch with paul for some time as we got shuffled from one messaging system to another and my facebook account finally being hacked. I turly do not know if he has continued what we started but it's my assumption that he did..

delta_lima
June 25th, 2013, 16:00
Cool - here's hoping your efforts are reflected in the final product.

DL

Martyn
June 26th, 2013, 00:05

DL

Rest assured that a variety of liveries will be included in the final product, this is just the livery created for development/testing purposes.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

Barnes
June 26th, 2013, 08:09
Looks fantastic guys - Just Flight is certainly upping the standards - I look forward to this as I remember Flight Refuelling flying them out of Tarrant Rushton airfield (Dorset) in the 70s!

IanHenry
June 26th, 2013, 08:33
Looks fantastic guys - Just Flight is certainly upping the standards - I look forward to this as I remember Flight Refuelling flying them out of Tarrant Rushton airfield (Dorset) in the 70s!

Barnes, how old were you?

Ian.

delta_lima
June 26th, 2013, 08:46

That's impressive, given your birth year appears to be 1980 ... around when the field closed ... :icon_lol: ... Just kidding around - assuming your age detail in the forum is in error.

I wasn't aware the PR9 had IFR probes fitted - was it a trial mod? I confess I'm not as well versed in "Cranberries" as others here - cool that there are experts who actually worked on/with these ...

Martyn, thanks for the reply. It wasn't meant as a dig to what scheme you were showing in your dev shots. Just searching for images of the PR9 online overwhelmingly results in photos of the hemp - that's more what I was trying to get at. Of course, I didn't expect all the liveries to be necessarily shown during development - it was just a hope that they'd emerge at some point. Knowing that they're coming is fine enough for me.

cheers,

DL

Barnes
June 26th, 2013, 23:17
Barnes, how old were you?

Ian.

LOL - ive been caught lying re my age! I was in my early teens when I used to often fly in to Tarrant with friendly aircraft owners and see both the FR operations and then the gliding.

Martyn
August 19th, 2013, 01:09
We should have some new screenshots showing the progress on the VC soon but until then here is a preview of a couple of the 2D pop-ups:

(all switches/knobs are functional)

Martyn
August 20th, 2013, 01:25
Here is a preview of the bump and specular mapping:

http://justflight.info/screenshots/Canberra/Can_Ext.jpg

VC screenshot will be posted tomorrow!

hschuit
August 20th, 2013, 03:14
Thanks for posting the updates, what an awesome aircraft: Steam gauges, screaming turbojets and British, what else do you need ! This one is in the top 3 of my addon aircraft wishlist :salute:

cheers, Henk.

Ian Warren
August 20th, 2013, 03:36
It dose look Great .. funny .. the old flip top lid , i mean nose ... wonder how the chap felt climbing into that on a long duration flight :icon_eek: , we have the nose of all things the Raspberry Ripple Canberra , one open to the public and crikey .. people joke about me being skinny but jimmy crawling into the glazed bomb aimer position really is closterfobic :pop4: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Chris Sykes
August 20th, 2013, 05:27
Thanks for posting the updates, what an awesome aircraft: Steam gauges, screaming turbojets and British, what else do you need ! This one is in the top 3 of my addon aircraft wishlist :salute:

cheers, Henk.

A cup of Tea and Scones? I cant wait for this, Martyn any plans on the other marks?

Martyn
August 21st, 2013, 01:30
Currently we only have plans to do the PR9 (with and without camera pod), however if this release is a success we will of course consider other variants too.

Here are the promised VC previews:

http://justflight.info/screenshots/Canberra/Can_VC.jpg
http://justflight.info/screenshots/Canberra/Can_VC_2.jpg

Barnes
August 21st, 2013, 03:06
Great work :salute:

Chris Sykes
August 21st, 2013, 04:37
Currently we only have plans to do the PR9 (with and without camera pod), however if this release is a success we will of course consider other variants too.

Here are the promised VC previews:

http://justflight.info/screenshots/Canberra/Can_VC.jpg
http://justflight.info/screenshots/Canberra/Can_VC_2.jpg

Thanks Martyn, i think it will suceed! Deffinatly looking forward to this one!

TARPSBird
August 21st, 2013, 12:21
For some off us lucky buggers , we get the oppitunity to climb into a cockpit and get the real feel as the nose of the Royal Air Forces ex raspberry ripple Canberra B MkII , would be nice to see fish bowl variant added with the glazed bombardiers position and let me tell that is one heck of a tight squeeze getting into that prone position , but if not be great to have this one .:cool: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Ian, in the B MkII version I assume there is a seat for the bombardier when he's not lying down in the nose...?

warchild
August 21st, 2013, 12:30
Ian:
Is Paul still doing the flight model?? :) :)

Geomitrak
August 21st, 2013, 13:00

I think this is going to be JF's biggest success so far. The PR9 is a favourite aircraft of many in the UK, and you really seem to be doing it justice. Looking forward to it ! :)

Ian Warren
August 21st, 2013, 13:16
Ian, in the B MkII version I assume there is a seat for the bombardier when he's not lying down in the nose...?
On the bomber variant you crawl thru on the alloy floor and lay prone on cushions ... it really is a tight squeeze getting in the nose , at Wigram we have a ex-RAAF machine that was used in Vietnam and down south 50 miles away the nose to the RAE RAF Raspberry ripple B.Mk2 , but yes returns to his seat aft of the pilot .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
August 21st, 2013, 13:48
Ian:
Think this is directed at me , Pam I don't no the design team other than its "Just-flight" in house design team :cool:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/08/21/P4Oj.jpg

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Martyn
August 22nd, 2013, 00:08
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I am currently busy working on the code for the autopilot system, we are aiming to have everything working as per the real aircraft :wiggle:

Ian:

Yes, Paul is working on the flight model for us.

Martyn

Martyn
August 23rd, 2013, 00:49
We have just posted a new batch of screenshots here: http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra

Martyn
October 11th, 2013, 01:18
Just wanted to show off some of the progress that we have made:

dhazelgrove
October 11th, 2013, 03:32
Yum!

Dave

Ian Warren
October 11th, 2013, 11:33
I really do like the idea of the panel selection icon , she is looking superb! :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Geomitrak
October 11th, 2013, 14:17
I really do like the idea of the panel selection icon...

I agree - an excellent idea. Very much looking forward to the release, it looks terrific. Well done so far, JF. :guinness:

Martyn
October 12th, 2013, 03:29
An easy/simple system for opening the numerous 2D panels was considered by us to be vital as the Canberra has more than the nine 2D panels that can be opened using Shift+E+2 etc.

As you can see in the image there are three additional icons that will allow you to open/close the canopy and nav hatch, as well as configuring the aircraft in a cold/dark state.

Martyn

Geomitrak
October 13th, 2013, 00:27
Martyn, presumably you can bring up and dismiss that 'panel-selection' panel with the keyboard, yes ? Rather than having to click on Views/cockpit/ instrument panel etc...

Martyn
October 13th, 2013, 05:41
Martyn, presumably you can bring up and dismiss that 'panel-selection' panel with the keyboard, yes ? Rather than having to click on Views/cockpit/ instrument panel etc...

The panel selector can be toggled using a small arrow that will be on the edge of the screen. It will also be linked to Shift+2.

Martyn

Geomitrak
October 13th, 2013, 10:53
The panel selector can be toggled using a small arrow that will be on the edge of the screen. It will also be linked to Shift+2.

Martyn

Excellent! Thanks very much. :)

Martyn
October 15th, 2013, 01:19
For those of you who don't visit our Facebook page, here is a preview of one of the features on the radio panel. The SL30 unit featured in our upcoming Canberra PR9 will include a very handy function that allows you to save commonly used COM/NAV frequencies from within the cockpit and then recall them from the units memory at a later date!

Geomitrak
November 3rd, 2013, 06:00
Will JF's Canberra XH134 also be available in its new silver paint scheme ? It looks much nicer than the 'hemp' colour.

http://globalaviationresource.com/v2/2013/09/04/aviation-news-new-colours-for-midair-squadrons-canberra-pr9-xh134-g-omhd/

delta558
November 3rd, 2013, 11:08
I think that has been mentioned somewhere, in fact I can say that it definitely was asked in the Just Flight facebook page (I just found it) and the answer was positive!

Geomitrak
November 3rd, 2013, 21:26
Great ! Thanks for that, Delta. :)

Martyn
November 3rd, 2013, 23:40
We'll be including every livery/scheme that the PR9 wore :salute:

Martyn
November 4th, 2013, 02:16
Work is progressing well on the VC texturing:

I'm currently busy coding the hydraulic system :sleep:

dhazelgrove
November 4th, 2013, 05:37
I'm currently busy coding the hydraulic system :sleep:

Keep calm. Don't get in a flap. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Dave

Ian Warren
November 4th, 2013, 13:13
Work is progressing well on the VC texturing:

I do like those, the affect over the panel shroud really gives that 3d affect and as if you can almost throw your maps up there :cool:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Geomitrak
November 4th, 2013, 14:10
We'll be including every livery/scheme that the PR9 wore :salute:

Thanks for the confirmation, Martyn. And that instrument panel looks very realistic indeed.

Sundog
November 4th, 2013, 14:36
Nice panel pics. :)

I like that silver paint paint scheme as well. I'm definitely looking forward to this release as the PR.9 is my favorite version of the British Canberra's.

Martyn
November 18th, 2013, 00:44
Here is a preview of the fuel system on our upcoming Canberra PR9.

You will be able to feed fuel to the engines from a choice of four tanks, fuel can also be transferred between the wing tanks > rear tank and top tanks > belly tank.

You can manage the fuel system with the handy fuel overview panel shown in this image. It will be updated in real-time to show how much fuel is in each tank, as well as the position of the fuel cocks/pumps!

Ian Warren
November 18th, 2013, 11:15
I do like these progress screens:smile: coming along very nicely . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Martyn
November 26th, 2013, 02:23
Hi all,

A list of the features included in the upcoming Canberra are now available on the in-development page: http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra

Hopefully they'll be a pleasant surprise!

Thanks
Martyn

Ian Warren
November 26th, 2013, 12:21
That really dose look Extra Snazzy Martyn :cool: , its an amazing cockpit to climb into.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

WarHorse47
November 26th, 2013, 13:52
I am really excited about this. EVERYTHING looks great.

RAS_JF
November 27th, 2013, 04:17
Here's a very quick video of the Canberra cockpit. To quote our Facebook page:
We've started to get the XML controlled 3D virtual cockpit instruments to talk to the C++ gauges, and here is a very quick look at the results so far. It's all still under-development of course so no need to point out the bits that aren't currently working :-)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152122002454363&set=vb.15266573498&type=2&theater

YoYo
November 27th, 2013, 04:25
It will have installer for P3Dv2 too? : )

dhazelgrove
November 27th, 2013, 05:39
{fx: drooooool}

Can't wait.

{/fx}

Dave

Martyn
November 27th, 2013, 10:49
We are currently looking for experienced beta testers to assist us in the testing of this upcoming Canberra PR9 (http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra). If you have previous experience testing a high-level FSX aircraft (anything from an A2A C172 to a VRS F/A-18 to a PMDG 777) and would be willing to devote some of your precious time to testing our Canberra PR9, please drop me a message.

If you have real-world experience on an aircraft of a similar type but no experience testing FSX aircraft, we would also love to hear from you! This aircraft is being developed with the direct input of three ex-PR9 pilots, but the more input the better!

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
December 2nd, 2013, 02:39

Progress on the right console

Ian Warren
December 2nd, 2013, 10:25
I really do like those textures ..Sweet !

big-mike
December 2nd, 2013, 11:09
That`s looking very,very nice.:applause:
Mike

dhazelgrove
December 2nd, 2013, 22:33
Looking forward to giving myself this for Christmas.

Ho Ho Ho!!

Dave

RAS_JF
December 9th, 2013, 23:44
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1476017_10151831712498499_49017009_n.jpg

WIP shot of the Canberra's right-hand control panels. Garmin unit should be going in later this week!

dhazelgrove
December 10th, 2013, 03:38
WIP shot of the Canberra's right-hand control panels. Garmin unit should be going in later this week![/I]

Tease!

Dave

Martyn
December 12th, 2013, 02:55
A preview showing the PR9 in Prepar3D v2:

RAS_JF
December 24th, 2013, 03:08
Putting her away for Christmas now. From everyone at Just Flight, we hope you all have a great Christmas!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/CanberraPic.png

RAS_JF
January 2nd, 2014, 11:14
Garmin controls and touchscreen now fully integrated into the VC.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/can2.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/can1.jpg

YoYo
January 2nd, 2014, 12:00
Simply WOW! P3Dv2?

Roger
January 2nd, 2014, 12:19
Wow too:jump:

Martyn
January 7th, 2014, 00:19
Here are some preview shots of the PR9 in P3Dv2:

Martyn
January 29th, 2014, 03:19
Two more preview images (release date is mid-Feb):

flaviossa
January 29th, 2014, 03:37
Amazing work :applause:

Martyn
February 4th, 2014, 02:26
A short preview video showing an engine start (aircraft is still WIP):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k73JhIKdyRs

cortomalteseit
February 4th, 2014, 07:26
Congratulations, Martyn!
This aircraft looks very promising, your video is the proof that you're doing a great work!
Looking forward to fly this beauty soon,
cheers

Roger
February 4th, 2014, 08:53
Great video! How did you click the switches without seeing the mouse pointer, or was it all key commands?

Martyn
February 4th, 2014, 09:17
Great video! How did you click the switches without seeing the mouse pointer, or was it all key commands?

Hi Roger,

That's just a result of recording the video using Fraps (recording software). There is an option for hiding/displaying the mouse pointer.

Martyn

Ian Warren
February 4th, 2014, 10:18
Most Excellent :cool:

Pips
February 4th, 2014, 12:52
This is probably a dumb question but........ why I the cockpit siding higher on the starboard side than the port side?

JensOle
February 4th, 2014, 12:59
The late B.8 and PR.9 had an offset fighter type canopy to the port side. British engineering...

WarHorse47
February 4th, 2014, 13:17
This is probably a dumb question but........ why I the cockpit siding higher on the starboard side than the port side?Excellent question.

I had to do a little research on this and reach my own conclusion.

Many of the later model Canberras had the entire front end redesigned. I noticed with the Canberra B(I) Mk8 (in one of my reference pictures) that it retained the access door on the Starboard side of the a/c as was designed with all previous versions.

My guess is that they decided to retain the inline canopy on the Port side for the PR9 to maintain design and structural integrity.

Martyn
February 4th, 2014, 14:05
I would highly recommend two books on the RAF Canberra's - 'The Last Canberra' (which focuses on the PR9 variant) and 'Bucket of sunshine' (which focuses on the B(I)8 variant).

The PR9 served at RAF Wyton which is only a couple of miles from Just Flight HQ and a fellow student of mine at school lost her father in a PR9 crash nearby, so the aircraft type certainly has significance to us. Its a fascinating aircraft which is a more challenging hands-on type than most jets out there. For example the fuel system will keep you busy in the cruise!

Martyn

ZsoltB
February 4th, 2014, 19:18
I am looking forward!

RAS_JF
February 7th, 2014, 03:46
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/fsx2014-02-0515-17-30-38.png

Dumonceau
February 9th, 2014, 03:40
Having destroyed several keyboards in the meantime by simply drooling on them, is a release date in sight here?! :jump:

Martyn
February 9th, 2014, 04:05
Not long now, within the next week or two!

RAS_JF
February 9th, 2014, 04:53
Another pic just to keep the fluids flowing... :rapture:

This one of the canopy in the taxi position:

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/fsx_CanberraTaxiCan.png

Dumonceau
February 9th, 2014, 05:52
Does this mean that I can deduct the price of my keyboards from the actual purchase price?? :encouragement:

Couldn't resist!

Geomitrak
February 9th, 2014, 11:10
All Canberras had the pilot's seat and controls offset to the left side of the cockpit - its just a bit more obvious with the PR9's fighter-style canopy. I used to play inside an old Canberra when I was a child - as you entered through the door, you could turn right into the glazed nose, left towards the two crew positions behind the pilot, or up into the pilots position. On the same patch of ground sat a virtually complete Handley Page Hastings, and two Avro Lincolns. You can imagine the fun we boys had.

JensOle
February 9th, 2014, 11:29
The model looks great! Looking forward to fly it in FS. Any plans for converting it into a mark 8?

Without being an expert on the topic, I believe most if not all of the British bombers (including the Lancaster, halifax and stirling had the pilot (skipper/AC) seat on the left side, so it sounds natural they continued this with the Canberra.

Geomitrak
February 9th, 2014, 20:04
Without being an expert on the topic, I believe most if not all of the British bombers (including the Lancaster, halifax and stirling had the pilot (skipper/AC) seat on the left side, so it sounds natural they continued this with the Canberra.

The Stirling had a conventional pilot and co-pilot cockpit layout.

TARPSBird
February 9th, 2014, 21:58
You can hardly tell the cockpit screenshots from actual color photos of the real thing. Beautiful work!

JensOle
February 9th, 2014, 23:23
The Stirling had a conventional pilot and co-pilot cockpit layout.

I know, my point was that the AC seat was on the left.

Martyn
February 10th, 2014, 00:08
Any plans for converting it into a mark 8?

Not at present, but if there is sufficient demand for any project then we will consider it.

The B(I)8 is actually a significantly different beast in terms of cockpit instrumentation/design and nose area.

WhiskeyEcho
February 10th, 2014, 00:10
The righthand seat in the back was co-pilot and slid forward into position when pilot aboard, that is until ejection seats were fitted, where the co-pilot's swung forward to let the Nav in to the back, then swung back in to position.

Martyn
February 10th, 2014, 00:48
Well worth a read: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bucket-Sunshine-Life-Canberra-Squadron/dp/0752470213/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392025654&sr=8-1&keywords=a+bucket+of+sunshine

ZsoltB
February 10th, 2014, 06:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IS35H8a10E

Great sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3YNHj7x6gk

Geomitrak
February 11th, 2014, 11:37
I know, my point was that the AC seat was on the left.

Ah okay, wires got crossed there. You mentioned the Stirling and I assumed you thought it had a single pilot, who sat on the left.

RAS_JF
February 12th, 2014, 08:04
New liveries beginning to come online...

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/Canberra_3.png

ZsoltB
February 12th, 2014, 08:12
This week released?

:redfire:

WarHorse47
February 12th, 2014, 08:13
New liveries beginning to come online...

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/Canberra_3.pngLooks beautiful, but what do you mean "coming online"? Is the Canberra being released?

RAS_JF
February 12th, 2014, 08:40
I believe the release date and details of a pre-order offer should be available tomorrow/Friday.

ZsoltB
February 12th, 2014, 08:52
I believe the release date and details of a pre-order offer should be available tomorrow/Friday.

Sounds good!

Possible U.S. dollar to pay?

RAS_JF
February 12th, 2014, 08:56
Yes. We take Dollar, Euro or Sterling via Credit, Debit or PayPal.

ZsoltB
February 12th, 2014, 09:01
Yes. We take Dollar, Euro or Sterling via Credit, Debit or PayPal.

I'm ready!
I can pay PAYPAL $

big-mike
February 12th, 2014, 12:31
I'm ready!
I can pay PAYPAL $

Me too----can`t wait!!!
Mike

Ferry_vO
February 12th, 2014, 12:53
Me too----can`t wait!!!
Mike

Believe me, it will be worth the wait!

It is an extremely detailed simulation of a very interesting and somewhat peculiar aircraft.

dhazelgrove
February 12th, 2014, 13:27
Believe me, it will be worth the wait!

It is an extremely detailed simulation of a very interesting and somewhat peculiar aircraft.

"Peculiar"?

Doesn't even come close. Buy it - you won't believe it.

Dave

Ferry_vO
February 12th, 2014, 13:40
"Peculiar"?

Doesn't even come close. Buy it - you won't believe it.

Won't have to - been flying it for weeks already. ;-)

delta558
February 12th, 2014, 16:14
To give an idea of just one of the 'peculiarities' - The flaps. It has been commented on regularly in testing, and will probably be one of the more common questions upon release so a brief description of their effect may help:

Simple two position (up or down) flaps, primarily used for drag rather than lift. They do add a lot of drag, "Of interest the Fleet Air Arm and FRADU always raised the flaps during a roller, unlike the RAF who always left them down".
They have a strong pitching effect, which is commented on in the Pilots' Notes. Also, "When flaps are selected down you would pause a second or two then start trimming fully nose down. This would more or less balance out the change in trim force. However you would run out of trim before the flaps had finished travelling with the last 5 seconds or so developing a small push force to prevent the nose rising. This push would gradually decrease as speed reduced."
Both quotes are from a high-houred Canberra pilot who has been a great help in creating the 'feel' of the aircraft. I suspect it's the effect mentioned in that second quotation which may attract comment!

WarHorse47
February 12th, 2014, 17:32
Lets just get on with it and release it. :a1089:

dvj
February 12th, 2014, 21:30
Lets just get on with it and release it. :a1089:

Yah, with all the expert beta testing, it should be perfect! :biggrin-new:

noddy
February 12th, 2014, 23:53
Looking forward to getting my hands on this.

IanHenry
February 13th, 2014, 02:25
I don't think I'm breaking any confidences by telling you that your in for a real treat, your going to love it!

Regards,
Ian.

Alpha Two Zero
February 13th, 2014, 02:55
Just received email from JF offereing Pre order options. Pre-ordered mine with their discount plus my points I had in all not a bad deal. Date given Wednesday 19th for release. Timm

noddy
February 13th, 2014, 03:43
Yep got my email, so will get the order in tonight.

dhazelgrove
February 13th, 2014, 04:00
Ordered.

Dave

ZsoltB
February 13th, 2014, 04:39
I bought it!

:redfire:

Thank you!

Ferry_vO
February 13th, 2014, 05:32
A few more teasers:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1123-06-32-24_zpsef34bec0.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1123-06-32-24_zpsef34bec0.jpg.html)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1223-07-41-11_zpsd5497d81.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1223-07-41-11_zpsd5497d81.jpg.html)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1223-15-30-94_zpsbf81cdaf.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1223-15-30-94_zpsbf81cdaf.jpg.html)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1223-18-15-98_zps8cf7112f.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1223-18-15-98_zps8cf7112f.jpg.html)

HansRoaming
February 13th, 2014, 05:35
Ordered as it's an iconic cold war era jet and also to support this new move to depth that Just Flight have taken.

mohawk3
February 13th, 2014, 06:53
I'm impressed with your project.Canberra was my first love in aviation! Any chance of a pic with the silver livery?
Thanks

bruce448
February 13th, 2014, 06:57
http://s9.postimg.org/4at5c51jz/2014_1_29_11_41_3_986.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/z3qggg5cv/2014_2_3_21_32_14_61.jpg

ZsoltB
February 13th, 2014, 07:46
Appropriate Canberra nest RAF Marham 1993 (http://www.airfieldconstructiongroup.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=73)

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=169054

Dave Torkington
February 13th, 2014, 08:56
Very impressed with the level of detail JF team! Ordered and waiting patiently :applause:

Dave.

big-mike
February 13th, 2014, 12:12
Ordered!
Tomorrow i don`t have to work---great for flying the new toy.
Mike

Roger
February 13th, 2014, 12:55
Pre-ordered mine and impatient for the 19th.

big-mike
February 13th, 2014, 13:12
Pre-ordered mine and impatient for the 19th.

Oh---probably i wished she will rollout tomorrow.Will also have to wait another week.
Mike

IanHenry
February 14th, 2014, 00:34
Just to whet your appetite:
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll15/IanHenry994_2008/2014-2-14_9-17-6-358.png

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll15/IanHenry994_2008/2014-2-14_9-17-57-403.png

If anyone's wondering what the little arrow icon in the top left corner is, it's to access the models many functions.

Regards,
Ian.

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2014, 00:53
And one more from me:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1123-08-39-92_zps7dba20b3.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1123-08-39-92_zps7dba20b3.jpg.html)

:encouragement:

miragecy
February 14th, 2014, 01:56
If anyone's wondering what the little arrow icon in the top left corner is, it's to access the models many functions.

Regards,
Ian.

I hope there is an option for removing the arrow, as I like my screen clear

Andy

RAS_JF
February 14th, 2014, 02:00
I hope there is an option for removing the arrow, as I like my screen clear

Andy

Hi Andy, you can right click and do a "close window" light you would with a normal popup window. It can then be called up again via Views>Instrument Panel

miragecy
February 14th, 2014, 02:33
That's great, thanks!
Andy

ZsoltB
February 14th, 2014, 02:36
Paintkit available?

RAS_JF
February 14th, 2014, 02:45
There will be. I don't know if I can say 100% that it will be in the release of the Canberra next Wednesday, but we certainly have one and will be putting it out there ASAP.

Alpha Two Zero
February 14th, 2014, 04:18
So much looking forward to the release date. I have just one small question why did this aircraft have a yoke control instead of a joystick or was this normal form of control for such a large jet?

RAS_JF
February 14th, 2014, 04:23
I don't know for sure but I think it's a hangover from it's original BI, BII bomber days. Remember, it was the among first generation of bomber aircraft post-WWII. In fact, it was the replacement for the Mosquito.

T6flyer
February 14th, 2014, 05:20
I'm not normally one for jets, but have pre-ordered this on the very good advice of a Jet Provost and Hunter flying friend! :)

Cheers,

Martin

Martyn
February 14th, 2014, 05:28
I'm not normally one for jets, but have pre-ordered this on the very good advice of a Jet Provost and Hunter flying friend! :)

Cheers,

Martin

Mr McCarthy?

He gets around :encouragement:

RAS_JF
February 14th, 2014, 07:12
Hi,
The boxed version is now available for Pre-Order.

http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra-pr9-boxed

Javis
February 14th, 2014, 08:20
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/RichSlater/fsx2014-02-0515-17-30-38.png

That sure's a fine looking ejection seat and cockpit, can we maybe have a look at the occupant too ?

Looking great all over ! :applause: :encouragement:

Martyn
February 14th, 2014, 08:45
This is a close-up of the pilot from the exterior

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2014, 12:42
Any chance of a pic with the silver livery?
Thanks

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1422-10-40-00_zps9b04f20c.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1422-10-40-00_zps9b04f20c.jpg.html)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1422-11-15-42_zps56e6b66c.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1422-11-15-42_zps56e6b66c.jpg.html)

Geomitrak
February 14th, 2014, 13:30
Love that silver finish, and the 80s grey and green too. I won't be pre-ordering ( I never do - I always wait for the post-release reviews ) but if its even half as good as it looks, then Just Flight really has arrived. If it sells well, JF, please consider more Canberra variants, such as the T.17. And to the future, more vintage Brit. :)

Ian Warren
February 15th, 2014, 10:24
The Grey really really dose show the lines very very well :cool:

RAS_JF
February 18th, 2014, 03:20
If you want to get a head start on mastering the Canberra systems, or are just curious as to how much depth has been included in the Canberra then you can download the manual ahead of release tomorrow evening from here: http://microsites.justflight.info/canberra/canberra_pr9_manual.pdf

big-mike
February 18th, 2014, 06:36
Thanks fot he manual.
Mike

dvj
February 18th, 2014, 08:59
That's one amazing manual. :applause:

Ferry_vO
February 18th, 2014, 09:15

And it's not just for show either.. The aircraft is as in-depth as the manual is, so you'll be needing it to help with all the switches and getting used to the aircraft.

Martyn
February 18th, 2014, 10:17

I spent my Christmas/New Year 'holiday' writing it, so I'm glad you like it :eagerness:

This is also a sizeable performance data/chart PDF to accompany the manual.

Ferry_vO
February 18th, 2014, 13:06
The last livery and the only one not shown here yet:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1822-45-48-35_zpseac950ae.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1822-45-48-35_zpseac950ae.jpg.html)

Pre-order time is running out... :running:

WarHorse47
February 18th, 2014, 13:23
Soo... those who pre-ordered the Canberra should be seeing an e-mail notice within a few minutes after midnight in the Cambridge, England? :very_drunk:

Ferry_vO
February 18th, 2014, 13:32
'Somewhere during Wednesday' is the closest I can guess WH, but I don't think it will be released at 00:01 AM local time!

YoYo
February 18th, 2014, 14:11
The last livery and the only one not shown here yet:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1822-45-48-35_zpseac950ae.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-1822-45-48-35_zpseac950ae.jpg.html)

Pre-order time is running out... :running:

Pre order done. First my addon for P3D ;), dedicated for P3Dv2....

ZsoltB
February 18th, 2014, 20:34
Removeable the pilot?

dvj
February 18th, 2014, 22:09
Ok, it's Wednesday someplace in the world, where's my PR9?:banghead:

dhazelgrove
February 18th, 2014, 23:12
Ok, it's Wednesday someplace in the world, where's my PR9?:banghead:

Be grateful they're not talking Alaskan Time.

When they get a Wednesday it's very nearly Thursday somewhere.....

Dave

DaveWG
February 18th, 2014, 23:19
RAS_JF posted yesterday that release was going to be "tommorow evening". Assuming that's UK time, you've got a few hours to wait yet!
I'm at work all day anyway, so that suits me fine :encouragement:

Geomitrak
February 18th, 2014, 23:27
This month's add-on budget is going on the PR9, and not Orbx Northern California. Thats how much I want it.

IanHenry
February 19th, 2014, 00:27
Having spent the last few weeks flying the Pr9, I can tell you, that your going to love it. I's a joy to fly, with one or two (real life) quirks. The guys at Justflight have put a lot of effort into this, and it shows. I think it's going to be one of the favourites in you hanger, who needs glass cockpits, steam ones are far nicer!

Ian.

WarHorse47
February 19th, 2014, 06:17
It's 7:13 am Pacific Time in the Puget Sound which means its 3:13 pm in the United Kingdom.

I cannot understand why JF is waiting until the end of their day to release the PR9.

There is no activity on their forum, and even their last post on Facebook has no answer as to when this will happen. They are still promoting their pre-order sales, however.

It makes no sense to me. Guess I'll just have to check back in about 9 hours.

And when it is released, I bet that download times are going to be very slow as everyone will want to download their purchase at the same time. :banghead:

RAS_JF
February 19th, 2014, 06:21
Hi,
I think we've stated on our forum already today, and in our newsletter etc that the release time is 7pm this evening UK time. Just a few more hours.

WarHorse47
February 19th, 2014, 06:34
Hi,
I think we've stated on our forum already today, and in our newsletter etc that the release time is 7pm this evening UK time. Just a few more hours.Okay, thanks. I missed that.

miragecy
February 19th, 2014, 09:55
Quietness ... :jump:

RAS_JF
February 19th, 2014, 10:04
Any moment now...

If fact I've just seen it pop up in my email. Go!

papab
February 19th, 2014, 17:17
It is out:
http://justflight.com/
Rick