PDA

View Full Version : RIP Margaret Thatcher

PRB
April 8th, 2013, 04:26
:salute: :unitedkingdom: :salute:

mgchrist5
April 8th, 2013, 04:45
Indeed. :salute:

They certainly don't make 'em like the Iron Lady anymore. Very saddened to hear of her passing...

Terry
April 8th, 2013, 05:00
One of the few politicians I liked. She and Reagan worked well together.

beana51
April 8th, 2013, 06:14
I have been fortunate ,that in my life ,I have seen the unity of England and the United States..Long ago it was Winston Churchill ,and Franklin Roosevelt.....and then Margret Thatcher and Pres. Ronald Reagan.

These were real leaders.and our world was shaped in great part to their leadership.

Margaret Thatcher,and Ronald ,s were soul buddies.Both had clear visions,Both just regular people,No Royalty or Big Money here...Both were in tune with one another. Both new and loved freedom,their country,and their God!

Rarely do we gets giants in history,and these two,in their time,were,and were a shinning example of our two great countries.....R.I.P.Margaret Thatcher...You now belong to the ages!!

This applies to both of these people!!Act 1, Scene 2, Page 6 Julius Caesar!

Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world
Like a Colossus, and we petty men
Walk under his huge legs and peep about
To find ourselves dishonorable graves.
Men at some time are masters of their fates.
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars
But in ourselves, that we are underlings.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/ronthatchDM0102_468x397_zps7be0e56a.jpg

CWOJackson
April 8th, 2013, 06:59
An incredible woman!

Tako_Kichi
April 8th, 2013, 07:40
I hate to disagree with all of you but ... [EDITED]

PRB
April 8th, 2013, 08:41
I'd hate to lock this one so soon... (*sigh*)

huub vink
April 8th, 2013, 09:24
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum (“Of the dead, nothing unless good.”)

arrowmaker
April 8th, 2013, 09:39
The politician who, in British politics at least, still divides opinion the most. I have a couple of friends, from mining backgrounds, who even today, almost thirty years later, have a hint of bitterness whenever they speak of her. Personally I have, over the years, come over to the Thatcher camp.

The thing with strong, determined, leaders is that they don't get they way without upsetting a lot of people. Unfortunate but true.

AndyG43
April 8th, 2013, 09:42
I'd hate to lock this one so soon... (*sigh*)May I suggest, as respectfully as I can, that it could be a good idea to do so. As Huub has so rightly pointed out
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum In some of us that particular lady provokes strong emotion; it is difficult to remain quiet when we hear somebody who, in our opinion, visited much ill on many people being praised so effusively. I won't speak ill off the dead, this forum is not the place for political comment; but I hope that you can understand my reasoning for this request.

beana51
April 8th, 2013, 09:51
How Sad the Closed mind....YUCK!

PRB
April 8th, 2013, 10:20
I suppose I should have seen this one coming a mile away. How silly of me. Sorry for causing such a ruckus.