PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak from Quest

TeaSea
January 10th, 2009, 04:56
Hey Lionheart,

Flying Magazine has a write up of the Kodiak this month. Their on line version looks at the Quest factory. Lot's of in construction type photo's.

http://www.flyingmag.com/turbine/1296/tour-the-quest-kodiak-factory.html

Lionheart
January 10th, 2009, 08:39
Many thanks TeaSea,

Should be interesting. I'll run up later and see if I can find it.

I have a gazillion photos that the factory was kind enough to send over on CD's. If I could increase the mesh of the poly counts, I would add the engine, but Ive maxed out the model already.

I think I will call this one the 'Humvee' or 'Hummer' of General Aviation. The thing is built like a tank and built for a long service lifespan.

There are some cool video's on Kodiaks at YouTube if you get a chance to go over there. Some cool footage of grass short field landings.

Bill

TeaSea
January 10th, 2009, 15:38
Can't wait to see it when you're done....Love to be able to afford a real one (sigh).

Timber
February 12th, 2009, 06:08
Can't wait to see it when you're done....Love to be able to afford a real one (sigh).

:amen:TeaSea. Although I'm over the edge for flying the real thing

Lionheart
February 12th, 2009, 07:33
They are sharp planes.. Harrison Ford was looking at one at Oshkosh. I wonder if he is thinking of selling the Beaver and getting one?

The manager emailed me the other day. They are up to a plane every two weeks in production. Thats a LOT of work. Good to hear.

Bill

TeaSea
February 12th, 2009, 14:58
Hell, he can afford both!

Wulf190
February 12th, 2009, 15:01
Thats a plane I wouldn't mind flying. I read the article. Mind blow performance!