PDA

View Full Version : Ooh-rah SOH

jojohnson9
April 6th, 2013, 16:28
"The SOH has been one of the most helpful, informative, and caring sites in Flight Simulator land for all this century" This is part of a closed thread from one of the hard working people responsible for keeping SOH and our FltSim hobby alive. Since it is a closed thread, I can't respond directly. So now this new thread. I visit SOH at least half a dozen times a day. I read all posts for all new ideas and thoughts about FS. I look for news about all the many airplanes and ships and all other many fun addons to our hobby. I look for help when I am having problems, and most times I find solutions from the many FS people who also use this great site. I am not trying to start a discussion about things and no response is expected or required. All I am saying is: "OOH-RAH SOH!!!"

Roger
April 6th, 2013, 16:34
Thanks John,
We do our best and it's always nice to see this appreciated:ernae:

Marvin Carter
April 6th, 2013, 16:48
Beates place and Bestes people. Been coming here from the start and have lernt me some stuff.HeHe!!!
THANKS PEOPLE!!!!!

clmooring
April 6th, 2013, 17:29
the primary site I use. rarely see a cross word.

TARPSBird
April 6th, 2013, 23:20
SOH is not just an online hobby forum to me. When I'm here, either posting or just reading, I feel like I'm among friends. :salute:

gradyhappyg
April 7th, 2013, 00:12
Sure but that other thread forced me to Google the word "internecine" so now I sit here feeling even dumber than usual. (if you can believe that) Even worse still don't think I can pronounce it. :isadizzy: Just kidding in a non internecine way. :mixedsmi:

FentiFlier1
April 7th, 2013, 01:47
"The SOH has been one of the most helpful, informative, and caring sites in Flight Simulator land for all this century" This is part of a closed thread from one of the hard working people responsible for keeping SOH and our FltSim hobby alive. Since it is a closed thread, I can't respond directly. So now this new thread. I visit SOH at least half a dozen times a day. I read all posts for all new ideas and thoughts about FS. I look for news about all the many airplanes and ships and all other many fun addons to our hobby. I look for help when I am having problems, and most times I find solutions from the many FS people who also use this great site. I am not trying to start a discussion about things and no response is expected or required. All I am saying is: "OOH-RAH SOH!!!"

Hear, hear!

TheGrunt
April 7th, 2013, 04:05
SOH is the best among other flightsim sites. Period. Friendly atmosphere and site's focus in vintage and military aviation makes this a wonderful community. Many topics here aren't just about models in the sim, but many users also contribute with history and knolwedge about the subject and that really brings a new view for simming. Freeware work also gets a lot more attention and respect here compared to some other sites, which is absolutely great thing!

Navy Chief
April 7th, 2013, 04:26
I get up each morning, make coffee, check the news, and then see what's happening on SOH. Great friends here. I love this website!

NC

KellyB
April 7th, 2013, 05:30
I get up each morning, make coffee, check the news, and then see what's happening on SOH. Great friends here. I love this website!

NC

Yup. Except I switch the last two...

italoc
April 7th, 2013, 05:48

NC

I concur 110% !!!

Italo

THibben
April 7th, 2013, 11:13
I also concur 110%.

Bruce Thompson
April 7th, 2013, 12:45
Morning Coffee would never be the same without SOH, thanks to all involved for this Forum
it brings meaning to my day. I will miss it for a few days at the end of the month, having a
new knee fitted so it will keep me occupied while I recoup.

AussieMan
April 7th, 2013, 14:53
SOH is my first port of call in the morning forum check and the at night. The thing I like the most about SOH is you are not restricted with what you want to talk about. Some forums don't allow you to discuss products other than theirs. Also if you wish to post screenshots it must be over their scenery otherwise it is deleted. Here there is no such restrictions. And there are also a great bunch of people and very helpful developers.

Eoraptor1
April 7th, 2013, 15:35
Sure but that other thread forced me to Google the word "internecine" so now I sit here feeling even dumber than usual. (if you can believe that) Even worse still don't think I can pronounce it. :isadizzy: Just kidding in a non internecine way. :mixedsmi:

You accepted that you don't know everything, and took advantage of available resources to rectify the situation. That's my definition of SMART.

JAMES

Scratch
April 7th, 2013, 16:30
Semper Fi y'all!

modelr
April 7th, 2013, 18:15
Second site I check in morning, after the weather, then last one before bed. Only FS Sim site I read. Thanks all!

Naismith
April 7th, 2013, 22:31

It's an Italian soccer club, from Milan I believe...:wiggle:

dougal
April 8th, 2013, 02:44
I also concur and express my sincere thanks to all. Not JUST those who run, maintain and moderate the site, but also the terrific bunch who 'belong' here that make it what it is.

Someone mentioned above they had never seen a crossed word here. I beg to differ (without being cross of course). There's been many a crossed word here, and that's EXACTLY why I love this place so much... Common sense almost always prevails, and moderators rarely act high and mighty, as I see in so many other forums. I see a great deal of tolerance here and I admire it.

So yes, thanks to all!!!

Cleartheprop
April 8th, 2013, 10:31

NC
Just the same for me :)

JAllen
April 8th, 2013, 13:47
:salute:

c87
April 8th, 2013, 18:48
I know I lurk more than post but I don't miss a day without coming to this friendly and informative place. Good stuff and good people here, even if I only "know" you in a virtual sense.

Rob

mikewmac
April 9th, 2013, 06:07
I haven't been around SOH much in the last few years, but recently I started visiting again and have found that this site is still a great resource for information and addons. :applause:

Keep up the outstanding work. :salute:

big-mike
April 9th, 2013, 06:15
My favourite site for years.Here i find everything i need.:applause:
Michael

wildcat
April 9th, 2013, 09:29
I haven't been around much of late,but this is still by far the friendliest sim site on the web,keep it up people.