PDA

View Full Version : Question for RAZBAM on A-7E

PRB
April 6th, 2013, 12:08
Is there a way to configure the default load out? I can control the drop tanks by adjusting the fuel quantities in the aircraft.cfg, but I would love to have sidewinders on the two fuselage stations by default. This would make me very happy. What do I have to tweak and bend on to do this?

DaveKDEN
April 6th, 2013, 12:37
Is there a way to configure the default load out? I can control the drop tanks by adjusting the fuel quantities in the aircraft.cfg, but I would love to have sidewinders on the two fuselage stations by default. This would make me very happy. What do I have to tweak and bend on to do this?

Good question.

dhazelgrove
April 6th, 2013, 12:42

I would guess that you'd set the default weight on the two pylons in the aircraft.cfg to "sidewinder".

Dave

PRB
April 6th, 2013, 12:50
I would guess that you'd set the default weight on the two pylons in the aircraft.cfg to "sidewinder".

Dave

An excellent suggestion! I tried it, but it didn't work. :icon_lol: This makes sense since there are a couple of different AIM-9 versions you can load, through the ASCU. So just setting the weight alone wouldn't tell the system which one to load. I'm guessing it's built into the model, unfortunately.

DagR
April 6th, 2013, 13:17
Reduce fuel and reload user aircraft.

Best
DagR

Lawman
April 7th, 2013, 00:35
There's a loadout-manager included (SHIFT-1 I believe), but to use it you have to put the aircraft into "cold & dark"-mode (shut the engine down). Like others have already said, to get rid of (the weight of) the fuel you also have to go to the "fuel"-menu in FSX. It's all in the manual:).

DaveKDEN
April 7th, 2013, 06:31
There's a loadout-manager included (SHIFT-1 I believe), but to use it you have to put the aircraft into "cold & dark"-mode (shut the engine down). Like others have already said, to get rid of (the weight of) the fuel you also have to go to the "fuel"-menu in FSX. It's all in the manual:).
I think his question is "can you change the default loadout" vs. how do you change the loadout. E.g., starting with sidewinders as default instead of fuel tanks.

DaveKDEN
April 10th, 2013, 14:01

I was wondering what you modified in the aircraft.cfg to control the drop tanks? I'm assuming it's one of the "station_load.x" parameters, but which one? Does the adjustment make it so the drop tanks are absent by default?