PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Texas.......

luckydog
April 9th, 2013, 05:36
Will be in Llano, TX (KAQO) for the next 3 weeks.......anyone want to get together for a few beers or ?? PM me. LD

Navy Chief
April 9th, 2013, 05:58
Will be in Llano, TX (KAQO) for the next 3 weeks.......anyone want to get together for a few beers or ?? PM me. LD

I won't be in TX, but if you ever make it down to the FT. Myers, FL area, let me know:ernae:

And when I move to Costa Rica (end of next year)....same thing! Pete

Bushpounder
April 9th, 2013, 14:01
Costa Rica? Cool! You still getting hitched, Chief?

Don

ColoKent
April 12th, 2013, 04:57
....I'd be interested in hearing your rationale about that as (I'm assuming here) a retirement spot. I'm still a lot of years off from retirement, but the way things are going, I'm not certain I'll want to spend those years here in the US-- so always looking at and mulling over potential alternatives.

Kent

Navy Chief
April 12th, 2013, 06:01
....I'd be interested in hearing your rationale about that as (I'm assuming here) a retirement spot. I'm still a lot of years off from retirement, but the way things are going, I'm not certain I'll want to spend those years here in the US-- so always looking at and mulling over potential alternatives.

Kent

Colokent & Bushpounder: yep, am still planning to move to Costa Rica. Financial survival is the main reason. I am not encouraged at the direction this country is headed. Enough said on that issue. Am sure those who know me will get the idea.

We (fiancee and I) will go to CR this June for 2 weeks. Besides planning on retaining a lawyer there to begin "residency" paperwork, we will check out some properties. Plans are to rent or lease for a year, then buy. Although the price of living in CR has risen over the years, (due to a large influx of Americans and Canadians), it is still far less expensive to live than the U.S.

I only wish the move was tomorrow.

NC

Bushpounder
April 12th, 2013, 18:14
I remember in the early 80's when Americans were starting to head that way for vacations, and staying! It is pretty. Never been, but the pictures speak! I am happy for you that things are working out so well!!

Don

stansdds
April 13th, 2013, 03:43
Wonder if they need a dentist in Costa Rica?