PDA

View Full Version : Annette Funicello has passed.....

Odie
April 8th, 2013, 09:25
No details yet, but FOX was running an alert banner. Always enjoyed her beach films of the 1960s.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/annette-funicello-mouseketeer-film-star-dies-172321939.html

Terry
April 8th, 2013, 09:38
In this case it's a blessing. I saw a video of her showing her condition, she has been a working brain in a totaly useless body. She could not move any part of her body not even her mouth for eating. RIP

beana51
April 8th, 2013, 10:01
<tbody>
'Mickey Mouse Club' star Annette Funicello dies at 70.

Way too young for her to say goodby!...R.I.P.Dear Annette.!!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOp8jRQYCQ

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

TARPSBird
April 8th, 2013, 10:14
I had a huge crush on Annette when I was in 2nd grade and she was already a big star on the Mickey Mouse Club, even sent away to Disney Studios for her photo. She was still hot in the 1970's when she did the Skippy Peanut Butter commercials. RIP sweetie, you were the first love of millions of American lads. :engel016:

aircav1970
April 8th, 2013, 10:15
This is sad news,I grew up watching her on the Mickey Mouse Club and loved all those Beach movies she did with Frankie Avalon.....this makes me really feel my age.....

TARPSBird
April 8th, 2013, 11:10
The beach movies were corny but Annette was a very talented young lady and she and Frankie made a great couple. Always sad to lose a chunk of your childhood, whether it's a treasured possession or a person.

mgchrist5
April 8th, 2013, 11:51
I had a huge crush on Annette when I was in 2nd grade...

Heck, she was in her 40s by the time I was in middle school, and even I had a crush on her! She had a timeless all-American girl-next-door appeal. RIP, Annette.

Paul Anderson
April 8th, 2013, 12:41
As above, another piece of our lives moving onto the next plane(?).
Assume would be a free boarding pass.
M-I-C-K-E-Y, why? Y, because we love You. (true dat, bon voyage)

Navy Chief
April 8th, 2013, 13:03
I had a crush on her as a kid, after watching "Babes in Toyland"

May God rest her soul..... NC

Daveroo
April 8th, 2013, 14:01
she was awesome....MS is a horrible illness....a friend of mine has it....he still refuses to admit he does..wont speak of it..ect...yet he cant feed himself anymore,,lays in bed most days..has bedsores that they have to put maggots on,most of the time he cant use a bathroom,has to wear diapers,but he has "good days" and his care taker will help him on to his electric power chair and he goes for rides...his left hand still works somewhat so he is able to do that...he was a captain on the auburn fire department,and had been a captain with CDF (Calfire)..out of Morgan hill,,he was then assigned to the air program and did a 5 year stint as the air attack officer ( lucky guy),then he began to get sick so they transfered him to dispatch at grass valley ECC,where he was finnally retired,,,he lives just up the hill from me..but he refuses visitors....we used to fight ( argue ) alot back in the day though...lol...we would have a structure fire or something..after mopup was over ect...he would say to me...davey?....thanks for your time buddy.......used to just irk me something terrible....he also tried to date my sister when we were kids and she totally shot him down...and he allways picked on me for it...lol......he is only 53 btw...

AussieMan
April 8th, 2013, 14:43
I used to think she was a real hottie. RIP Annette.

EasyEd
April 8th, 2013, 17:13
Hey All,

God does amazing things. Imagine Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson passing on the same day. And today he/she (you decide) did it again. Somebody who brought such good fun into the world passing on the same day as Margret Thatcher. May both rest in peace.

-Ed-

modelr
April 8th, 2013, 19:00
I also had a crush on her as a kid. RIP Annette.

RIP also Lady Margaret, a Grand, Great Lady.

The world lost two great women today, Heaven gained two angels.