PDA

View Full Version : this my favourite picture of you

Dangerousdave26
April 8th, 2013, 03:45
I still can't fathom why people click on links in messages.

Seems there is a Trojan that once installed causes the computer to mine for bit coins. The bug is being transmitted by Skype and to get it you have to click on the link in a message sent to you. The subject line is "this my favourite picture of you".

I never click links to websites sent to me by people I know. I would never think of doing that from someone I do not know.

Why are there still people out there who fall for this stuff? :isadizzy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22064534

glh
April 8th, 2013, 08:17
Noooooo, Dave, I won't click on the link in your message !!!!

Daveroo
April 8th, 2013, 08:27
and so you post a link??? what the ??

Jagdflieger
April 8th, 2013, 11:23
Ha, ha! Yes, I noted the irony of that too.

srgalahad
April 8th, 2013, 15:31
Irony is free!

Wash, rinse, starch, hangers all extra!

gradyhappyg
April 8th, 2013, 18:51
Yes and someone is using Facebook friends lists to run scams as well. Got an email that was supposedly from one of my three Facebook friends, could tell right off it was written by none of them by the way it was worded and the email address it was from.The email wanted me to click on this link that they were sure I was going to love. Needless to say I didn't click the link so I don't know what the scam was but word to the wise to those Facebookers be on the look out. If someone sends you a link using one of your friends names but from a strange email just trash that sucker. Beats spending a week trying to remove some Trojan or spyware.