PDA

View Full Version : Flight Log Client

dhazelgrove
April 10th, 2013, 04:39
This has arrived at avsim and flightsim.

"Your client software which tracks your flight latitude, longitude, altitude, True Speed, True Bearing and send them to our servers so you can save an history of your flights and see it in a web browser. A little software is in development to install in your PC and cache the map to follow in real time all your upcoming connected friends also. This software is the main key of our community and will act as your black-box also, you'll be able to connect to our community to query the database and see your flight progress on every dates. Flight Log Client IS FREEWARE. Start logging your flights from now and keep an history of you Virtual Pilot life. Requires Peter Dowson's FSUIPC. Updated version (v1.6)."

Am I being paranoid about the possibility of allowing someone else's servers free access to my computer?

Dave

falcon409
April 10th, 2013, 05:28
Any time a piece of software suggests that it opens up the community to allow your "friends" to be connected. . .you have to wonder. Personally, if this had come out about 12 years ago when I was flying 4 hours a day. . .sometimes more. . .I might seriously give it a shot. Nowadays I rarely fly more than 5 or 6 hours a week and could care less about tracking any of it.

Navy Chief
April 10th, 2013, 05:45
Am sure it is a cool app. But I rarely download/install an app unless I am sure I'll use it. Thankfully a lot of them do not install, but operate from a directory. NC